PDA

View Full Version : Who is your LHC hair twin?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

krissykins
February 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM
So I was browsing the archive, like I do on occasion, and I noticed a ton of "hair twin" threads. Now, I haven't seen a lot of talk about hair twins on the newer boards, so it'd be great if we could all find our hair twins!

Basically, a hair twin is someone whose hairtype matches your hairtype. They can be extremely beneficial when you have questions about certain treatments, products, etc.

Check in here if you'd like to find your hair twin!

Yamainu
February 4th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I'd like to know!

I have waist length, F/M, i/ii blonde hair, that is try at the ends and oily at the roots, has crazy fly aways no matter what, and can't go more than a couple of days without washing unless I love the greasy/dark/piece-y look.

PiroskaCicu
February 4th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hmm... I wanna find my hair twin :P

My hair is 1c/2a--F-- ii, naturally light brown and tends to get gold highlights from the sun. It is quite "fluffy" and soft, pretty strong and shiny. Oh and, depending on what I do with it, even the weather, it can be really straight or quite wavy. If I comb when wet, it makes it straighter. However if I just leave it alone it becomes quite wavy! The waves are long, loose "s" waves as the picture below shows

Here is a picture of my waist length virgin hair for reference:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7140&pictureid=94178

So, who's my hair twin ?? :D

P.S. My hair is not waist length now nor is it virgin colour (

laughinglynxie
February 4th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I want one! As can be seen on the side bar: 2a/2b pattern with very fine and slippery ii hair. :) I'm growing out dye, but it didn't effect my texture or anything that much.

julliams
February 4th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I would love to find mine. 2a/2b, medium/coarse, natural strawberry blonde thick iii hair. Here's a photo for reference:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5297/5406590876_489a936a80.jpg

AspenSong
February 4th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I want one! ;) 1a - F - i ......the good ol' finer than fine, slippery hair!! ;)

Dizzy_zzz
February 4th, 2011, 11:36 PM
@ Yamainu My hair's exactly the same, except for length (mine is just past BSL) and mine is wurly.

Debra83
February 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Found my hair twin almost 2 years ago here on the board, except he's longer than me still!!! (I'm trying to catch up!)

Uni&Corn
February 5th, 2011, 12:11 AM
I want a twin too! I have 1a F ii. AspenSong, we're almoost twins :]

UltraBella
February 5th, 2011, 01:06 AM
I want a hair twin ! I really really want one !! I have enough hair for two people, maybe I can just make my own :) Any volunteers ?

rosek
February 5th, 2011, 01:37 AM
I think my hair twin is Igor. We have the exact same haircolour. I was looking at her blog the other day, and my mum asked me if that was a picture of my updo! I said no, and she was very suprised, she said it looked exactly like my hair!

Aurantia
February 5th, 2011, 01:45 AM
The closest I have found is MissManda (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=24117)! :flower:

dropinthebucket
February 5th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Me too! I looked through the posts so far, no match yet!

Mine's 1b/F/i - used to be 1c/2a, but length pulls out its wave, I've discovered. The shorter bits at the front still wave, so they're 1/c/2a, and the bangs flip around like crazy, I'm sure they're solid 2a. The length just lies mostly flat now, though it does flip itself up a bit just at the very ends. Superfine texture, floaty and cobwebby. Bottom half has a different texture due to henna (thicker, slicker, less floaty). I think Anje might have similar hair? But I can't remember her thickness! And I know mine is much shorter.

Barniie
February 5th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I think me and capybara have very similar hair, but mine is 1b/1c, F, ii incase anyone knows someone ;)

Una
February 5th, 2011, 04:11 AM
I would love to know the hair routine of my hair twin :) I am 1b/M/ii And my hair is a medium-auburn brown colour

Konstifik
February 5th, 2011, 04:20 AM
PiroskaCicu, I think you are my closest twin so far! I'm also 1c/2a / F and sort of ii (bordering to i), we got the same current length and goal length as well! :) Although I'm more of a dishwater blonde (now hennaed).

wendy51
February 5th, 2011, 04:56 AM
*o*

i have chin length, F/M, i/ii brunette 4b transitionning to natural~~

Oz
February 5th, 2011, 05:11 AM
2c medium, ii, (about 7cm round the top of ponytial.)

classic fairytail, dirty blondish mousy browny... termanal wispy bits around the front that im very fond of :)

anyonnneee??

