PDA

View Full Version : How long before you reach your ultimate goal?

ScarlettAdelle
February 6th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I can't recall there being a thread like this... I did some searching and was unable to find one.

So? How long before you'll reach your ultimate goal? I'm growing out years of damage from beauty school and just basically being a teenager who was unhappy with her looks. I've decided to grow my hair, virgin to fingertip length when air dried and curly. I'm about one year into my estimated six year journey. I estimate I'll reach my goal by my birthday of 2016, so 5 years and 4 months.

How about everyone else?

McFearless
February 7th, 2011, 12:03 AM
My goal is virgin hip length hair. My hair is currently at waist with lots of layers and I have only two inches of virgin hair.

It'll take me years to get to my goal. FML.

LisaMonster
February 7th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I -thought- my goal was waist, which I'm hoping to reach by this summer, but of course, being on LHC, I think my goal is slowly creeping toward classic... maybe two more years? Two and a half?

MissManda
February 7th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Well, my ultimate goal is classic length, which is about 38" or so on me and my hair is currently 29", so maybe I will be there between a year and a year and a half from now. It all depends on my growth rate and whether I change my trimming schedule. :shrug: I'm really hoping that I'll be at tailbone sometime this summer.

ETA: Oh, I forgot to mention getting rid of all of my layers. I want a nice, long braid that is thick all the way to the ends. That will probably take me a few years to achieve, however.

Cirafly24
February 7th, 2011, 12:42 AM
My ultimate goal (of this moment) is virgin at Classic. My virgin hair is already at 21", and Classic for me would be 46"...so that will take me about 5 years, taking trims into consideration.

While doing these calculations, I started thinking about the approach of the big 3-0...I'm 27 now. Taking 2 1/2" trims per year into consideration, I could be at 51" by my 30th birthday!

Mesmerise
February 7th, 2011, 01:02 AM
My ultimate goal is 100% henna at hip (not going virgin yet due to greys!!)

I guess I'm breaking it into stages cause it will literally take me YEARS to get there...considering I did my last chemical dye just over a week ago :rolleyes:.

However, before I get there I want to get to waist and stay there for awhile to thicken up the hemline, then I will get to hip and maintain.

I'm honestly not sure how long it will take me to grow to hip from the roots which are now about 3mm long (LOL), it's about 32" which I guess will take me somewhere in the order of 5.5 years unless I can get my growth rate up to 1" a month :D in which case it will take me less than three ;) I'd be interested to know how long it takes...BUT I doubt I'll actually know when my hair's just henna and not henna over dye! Maybe the colour will be a bit different but I doubt it.

freckles
February 7th, 2011, 01:08 AM
My goal is tailbone with a good hemline. Tailbone on me is around 36-38", and I'm currently at around 30" (waist), so I'm hoping I can get to nearly-TB this year without trims, and then spend the next year growing the last little bit and improving hemline & condition. So I think I'll be at 'goal' in a little under 2 years, by the end of 2012 hopefully! I've been growing out for about 3.5 years now (from neck length bob).

irisheyes
February 7th, 2011, 02:15 AM
I'm almost at waist now. I think I will be at my goal in June 2011. I'm not sure if I'll stay at waist. I need to trim off the old dye and thicken up my hemline. I guess I'll know when I get there. I'm considering tailbone length as my new goal, so plans to trim may have to wait another 6 to 9 months.

LocustSpawning
February 7th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Mine will take 2 years from now. :(

Heartwillfollow
February 7th, 2011, 02:19 AM
I'm close but about 2 or 3 months away from a solid apl,, am thinking it will be 3 or 4 years until I make it to waist.. :) lol...

vanity_acefake
February 7th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Oh what a question.
Seeing as I'm aiming for terminal length may I put indefinitely.

krissykins
February 7th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'm going to say two and a half to possibly three years?

I have about 10 inches until my goal, and six inches of hair that I need to dispose of as it's damaged.

