PDA

View Full Version : Is it actually long hair? Or really short hair?

Pixystix6
February 6th, 2011, 12:41 AM
So I've noticed a little bit on here and when I just see people walking around, that some peoples hair looks longer and some looks shorter even if it's the same length. I'm 5' nothing, and mine is about 26in that's very close to my waist. And my goal is to my tail bone which I believe will be about 32in. So I guess I'm just wondering what are those lengths on you guys? If that makes sense..:confused:

monsterna
February 6th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I know what you're talking about. Waist on some people looks like BSL on others, even if it's at their waist, too. Same for hip and tailbone, etc. It's strange. It's just body size, height, and proportions.

MissManda
February 6th, 2011, 01:23 AM
It all depends on your height and proportions. :) Waist length on me is 26" while 32" is somewhere around BCL/TBL, so your measurements sound really close to mine. I am very petite at only 5'1" and I also have a shortish waist.

Mesmerise
February 6th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Well I'm only 4'11" but I guess I have a long body, as my hair's 26" and still 3" from waist! But yeah, I see other people whose hair looks longer than mine but doesn't hang down as far on their backs cause they're taller! For me my goal of 32" should take me to hip.

lora410
February 6th, 2011, 02:18 AM
5'9" here my hair is hip at 32"

Joliebaby
February 6th, 2011, 02:40 AM
32" is waist length on me.
I've also noticed that even when the hair is the same in actual length, the condition and thickness and bluntness of the ends can affect how long it looks. Thick, blunt TB length hair looks longer to me than thin, see-through TB length hair. For some reason when there is more of it, it registers as longer, too.

ddiana1979
February 6th, 2011, 03:59 AM
I'm 5'9", and waist is 30" for me. Almost all of my height is in my legs (as a comparison, my 6'1" ex-boyfriend and I have legs of the same length). My hair is also very straight, so I don't have to deal with the shrinkage factor.

jasper
February 6th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I am 5'6" with relatively short legs and a relatively long torso and no waist to speak of in my round shape. I think waist length hair is 34 inches on me,

Messyhair
February 6th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I know BSL is 26" on me, but I haven't checked on waist length in a while. 30-something.

wendy51
February 6th, 2011, 08:19 AM
It depends on your height too ; )

someone who is 1, 60m with waist length,won't have the same length as someone who is 1, 75 ^^. And also waist length
^^

hibiscus
February 6th, 2011, 08:25 AM
32" .
I've also noticed that even when the hair is the same in actual length, the condition and thickness and bluntness of the ends can affect how long it looks. Thick, blunt TB length hair looks longer to me than thin, see-through TB length hair. For some reason when there is more of it, it registers as longer, too.

I find this too. Some kind of optical illusion.

Henrietta
February 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM
See Pixystix6? For you TBL is 32 inches when for me 31.2 is only waist! :D
Apart from the fact that BSL hair on a short person looks long and waist length on hight person can look short, we have to count in the fact that after looking at knee length hair pics here, when we think "long" hair we have something different in ours mind that non LHCer:D:D:D

Pixystix6
February 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I find this too. Some kind of optical illusion.

If there was a like button, I would like what you just said.

Pixystix6
February 6th, 2011, 08:37 AM
See Pixystix6? For you TBL is 32 inches when for me 31.2 is only waist! :D
Apart from the fact that BSL hair on a short person looks long and waist length on hight person can look short, we have to count in the fact that after looking at knee length hair pics here, when we think "long" hair we have something different in ours mind that non LHCer:D:D:D

That's true, but for me, knee length would look silly on me haha, I think. I guess long to me is waist/hip/classic when I see anyone who has that. I use to work with this girl who had REALLY long hair her whole life... She was pretty short too. So I wanted long hair like that too, I thought it was cool. Now if I were to cut it off, it'd be like loosing a limb.

growing2shine
February 6th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I'm 5'5'' and waist on me is 30''. :D

orangeskye
February 6th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I'm 5'9, and my hair is at 30 inches now, and it's maybe 3 inches from waist? i always used to get so jealous of little girls with super long hair, it's not fair! they've got like 20 inches, but it looks like it's waist on them!

moon-child
February 6th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I've never thought about this before but it's a good point!

Finally there's an advantage of being short lol! :)

xoxophelia
February 6th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Well I am 5'9" and waist for me is about 30". TB I have ballparked to be 39" and hip 35" ( measure to the very very tip of the tailbone for TB length). If I wanted to go from classic to knee that would take me forever though. My upper leg is slightly longer than my 6'0" brother's O.o

monsterna
February 6th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Just measured, and I'm 5'6" and I believe comfortable waist on me is about 31".

Florida Mom
February 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I am 5'2" and TB is 32" on me.

You know, you have to take everything into account.... head size, neck length, and torso length. I guess it is all perception.

Of course TB on a 5'10" person with a long torso is going to be alot longer and simply be a lot more hair. And look fantastic too. But it takes longer to get there.

just rambling.... lol

Fairlight63
February 6th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I am 5'8" and waist on me is 33".

patienceneeded
February 6th, 2011, 01:23 PM
It's all about body proportions. DH and I are almost the same height (he's 5'7" and I am 5'6") but my waist is MUCH higher than his...I have long legs, he has a long torso. My inseam is 32" his is 29". For me, waist length hair is only 30", his would be closer to 34." 34" would take me just past hip.

