PDA

View Full Version : Losing hairs

Kherome
February 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Ugh I have developed a really bad obsession.

I don't worry too much about shedding, as shedding is a fact of life LOL...but breaking hairs drives me nuts!

No matter how careful or slow I go when combing (fingers or wide tooth comb) I always hear a little noise that I take to be a hair or two breaking. And this afternoon I was finishing oiling my hair, and went to sweep it back into a bun, when my finger caught a hair at my front hair line and plucked it right out of my scalp!

Does anyone else find themselves worrying over these things? I feel like my hair will never be long if this keeps happening, yet how does one comb, and put up hair without a bit of breakage happening? Help?

enfys
February 5th, 2011, 04:32 PM
If you snap one, the other 120, 000 will make up for it.

Breaking and accidentally pulling hairs out is a fact of life. Being mindful of it isn't a bad thing, because you will be less likely to do it, but it's not worth stressing out over too much.

Red_Wednesday
February 5th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one:o. Every time I see a hair that is shorter than the rest falling into the sink or hear that notorious snapping sound, I get completely freaked. I keep thinking the same thing, "how am I ever going to get my hair to grow long if this keep happening"?:rolleyes:

"If you snap one, the other 120, 000 will make up for it."

enfys - I gotta thank you for this - it does help to think this way - really puts things into perspective for me:).

Mesmerise
February 5th, 2011, 06:16 PM
After massive shedding last year, I still freak out a bit if I see a higher amount of shedding than average! (I reckon I must be down to about 70,000 hairs after that... *sigh*). But yes, I agree that breaking is worse... because when you break it you can be fairly sure it will split too! So there you are being super careful, and you know that half way up your hair there's this newly broken, damaged hair... especially frustrating when you think that if you just care for your hair and never treat it badly, you'll eventually get to the point where splits will be a thing of the past!

Speckla
February 5th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I tend to freak out too but I've found comfort in convincing myself that it's the shedded hair that is breaking as I'm combing it out.

Red_Wednesday
February 5th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I tend to freak out too but I've found comfort in convincing myself that it's the shedded hair that is breaking as I'm combing it out.

Hahaha...I'm going to have to try this myself, LOL:D.

skyblue
February 5th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Oh me too! It's almost to the point where I don't want to touch it....I thought it was just me being weird lol!!! What a good thing to do to strengthen hair???

Vani1902
February 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I obsess about it! :/ Everytime I comb, style, put in a hair toy or deal with my hair I worry so much about snapping hairs. It always ends up happening and I feel so bad about it. :/

ALYSSA
February 5th, 2011, 10:30 PM
oh my goshhh yess!!!! i obsess over both but i cant stand breaking hairs i work so hard fo the darn things to just break??? they havit so easy jus sittin on my head all day while i do everything i can to baby them! jeez its just ont fair! haha ne ways yes ur not alone..i do it to

Dragon
February 6th, 2011, 01:25 AM
I worry to but what helps me feel better is reminding my self it’s part of life and to just be careful.