Teazel
February 5th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Hm, I think my hair twin would be GeoJ, especially if length is factored in. Otherwise, rhosyn_du has very similar hair to mine... I must look into their hair routines, but right now I need some sleep.

Xandergrammy
February 5th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I want a hair twin ! I really really want one !! I have enough hair for two people, maybe I can just make my own :) Any volunteers ?

Ultrabella, I'm thinking I might be, if not a twin, then a very close sister? :gabigrin: Whaddya think?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/Xandergrammy/The%20Next%20One%20Thousand/And%20Another%20Thousand/Some%20more%20Xandergrammy/DSCN0729.jpg

Capybara
February 5th, 2011, 06:01 AM
I think me and capybara have very similar hair, but mine is 1b/1c, F, ii incase anyone knows someone ;)

I was going to mention you! Beat me to it :p our hair is pretty much the same length, too - I guess we're texture, colour, and length twins!

Rivanariko
February 5th, 2011, 06:37 AM
I'd like to know!

I have waist length, F/M, i/ii blonde hair, that is try at the ends and oily at the roots, has crazy fly aways no matter what, and can't go more than a couple of days without washing unless I love the greasy/dark/piece-y look.
If your hair has very strong pro-cone opinions and is super fragile, then I think I may have found my long-lost twin! I'm a little longer than you are, but I was waist when I started here.

I could stretch shampooing out to about a week and a half and still have almost-decent looking hair if I did a WO rinse every other day, before I moved to a hard water area. Now I stretch washes farther than I'd like to because of the mineral buildup on my hair.

turquoisebud
February 5th, 2011, 06:58 AM
My hair color is very close to Ramona Fosca's. I don't think the type is very similar, but the color is very close. As for type, I think squiggyflop is the closest I can think of right now. My hair is a bit thicker maybe, but the texture, at least on my videos, is very similar. If anyone else thinks, oh she's my twin, let me know. :) My type is 2a M ii. Almost BSL. "Dishwater" blonde. :p I think I would prefer to think of it as, "spun gold", as FullMoonTrim said on a picture in my album. It was so nice of her! Made my day, that's for sure! :love:
ETA: here's a link to a picture -- http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/album.php?albumid=7081&pictureid=93626 :)

ladyjo
February 5th, 2011, 07:17 AM
I want a hair twin! I'm not sure I did all my hair type bits accurately because it's been so long since my hair was in its natural state, but I'm pretty sure they're correct ;)

In the past I've been a thing of wonder at hairdresser's, while washing my hair once the woman gasped when she felt the thickness of my hair, then she shouted over all the other stylists so they could feel for themselves XD

My natural colour is a very dull dark brown with a red undertone when the sun shines on it, there's a school picture in my hair album when it was long and its natural colour if you want to have a neb :)

vanity_acefake
February 5th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Ooh I'd love a hair twin too.
I have 1a, f/m, iii hair. It is naturally dark brown but henna'd. It is currently 2" below bsl. I have normal condition but with winter dry ends.
Any twins?
:)

ingvild
February 5th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I would love to know the hair routine of my hair twin :) I am 1b/M/ii And my hair is a medium-auburn brown colour

Hey, maybe I could be your hair twin ;) Although my natural colour is a sort of golden brown, I currently have a more redish shade to it because of henna :P

I also seem to have quite a similar hairtype as you, ladyjo. My hair's on the thicker side of ii, about 9.5 cm / 3.75" :)

Anyhow, here's a picture of my hair; anyone see themselves in it :p ?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5297/5418677318_d065639e07.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pingvingvild/5418677318/)

rose.grace
February 5th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Squintinschool. :)

TiaKitty
February 5th, 2011, 07:36 AM

UltraBella! With the exception of your thickness (I lost half mine to a massive stress-shed this year) I think we're twins. My photie in my signature is my recent hair, with the shed reflected. If we stood side by side a year ago, we'd have been indistinguishable!