Cirafly24
February 6th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I am 5'8", and 26" is about 2" above BSL for me. 32 inches is about waist, and TBL for me is 40".

ibleedlipstick
February 6th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I'm 5'8 and all leg, but even so, my current length is just about an inch past collarbone. I think that body proportions have more play in this than height. I have a long neck and legs, so knee length for me may be completely different for me and someone else who is of the same height.

Annalise
February 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I'm 5'5" and maybe an inch below waist; my hair measures 30". My goal is tailbone, which is 40" on me.

But I want to add that I think that the texture of the hair makes a difference, too. I'm at waist, but I feel like my hair looks like BSL length hair, as far as the shape is concerned.

It seems like for straighties, hair seems to get wider until about APL, then it starts to grow down rather than out. (Am I making any sense here?)

For me, my hair continued to get wider until BSL length, so the overall shape of my waist-length wavy hair is similar to the shape of BSL length straight hair.

For curlies, it seems like the place where hair starts growing down rather than out would be even longer; waist or more.

I'm at 30" and waist-length when my hair is wavy. But if I stretch it out I'm just touching hip. So it's kind of like I have hip-length hair that looks like BSL length hair.

McFearless
February 6th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Shorties are lucky. It takes much less hair for a short person to reach waist, hip, etc. Imagine all the growing a 6'0 tall person has to go through.

jlw9222
February 6th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I'm 5'6" and, on me, waist is 33" with hip being around 37". I enjoy my longer torso except for when I have to measure my hair. :) I look at it as extra time to practice growing my hair out. :)

Pixystix6
February 6th, 2011, 08:03 PM
But I want to add that I think that the texture of the hair makes a difference, too. I'm at waist, but I feel like my hair looks like BSL length hair, as far as the shape is concerned.

It seems like for straighties, hair seems to get wider until about APL, then it starts to grow down rather than out. (Am I making any sense here?)

You make total sense, I feel my hair looks shorter, but it's not, but sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm like "Ohh it's soo long now!" It's fine but I have alot of it, that and I have long layers which I hate.

vanity_acefake
February 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I'm 5ft 5 and waist to me is 31".
Oh I've got so much more growing to go!

BrightEyes7
February 7th, 2011, 04:43 PM
32" is about hip on me. I'm 5'3" but I have a long torso. 26" is between BSL and waist for me.

wildblue
February 7th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I'm 5"4" (almost) and waist length for me is 29.5"

Mesmerise
February 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Reading all these threads I think I have odd proportions!! My waist seems quite low for such a shorty... and my tailbone isn't that far above classic LOL (I must have a vestigial tail or something)!! Hip to TB is much further than TB to classic!!

It's funny how different we all are ;)

Solanil
February 7th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Like Mesmerise, I too feel as if I have very odd proportions now!

Waist on me is around 30" and I'm only 5'2".

I always throught I had quite long legs for my height as 'petite' trousers are too short, but alas it seems my height really is from my torso. :/

Mesmerise
February 7th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Like Mesmerise, I too feel as if I have very odd proportions now!

Waist on me is around 30" and I'm only 5'2".

I always throught I had quite long legs for my height as 'petite' trousers are too short, but alas it seems my height really is from my torso. :/

yes, when I read about girls who have waist length hair at 26" I think my legs must be awfully short in comparison... I've always known I had short legs, but I didn't think they were quite that short!

squiggyflop
February 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM
huh another one of these threads.. hmmm hold on ill go measure..
bsl= 24 inches
waist= 28 inches
hip 33= inches
tailbone= 37 inches
classic perfectly straight= 40 inches
classic wavy to curly anywhere between 41 inches and 45 inches depending on how curly it is that particular day

im 5'6" which is about 3 inches taller than the national average height.. my legs are very long, you see i have a curved spine even with the spinal fusion so if i were straightened out fully i would be 5'9" which is way too tall.. i already wont wear heels because they make me like 6 feet tall which makes me taller than the men i meet, which in turn freaks me out a little and makes me feel unfeminine.. which is weird because lots of girls wear heels to feel feminine, they just make me feel tall like a man..

ddiana1979
February 7th, 2011, 06:42 PM
That's delightful!!! There are several people here who are shorter than me, yet have a longer length to waist than I do (30")! Perhaps having odd proportions isn't so bad at all. . . until I get to hip (if I decide to), and then I'm totally screwed. LOL

xoxophelia
February 7th, 2011, 07:12 PM
huh another one of these threads.. hmmm hold on ill go measure..
bsl= 24 inches
waist= 28 inches
hip 33= inches
tailbone= 37 inches
classic perfectly straight= 40 inches
classic wavy to curly anywhere between 41 inches and 45 inches depending on how curly it is that particular day

im 5'6" which is about 3 inches taller than the national average height.. my legs are very long, you see i have a curved spine even with the spinal fusion so if i were straightened out fully i would be 5'9" which is way too tall.. i already wont wear heels because they make me like 6 feet tall which makes me taller than the men i meet, which in turn freaks me out a little and makes me feel unfeminine.. which is weird because lots of girls wear heels to feel feminine, they just make me feel tall like a man..

5'6" isn't tall by any standards so I don't think you should be worried if you dislike the idea of being a tall woman. And just don't wear 6" heels. There are plenty of cute versions with a 2" or 3" heel. I am 5'9" but personally do not wear heels because my right foot has a that is permanently shattered. I miss it :(