PDA

View Full Version : Hair Typing Help Please :)

Mesmerise
February 6th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Okay, so this morning I did an oil shampoo wash, and then left my hair dry all alone, no combing, brushing etc. etc. so it's ready to be typed! I had myself as 1c/2a but I think I can firmly leave the 1s??!

Excuse how awful and frizzy it looks lol!

Not sure how to post a picture (as it didn't work when I tried it??!) so here's the link to it in my album: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7206&pictureid=95504

Thanks in advance everyone!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7206&pictureid=95504

aldasbeke
February 6th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I would say 1c/2a but then again, I'm not that good at typing so another opinion might be better..

Mesmerise
February 6th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I would say 1c/2a but then again, I'm not that good at typing so another opinion might be better..

Well, yeah this is what I originally thought, but I saw a couple of hair typing threads where the hair was probably similar in mine to wave, but they were getting answers of 2a or 2a/2b, so I'm just not sure ;)

It's sort of hard to see well in the picture due to reflected light... probably be easier if I had someone to take the picture for me so I wouldn't have to do it in the mirror!

Lianna
February 6th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Looks 2a to me.

krissykins
February 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I see more 2a than 1c :shrug:

Mesmerise
February 6th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Oh, and one more thing which isn't really shown in the picture, is that it's curlier underneath than on top (silly hair!). Sometimes the underneath bits even decide to become ringlets!

Lianna
February 6th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Oh, and one more thing which isn't really shown in the picture, is that it's curlier underneath than on top (silly hair!). Sometimes the underneath bits even decide to become ringlets!

Interesting. It's possible to have more than one texture. I have a little 3b and lots of 2b/2c. So I picked 2c/3a for me. :D

Mesmerise
February 6th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Interesting. It's possible to have more than one texture. I have a little 3b and lots of 2b/2c. So I picked 2c/3a for me. :D

Yeah, hair can be awfully puzzling! I've always wondered why my hair just can't be uniformly wavy instead of a bit wavy in some bits, and quite wavy in others!

Mine also seems less wavy since I had a lot of shedding too...which is quite odd. I guess in time it will reach some sort of equilibrium again if I just look after it?!

krissykins
February 6th, 2011, 07:31 PM

That's exactly why I picked 2c/3a for myself. I have from 2b to 3b goin' on. I'm a lot more 2c these days though... Sigh.

Fufu
February 6th, 2011, 07:32 PM
it looks 2a to me :)

MissManda
February 6th, 2011, 07:39 PM
If the underlayers are wavier than your canopy, then you're at least a 2a, if not wavier. :flower:

Lianna
February 7th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah, hair can be awfully puzzling! I've always wondered why my hair just can't be uniformly wavy instead of a bit wavy in some bits, and quite wavy in others!

Mine also seems less wavy since I had a lot of shedding too...which is quite odd. I guess in time it will reach some sort of equilibrium again if I just look after it?!

That's exactly why I picked 2c/3a for myself. I have from 2b to 3b goin' on. I'm a lot more 2c these days though... Sigh.

Good to know others out there!! :cheese: My bangs/front are the curly parts (which I brush into an updo/tuck behind ears) and the back is mostly 2b now. I never really "look" as curly as my typing, but that's what I learned from the hairtype wash.

lapushka
February 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM
It looks like 1c to me. I'm a little doubtful about 2a because to me it looks like it has more body than actual s-waves.