PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remove demi color -- need help.

WritingMum
February 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I used to get Redkin demi-permanent color (a.k.a. Shades)at the salon, then switched to (the old style Hydra-something or other-- not the soy based formula) Clairol(?) Compliments demi from Sally's and began doing it myself.

Lately, I've been trying to do the roots only, since I'm pretty gentle with my hair and the demi isn't washing out much by the time my roots have grown out. But my hair seems to not be taking the new color very well, so I have the skunk stripe effect after all.

Is there something ultra gentle that I can do to remove the demi color dye on the length of my hair without stripping out all the oils, as I would if I just washed it 25 times with a harsh shampoo as prescribed? I'd like to take it down to it's natural color, not strip the daylights out of the hair itself.

Suggestions/words of wisdom would be welcome.
Thanks in advance!

best regards,
Writing Mum (Writing Princess's Mum)

KittyLost
February 7th, 2011, 03:07 AM
You could try Scott Cornwall's Colour B4, it strips hair colour and doesn't leave any damage on your hair as it contains no bleach or peroixide. It removes the colour and leaves your hair a bit dry as if you had washed it with calrifying shampoo or anti-dandruff shampoo a few times to get rid of the hair colour.

There is also dish soap and the like to remove hair colour but it all leaves hair dry, nothing a deep treatment can't solve.

WritingMum
February 7th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks, Kitty. If you strip and then do a deep treatment, do you still get the problem of scalp overproduction? Does the deep treatment put a halt to that or do you just end up with a mess?

Separate question: Is there anything herbal that might work?

Thanks,
WritingMum