PDA

View Full Version : MSM and Biotin?

patienceneeded
February 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I bought some MSM (1000mg) tablets today at Trader Joes and I was wondering if it was okay to take MSM and Biotin at the same time? I have been taking 5mcg of Biotin everyday for the last 50+ days. I have not noticed a major difference in my hair while taking the Biotin and was thinking of either switching to MSM or taking them both. I am almost out of Biotin (just enough to get through Friday). Should I wait to start the MSM until after the Biotin is gone, or will it be okay to take both?

I also take a daily Women's multi and a Calcium supplement.

Thanks!

SummerSkye
February 6th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Ive been taking Biotin for a couple of months and just started taking MSM last week, there seems to be quite a few people on here taking both and as far as I know it is safe to do so. If you worrie it would probably be best to see your Doctor or Pharmacist to check. I did notice an improvement with my hair after taking biotin (well it stopped falling out!) but Ive heard great things about MSM so thought I would give it a go too!

moon-child
February 6th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I take both and haven't had any problems but I'm not sure of the scientifics so I'm also curious if anyone knows for definite it's fine to take both!

Veviticus
February 13th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I have started taking MSM for the last two days, and since then I have had headaches. Someone else suggested to take the MSM with another supplement to prevent headaches, but I can't find it. Does anyone else know what the other supplement was?