Xandergrammy We're looking quite a bit alike! Maybe even moreso than UB and I, at this point! I think after the shed my curls are somehow more defined, and look more like yours!

ladyjo
February 5th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hey, maybe I could be your hair twin ;) Although my natural colour is a sort of golden brown, I currently have a more redish shade to it because of henna :P

I also seem to have quite a similar hairtype as you, ladyjo. My hair's on the thicker side of ii, about 9.5 cm / 3.75" :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5297/5418677318_d065639e07.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pingvingvild/5418677318/)
Your hair seems to have a bit more of a wave to it than mine but pretty close! You're officially on my list of possible twins :D

Honestwitness
February 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM
You can find lots of hair twins by going to the members section and doing an advanced search. You can put in the search parameters you want and see a whole list of members with your same hair type.

CarpeDM
February 5th, 2011, 08:31 AM
OOOOOO I want a hair twin!!

Speckla
February 5th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I don't think I have one.

Lianna
February 5th, 2011, 08:45 AM
You can find lots of hair twins by going to the members section and doing an advanced search. You can put in the search parameters you want and see a whole list of members with your same hair type.

Thanks! I did the search and there was a few, five, I think. My hair is still short so no twins for length, but marajade (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=13511) has the same type 2c/3a, F/M, iii and similar color. If my hair grows to be like hers, I'd be more than pleased! I'm going to henna again, but the color won't be that different.

My hair looks a lot like jaine's (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=26471) though. It's not the same exact hairtype but looks so much alike, specially where the waves are and the volume! It's the same length too.

Viechen
February 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM

Can we be hair triplets? I think my natural color/texture is very close to yours and Una's. This is exciting :) My hair has the same amount of wave unless I brush it vigorously of have it in a bun all day. I colored it recently so it is a burgundy color now... But the texture is still very similar :D :cheese:

PiroskaCicu
February 5th, 2011, 09:02 AM
PiroskaCicu, I think you are my closest twin so far! I'm also 1c/2a / F and sort of ii (bordering to i), we got the same current length and goal length as well! :) Although I'm more of a dishwater blonde (now hennaed).

Cool! Yes, your hair texture is very similar to mine, especially the little waves at the end! My hair usually turns more blonde in the summer but right now it's dyed with henna as well so can't really see that :p

krissykins
February 5th, 2011, 09:54 AM

What a great tip! Thanks!

ETA: Sigh. I searched for my hair twin on the members list. I could find plenty of 2c/3a's with Medium textured hair, but no one who was ii/iii!

If you exist, hair twin, come find me :)

Melisande
February 5th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Maria Asa and I are at least hair cousins.

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/MataPics_2009/th_201005afterhaircut.jpg (http://s983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/MataPics_2009/?action=view&current=201005afterhaircut.jpg)

Have to take new pictures! I'm a 1b, originally dark blonde/brownish with reddish golden higlights, now graying and dying with a herb mixture (henna and other goodies), c. 9 cm circumference.

princessp
February 5th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I'd love to find a hair twin! Here is my newest pic:
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad240/princesspandora1/12JAN-17-11.jpg

walterSCAN
February 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM

Except for length, we may very well be hair twins! :)

(If you search, there's 3 pages of other LHCers with our hair type too!)

However, I consider true hair twins to need more points of similarity than just type -- hair history, hair likes and dislikes, level of resistance, etc...-- because I've seen a lot of other 1a/F/ii's use and love haircare routines that mine hates! If I were less lazy, the search would be on! :eye:

krissykins
February 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM

princessp, we're almost hair twins! I wish I had a good pic of my curls, because they look a lot like that. You definitely have more hair than me, though.

jujube
February 5th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I want one, but I don't think I have one :(

chopandchange
February 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Pixna's hair looks like mine! I'm not sure if we are officially the same "type" or whatever, but it's really similar.

*waves to Pixna*

How's it growing?

UltraBella
February 5th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Ultrabella, I'm thinking I might be, if not a twin, then a very close sister? :gabigrin: Whaddya think?

UltraBella! With the exception of your thickness (I lost half mine to a massive stress-shed this year) I think we're twins. My photie in my signature is my recent hair, with the shed reflected. If we stood side by side a year ago, we'd have been indistinguishable!

