PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this BSL?

PiroskaCicu
February 6th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Today I decided to comb my hair gently when wet, and I took a picture... It appears my ends *just* reach BSL.:D Does this count?

I'm a bit impatient :o

What do you think? :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7140&pictureid=95471

spidermom
February 6th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Yes; congratuations on reaching another milestone in your journey.

LisaMonster
February 6th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Welcome to BSL!

bunzfan
February 6th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Yes just about. Well done i found everything from here onwards easier :)

summerjade
February 6th, 2011, 12:35 PM
It is definitely BSL. Congratulations!! Mine is almost there. I'm so impatient as my hair grows so slowly.Is it really easier after reaching BSL? That is very encouraging to know.

PiroskaCicu
February 6th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks! :D I was so excited but wanted to make sure it counts as BSL before I go around changing my descriptions /signature hehe...

Yes I noticed it's getting easier to handle as it's getting longer. I can do a few more updos :)

chopandchange
February 6th, 2011, 12:39 PM
It depends if you define BSL as just touching the top of the bra strap, or touching the bottom.

Personally I think the side bits are still APL but the middle bits are touching the TOP of your bra strap, so if that was your goal, you've reached it!

PiroskaCicu
February 6th, 2011, 12:42 PM
It depends if you define BSL as just touching the top of the bra strap, or touching the bottom.

Personally I think the side bits are still APL but the middle bits are touching the TOP of your bra strap, so if that was your goal, you've reached it!

Yes, my sides are shorter because I have face framing layers so they are still APL or less, but I like to measure from the longest points

bunzfan
February 6th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I measured from the top of the bra like you because I'm so impatient .

jaine
February 6th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Don't be mad but I actually wouldn't call it BSL just yet! That's because the pieces touching your bra strap seem to be hanging down "outside" the shape of your hemline. I see a slight U-shaped hemline with a few center pieces that are longer than the overall shape. Once the bottom of the slight U shape is at BSL, then I would call it BSL.

PiroskaCicu
February 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Don't be mad but I actually wouldn't call it BSL just yet! That's because the pieces touching your bra strap seem to be hanging down "outside" the shape of your hemline. I see a slight U-shaped hemline with a few center pieces that are longer than the overall shape. Once the bottom of the slight U shape is at BSL, then I would call it BSL.

Thanks,:) yes you are right, but I guess i am too impatient :p... and it's so close that it's driving me crazy... maybe one more month to go ...

BellCat
February 6th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Looks like BSL to me! Congrats :cheese:! Lovely colour BTW

irishlady
February 6th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Yes just touching down on BSL now, congrats! :D

ibleedlipstick
February 6th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I think it is just touching BSL! Congrats :)

JulietCapulet
February 6th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Well, it's definitely pretty! I don't really have a good understanding of hair titles...all that matters is how it looks! And yours looks great!

tinti
February 6th, 2011, 02:37 PM

I agree with this :)

growing2shine
February 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I think you'r at BSL, so congratulations! :cheer: Also, what an amazing colour and shine! Very pretty!

Red_Wednesday
February 6th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I say, "Claim it"! Congrats!!

Fufu
February 6th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I will call it BSL too :) However, it's up to you if you will like to wait 1 more month for a even more solid BSL :)

vanity_acefake
February 7th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Yes. Congratulations on reaching a length milestone.
:)

roxylake
February 7th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I really want to see the pic...I think I am almost there.

Bubbleguppy
February 7th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Definitely looks like BSL to me! Congrats! :thumbsup:

redneckprincess
February 7th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Its really when YOU decide to call it either touching or covering Bra Strap. Mine just touches when wavy, and almost covers if I were to straighten it. Congrats to you! :)

Henrietta
February 8th, 2011, 08:25 AM
You know, it looks like you've reached BSL about a month earlier, I mean the longest strands are well at BSL:) So, of course it counts.

Eolan
February 8th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I think you are at BSL. It looks very good! Enjoy the lenght! :D

Kakes1065
February 8th, 2011, 08:30 AM
I am new to this site - I don't know what some abbreviations mean like APL or BSL? I'm not sure how to determine my hair type it shows letters with numbers but no guide on how to determine what my hair type is? Any help would be greatly appreciately. Thanks.

Sanyia
February 8th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Hi Kakes, APL means armpit lenght and BSL means bra strap length. Welcome to the community.

This is a very useful collection of helpful articles including hair typing, too:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7804

PiroskaCicu
February 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks everyone :flower: