PDA

View Full Version : Hairtype me!

Cirafly24
February 7th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I've never done a proper hairtyping...this time I clarified, no conditioner, and didn't touch it while it was drying. I hate that it looks so thin when the strands dry all clumped together. Anyway, what do you think my hairtype is?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5281&pictureid=95536

Close-up of waves. Mostly s-waves with the occasional loose corkscrew
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5281&pictureid=95537

Purdy Bear
February 7th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Looks like 2 B to me at the moment.

The system is to wash hair only with shampoo, so no conditioner, no leave ins or oils, and then dont touch it (no finger combing etc) and let it air dry. Im not sure if the clarifying would change it.

Mesmerise
February 7th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Hmm I'm not very good at hairtyping! It doesn't look any wavier than mine really...but those ends look a wee bit curlier... I think your length straightens it a bit... I think 2a/2b because there's sort of a mix of hair in there!

aggie_deirde
February 7th, 2011, 04:09 AM
I belive you're 2b.I really love your haircolor :)

Lianna
February 7th, 2011, 05:06 AM
I also think 2b. :)

Cirafly24
February 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Looks like 2 B to me at the moment.

The system is to wash hair only with shampoo, so no conditioner, no leave ins or oils, and then dont touch it (no finger combing etc) and let it air dry. Im not sure if the clarifying would change it.

Yep, that's what I did :) Shampoo only, no conditioner, no leave ins, no touching. I said clarified because the shampoo has sulfates.

I belive you're 2b.I really love your haircolor :)

Thank you! It's a mix of my natural color and some old faded dye.

Hmmm...I don't know, do you really think 2b? Maybe 2a/2b? Before this, I had it listed as 1c/2a

SpinDance
February 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I vote for you being 2B. Your spirals look a little larger around and more obvious than mine. I think part of that is the color, it is easier to see details on your beautiful rich color! If I comb/detangle while my hair is damp it will straighten most of the waves out. Once it has been in a bun for a little while I get good bun waves, which my straight haired friends don't get.

Anje
February 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Those corkscrew ends make me think 2c.

lapushka
February 7th, 2011, 03:12 PM
2a definitely. 2b from looking at the ends, and then I noticed the corkscrew curls, and they make me lean towards 2c.

Becky Safari
February 7th, 2011, 03:19 PM
2b because the wave pattern is so prominent

morecowbell
February 7th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I'm not great at hairtyping (I'd agree with 2b/2c because of your spirals though), but I just had to tell you how beautiful your texture is! That's my dream hair. :)

Cirafly24
February 7th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I'm not great at hairtyping (I'd agree with 2b/2c because of your spirals though), but I just had to tell you how beautiful your texture is! That's my dream hair. :)

Thank you, that's so sweet! I felt kind of bad about this picture because my hair all dried in clumps, and looks so thin and straggly. You just made my day! :D

krissykins
February 7th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! I say 2b/2c, I don't think there's a lot of 2a goin' on :p

Cirafly24
February 7th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Thank you, krissykins! Wow, I had no idea I could even remotely be considered 2c. Not sure if I'm going with 2b or 2b/2c. *sigh* this is difficult lol

Rocket22
February 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Thank you, krissykins! Wow, I had no idea I could even remotely be considered 2c. Not sure if I'm going with 2b or 2b/2c. *sigh* this is difficult lol

if you have any spiral at all that would be 2c :)

pepperedmoth
February 7th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Cirafly, I have no idea, but your hair looks almost EXACTLY like mine so I am lurking this thread eagerly to hear the verdict . . . we both look 2a at the top and 2c at the bottom. Hmmmm.

Cirafly24
February 8th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Cirafly, I have no idea, but your hair looks almost EXACTLY like mine so I am lurking this thread eagerly to hear the verdict . . . we both look 2a at the top and 2c at the bottom. Hmmmm.

Hi, pepperedmoth! Our hair does look similar :) I'm leaning toward 2b, as that seems to have gotten the most votes so far.

julliams
February 8th, 2011, 01:44 AM
I LOVE how your waves clump together - and I love your colour. I think you are 2b/2c and that your waves are awesome!

Cirafly24
February 8th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I LOVE how your waves clump together - and I love your colour. I think you are 2b/2c and that your waves are awesome!

Thank you, julliams :) The wurls in your avatar are to die for!