Xandergrammy We're looking quite a bit alike! Maybe even moreso than UB and I, at this point! I think after the shed my curls are somehow more defined, and look more like yours!

I think you two are very similar ! Maybe you two can be twins and I can be your half-sister or something :D

SummerSkye
February 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I think there are a few people close but I'm a type 1b/1c f/m and ii Ive also got highlights which I'm growing out (Im sure they make my hair look thinner too)

princessp
February 5th, 2011, 11:16 AM
princessp, we're almost hair twins! I wish I had a good pic of my curls, because they look a lot like that. You definitely have more hair than me, though.

I just went to your profile and going by your pic there I'd say you just may be my twin! Leo and Lilly are very cute, but I want to see more hair! Send me a message if you post more pics at some point. Are you a hennahead?

Sanyia
February 5th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Oh I like this! Where's my twin? :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6723&pictureid=95168

krissykins
February 5th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I want one, but I don't think I have one :(

I'm sure there is someone on the boards who is your hair twin :)

aldasbeke
February 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I want a hair twin!
My hair is definitely i/ii. I have it described as 1b/1c but I'm really not too sure about that typing and I have mostly F/M hairs. I have one pic in my profile and I'm hoping to get more pics soon. The pic I have is after brushing it (24 hours after washing). Usually, I have to wash everyday, but if I don't touch it, it can last a bit longer. It has a tendency to get flyaway and stringy. But sometimes it can look sort of fluffy. Light brown, upper back length right now

aldasbeke
February 5th, 2011, 11:26 AM
SummerSkye seems to have similar hair to me, after looking at her pix!

SummerSkye
February 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
SummerSkye seems to have similar hair to me, after looking at her pix!
Yes I agree! Hello hello!:)

patienceneeded
February 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM
How fun. I know I'm not the only 2b/2c, M, iii actively posting in this forum. My hair is currently almost to APL. I am a coney girl, Pantene is my best friend right now. I would definately be interested in finding my hair twin, even if the length isn't a perfect match.

furnival
February 5th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Ooh I wonder if anyone's hair is like mine? It's bizarre, straight at the front, wavy on the top layer at the back and the under-layer is really curly... Schizo hair.

Xandergrammy
February 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
How fun. I know I'm not the only 2b/2c, M, iii actively posting in this forum. My hair is currently almost to APL. I am a coney girl, Pantene is my best friend right now. I would definately be interested in finding my hair twin, even if the length isn't a perfect match.

I think our hair is very similar, although yours seems to be much better behaved than mine was at your length! :gabigrin:

And at the moment, I'm a coney girl too. I'm loving Dove right now and I'm also doing the movie star shampoo.

patienceneeded
February 5th, 2011, 12:42 PM
I think our hair is very similar, although yours seems to be much better behaved than mine was at your length! :gabigrin:

It does look very similar. My hair must be forced into submission when short, which is why I've decided long hair is better for me. The sheer weight of hair forced better behavior. And, when it decides to go crazy...I can put it up! Let's be hair twins.

jaine
February 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM

I WISH I was your hair twin ... that's such a beautiful curl pattern & oval shape! :D

I want a hair twin!
Mine is 2c / F / ii, shoulder length, layered, non-porous, and loves oil.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6736&pictureid=92150

Masara
February 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I searched on the member list and there are three pages of 2a/f/ii people!!I've got a whole hair type family!

summerjade
February 5th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I would love a twin!! I am 1c M ii . My hair can have a little wave when wet, it usually straightens out when dry, or maybe have a little wave if air dryed. It is fine, but kinda full, with a medium thickness. Length is about 1 inch from BSL, a little below APL.

princessp
February 5th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I WISH I was your hair twin ... that's such a beautiful curl pattern & oval shape! :D

I want a hair twin!
Mine is 2c / F / ii, shoulder length, layered, non-porous, and loves oil.

Thanks that was a very sweet thing to say!

I searched on the member list and there are three pages of 2a/f/ii people!!I've got a whole hair type family!

Oh cool I didn't know we could do this!