Sigh. That's a long time. I guess I'll go do a castor oil + massage treatment now.

darklion
February 7th, 2011, 04:23 PM
If I'm going for classic (38"), it will most likely be about a year to a year and a half. I'm at almost waist (27" now, 29" waist") and that will be a couple of months. Since reading this site, I might actually make it!
It was to my waist last year, but it was too long for me to maintain at the time (no updos that worked 4 me), now I'm good to go. Currently, I'm trying to learn a new bun every 2 weeks. It takes me that long just to master one. By the time I reach waist and longer, I'll have plenty of ways to wear my hair.
My hair is already virgin, so there's one thing I don't need to worry about! I can just let it G R O W.

<3OnHerSleeve
February 7th, 2011, 04:28 PM
I am about 1 year from my first goal to my waist, but I'm also planning on growing my hair down to classic length and growing out the dye. So that's another 2 years to classic, and then to grow out the dye about another 3 years...sigh 6 years to go... oh well it'll be worth it. Great thread!

Dina L.
February 7th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I have 5 more inches till my "first" goal (1 year in normal tempo, hopefully half year with castor oil), after that I'll see. I've seen a lot of beautiful hair here... :crush:

BrightEyes
February 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
I have 3 to 3.5 years before I reach my goal of BSL (plus one to two inches maybe). I've been taking 5000mg of Biotin for the past 4 months and haven't seen a huge increase in growth rate (but a good decrease in shedding so I'm happy). And I plan on keeping up with microtrims every other month to keep the ends even and cut away damage. Eventually I'll get there.

Kathie
February 7th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'm aiming for waist, which at a guess is around 30inches... So at this rate around 2 years for sure.

Madora
February 7th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Lord willing, two more years to reach classic.

roxylake
February 7th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I'm really not sure...I have never attempted to grow it too much past bsl before...I always cut it. I'm thinking a couple of years?

constantki
February 7th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I hope I will be at classic length by september of 2013 tops; though I do only have about 10 inches to go, so realistically it will probably reach classic a bit sooner

redneckprincess
February 7th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I'd love to get to waist curly, but as of yet I'm still trying to get to BSL curly, so probally a year or two. But I've never been as long as I am now, so I will be enjoying this journey till I reach it!!

monsterna
February 7th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I want waist, which is about 10-11" away I think. So a year and a half at best, I'd say.

gman4354
February 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I'll reach my ultimate goal in about 1 or 2 months and I can't wait, it's going to look amazing! (:

princessp
February 7th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Truthfully, I don't know what my ultimate goal is! But I am about TB when wet, so I'm thinking I should reach TB dry this year then I'll be on to classic. Classic is likely where I will stop to thicken my hemline but who really knows.

Becky Safari
February 7th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I have 5 inches to my length goal, which is 36" and hip/tbl on me. I should be there by the end of this year.

However my ultimate goal is to have a nice thick hemline and that could take 2 years to grow out the layers, and maybe 5 years to grow out my bangs completely

patienceneeded
February 7th, 2011, 06:03 PM
My first goal is waist, which I think I can get to by Christmas. Once I get to waist I'm going to maintain for a while to get rid of damage from hairdye/etc. Once the damage is gone, I'm curious to see how long my hair can grow, so I'll be finding terminal after that.

I guess one year for my first goal and then however long it takes after that.

fluffybunny
February 7th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I may have 5 years left. I want to have a whole head of terminal length uncut hair, so I'm guessing 7 years with no cuts to do that, and it's been about 2 years since I stopped cutting.

Henrietta
February 8th, 2011, 08:05 AM
If I didn't cut, it would take 3 years to go to classic. But since I trim and I should include stalls and slow growing periods... It can take 5 years...

Pyvsi
February 8th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Fifteen years, I think? I'd like tailbone, I'm quite tall, and my hair is locked which eats up length like crazy. So it goes.

mrs_coffee
February 8th, 2011, 10:19 AM
My first mini-goal is BSL, ultimate is waist. I'm roughly 18 inches or so from waist length so it will be a while, probably 2 years, given my typical growth rate.

Sanyia
February 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I figure I want 10 more inches of hair, so two years, give or take.