PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else have issues with hats?

Alix
February 6th, 2011, 07:58 PM
When I had short hair, I could wear most hats no problem because there was so much thickness with my hair. Now that it's longer and more weighed down, I can't wear hats that aren't fitted! They fall right over my eyes! Cute fedora's or bucket hats? They eat my face. :mad:

Did anyone else wind up having a small head? I didn't realize my head was so small, I used to be able to wear hats fine. On the plus side, winter hats look fantastic with long hair!

Lianna
February 6th, 2011, 08:48 PM
The only issue I have with hats is that I can't wear them. It's never "really" winter here, and even when the weather is just mild enough that one could endure to wear a hat, people give you a side-eye and comment on it. Virtually no one wears hats where I live, I also think hats look awesome. :)

HannahDelicious
February 6th, 2011, 08:53 PM
When I had short hair, I could wear most hats no problem because there was so much thickness with my hair. Now that it's longer and more weighed down, I can't wear hats that aren't fitted! They fall right over my eyes! Cute fedora's or bucket hats? They eat my face. :mad:

Did anyone else wind up having a small head? I didn't realize my head was so small, I used to be able to wear hats fine. On the plus side, winter hats look fantastic with long hair!

What you just said is so... hats eat my face too! I have this adorable strawberry beanie and I can COVER MY ENTIRE FACE WITH IIIIIIIITTTT!!!! :angry:

So yeah, that sucks.

LisaMonster
February 6th, 2011, 09:24 PM
My head is big and my hair is thick. I'm a no go on hats in the other direction.

McFearless
February 6th, 2011, 09:28 PM
You could try updos to make your hair bigger or look into childrens hats!

Malibu Barbie
February 6th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I love hats and wear them often. I do have to try many different kinds because they all fit different. Some are perfect and some are awful. Keep looking you might find some that will work.

HairColoredHair
February 6th, 2011, 09:43 PM
My only issue with hats is my head is too big for all of them... Generally wear men's hats because of that.

orangeskye
February 6th, 2011, 10:30 PM
when i was in marching band in high school, we had to wear hats as part of our uniforms, and they always had to order the largest hat for me, and everyone used to call me big head.

until they realized that i had to fit all my hair in that hat, and THATs why it had to be a large >< now, as long as my hair is down and not stuffed in a hat... it fit in a normal size perfectly.

Katze
February 7th, 2011, 03:11 AM
My head is big and my hair is thick. I'm a no go on hats in the other direction.

My only issue with hats is my head is too big for all of them... Generally wear men's hats because of that.

Massive dome here. It is really hard to find hats that fit, and that STAY on my head. Then my hair is slippery, contributing to the problem. I would like to wear scarves or Buffs, but they are even worse, and no amount of bobby pins make them stay (imagine a round tied-together scarf held in just one or two spots with pins, then sliding off, messing up my hair as it goes...!

The hardest thing is swimming. I am going to have to see if I can find an XXL silicone swim cap when I go to the States in a couple of weeks, since such things don't exist here and I have already ruined three swim caps in the past two years since my head is too big and my hair getting thicker all the time...

candlesandfish
February 8th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Ugh, hats. I live in Australia, where the sun is very hot and very bright and very burn-y. So I have to wear a hat (particularly since I am light sensitive) all summer. Except, they don't fit over updos, and I am not wearing my hair down in 40*C weather. I've been trying to find something that works...

In winter I wear a beret and it fit over all my updos last year, as long as I didn't wear hairsticks to hold the style in place. Hats don't seem to mind forks as long as they're not at a 90* ish angle

Fiordiligi
February 8th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Massive dome here. It is really hard to find hats that fit, and that STAY on my head. Then my hair is slippery, contributing to the problem.

This is absolutely my case too. Standard ladies hats always want to pop off before I even start wondering what to do with my hair. It runs in the family: when my elder son was 6, I started buying him sunhats in the small mens size as kids sizing was so hopeless.

Yozhik
February 8th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Another Bighead here.

I had a lot of trouble this winter finding a hat that would cover not only my head, but my buns. Of course I could wear my hair down, but then it tangles like crazy from the friction of my coat and scarf. The other option is to wear it outside my coat, but then it gets exposed to freezing temperatures . . . there's just no winning.

The best solution I've found is to wear a scarf on my head.

SpinDance
February 8th, 2011, 06:59 AM
I burn easily so always wear a hat when I'm out in the sun. I have had good luck with folding sun hats. The nicest ones I've found here (http://www.hatinabag.com/). They have a couple sizes. I also like these (http://www.ifactoryoutlet.com/catalog/foldable-sun-hats) which are also available at this link (http://foldablehats.com/). Unlike the first place, the less expensive place is one size only.

They have all strings to keep them on in the wind, and depending on how I've got my hair can fit them over braids, or just above a really low nape bun.

Gulbahar
February 8th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I usually buy children's hats. They often come in different sizes and are cheaper too.