PiroskaCicu
February 5th, 2011, 01:15 PM

You're definitely my hair twin , hair type wise! :D

DreadfulWoman
February 5th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hmm... I wanna find my hair twin :P

My hair is 1c/2a--F-- ii, naturally light brown and tends to get gold highlights from the sun. It is quite "fluffy" and soft, pretty strong and shiny. Oh and, depending on what I do with it, even the weather, it can be really straight or quite wavy. If I comb when wet, it makes it straighter. However if I just leave it alone it becomes quite wavy! The waves are long, loose "s" waves as the picture below shows

Here is a picture of my waist length virgin hair for reference:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7140&pictureid=94178

So, who's my hair twin ?? :D

P.S. My hair is not waist length now nor is it virgin colour (

PiroskaCicu, I have thought before that you and I could be hair twins. My hair is about 1C I think, and F/M. It's also very fluffy, and pretty fragile, too. My hair at the root is a dark dark ash color though, that quickly gets sunbleached to a golden blonde.

I love finding hair twins on LHC because it's fun to see what my hair's potential might be. I haven't had long undreaded hair since high school (over 10 years ago), and it was pretty damaged then. At the time I had zero respect for my waves. I just knew that it wasn't straight, and it wasn't curly, so I had to 'fix' it every day. LHC is great for seeing how beautiful long waves can be. :D

Not that having me for a hair twin does you any good, unless you want to see how your hair looks dreaded. :p

Kherome
February 5th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I think Teela1978 and I are very close to hair twins!

Kherome
February 5th, 2011, 03:07 PM

Sounds like me

p3_Arme
February 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM
This is fun, I'm enjoying seeing so many people join in.

Mine is 1a, f, i

So anyone similar to me, who is stick straight, fine as cotton candy, and thin enough, never able to hide behind it....ever :D

jasper
February 5th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Anybody got 1c/2a F ii and dark blonde? I know you're out there, my twin.

Rocket22
February 5th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Anybody got 1c/2a F ii and dark blonde? I know you're out there, my twin.

I think we are at least cousins :) I'm a 2b f ii

bondgirl
February 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM

I think I could be your hair twin! :D
Even though my hair is a lot shorter (so the curls start closer to my scalp) and there's some bleach (and henna and indigo) in it.

In my avatar it looks a bit different but usually it looks a lot like yours!

MissManda
February 5th, 2011, 04:24 PM
The closest I have found is MissManda (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=24117)! :flower:

Yes, I think we're quite close, although mine is a bit straighter (I might have been wavier than I am now pre-henna, though). :grin: I also think Hiriel and Capybara are pretty close, too.

jasper
February 5th, 2011, 05:00 PM

Hiya, Cuz! I took a look at your albums and I do think you're right.

littlenvy
February 5th, 2011, 05:08 PM
This is fun, I'm enjoying seeing so many people join in.

Mine is 1a, f, i

So anyone similar to me, who is stick straight, fine as cotton candy, and thin enough, never able to hide behind it....ever :D
AspenSong, and I have the same type too.

But mine is kind of ash blonde.

Kaijah
February 5th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I don't know if I've found anyone identical, but hanging around the forums I've slowly-but-surely bumped into a few who either have similar looking 2c/3a or similar acting malleable/shapeable hair.

ETA: Sigh. I searched for my hair twin on the members list. I could find plenty of 2c/3a's with Medium textured hair, but no one who was ii/iii!

If you exist, hair twin, come find me :)

Hi. ;) I haven't checked pictures yet, but our classifiers are the same!

krissykins
February 5th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I don't know if I've found anyone identical, but hanging around the forums I've slowly-but-surely bumped into a few who either have similar looking 2c/3a or similar acting malleable/shapeable hair.

Hi. ;) I haven't checked pictures yet, but our classifiers are the same!

Oh hey! I don't have a proper picture of my curls yet. I've been a naughty girl and my hair has been towel dried, which makes the curls angry. My profile picture is rather wavy, not my usual curliness :( I'll take a look at your pictures and see what similarities there are haha!

KellyC
February 5th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I want a hair twin
I have 2a/m/iii (about4.25 inches around ponytail) golden blond hair
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qN_dyyJ2Gbs/TPGLXxHLPtI/AAAAAAAAABE/8abEwaq83ws/s320/DSCF1212.JPG

Alix
February 5th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Ohh, I want one!
2a/f/iii light brown not shiny hair.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/LoveFromPumpkin/user31107_pic93959_1295462979.jpg

Capybara
February 5th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Yes, I think we're quite close, although mine is a bit straighter (I might have been wavier than I am now pre-henna, though). :grin: I also think Hiriel and Capybara are pretty close, too.

I agree! I love your colour, by the way. It goes perfectly with your skintone!

in_technicolor
February 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Una I think we might be hair twins...not in length, but maybe in hair type?

OperaTeacherMom
February 5th, 2011, 10:33 PM
SlightlySoprano and I are pretty close to hair twins, and the funniest part is that we're both singers!

Sanyia
February 5th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I think I could be your hair twin! :D
Even though my hair is a lot shorter (so the curls start closer to my scalp) and there's some bleach (and henna and indigo) in it.

In my avatar it looks a bit different but usually it looks a lot like yours!

Absolutely! My hair looked like yours when it was shorter :)

Tia2010
February 5th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I don't know if I have one but I want one :)

I'm 1c/2a f/m ( more f than m) ii ....as for color it has a lot of red ( you can see in my album) but I color it dark brown.

Are you here hair twin ? :D

Quixii
February 6th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I wonder if I have a hair twin? o.o

PraiseCheeses
February 6th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Hi OperaTeacherMom! We have very similar hair too, aside from color. I've seen you around the oil shampoo thread. :)

SandyStar
February 6th, 2011, 12:18 AM
I want to find my hair twin too! I just took this picture for hair typing. Usually my hair isn't this frizzy.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu236/Denebie/hairtyping.jpg

OperaTeacherMom
February 6th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Hi OperaTeacherMom! We have very similar hair too, aside from color. I've seen you around the oil shampoo thread. :)

You're right, we are definitely almost hair twins!

MissManda
February 6th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I agree! I love your colour, by the way. It goes perfectly with your skintone!

Aww, thank you! :gabigrin: :flower:

Xandergrammy
February 6th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I think you two are very similar ! Maybe you two can be twins and I can be your half-sister or something :D

We could be triplets!!! :joy:

Xandergrammy
February 6th, 2011, 09:22 AM
It does look very similar. My hair must be forced into submission when short, which is why I've decided long hair is better for me. The sheer weight of hair forced better behavior. And, when it decides to go crazy...I can put it up! Let's be hair twins.

Yep, your hair sounds exactly like mine! Nice to meet you, twin! There are a couple of other ones with hair like ours. Maybe we could be quadruplets?!?

girlcat36
February 6th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I don't think I have one.

I would love to be your hair twin!
Actually your hair is a lot like Darkwaves.

Pretty sure I don't have a hair twin. There are not too many babyfine, i/ii, 3a/b here. :(
I searched the members database, and didn't come up with much.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/girlcat36/LHC%20pictures/050.jpg

xoxophelia
February 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
My hair is a little different than the norm perhaps because I am mostly caucasian and then part indian and native american.

Qualifications to be my absolute hair twin :o:
-M/C hair (MOST of it doesn't split very easily and it is stubborn, doesn't hang easily, more wirey a bit, has lots of natural body)
-1c/2a ish but sometimes becomes more wavey in very hot and humid weather.. like large body waves
-a hair circumference between 4.5"-5"
-must have devil horns at the temples of head that stick up when hair is pulled back lol
-My hair started out platinum blonde and darkened to a light brown now that becomes golden in the sun in highlights mostly around the face.

(note: hair in avatar is mostly faded semipermanent hair color and bun waves)

If you want to see a whoooole lot of examples of my hair (often styled in various hair friendly ways) you can visit my youtube channel in my signature. :)

Fufu
February 6th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I will love to have a hair twin too >_<

I'm 1b or in between 1 b/c fine hair / ii

Lol~ Sounds like hair-matching

AspenSong
February 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
AspenSong, and I have the same type too.

But mine is kind of ash blonde.

See! If my hair hadn't gone and darkened up over time, we'd be perfect twins!! :) My hair was usually naturally more your color growing up. Then it's like my Dad's genes kicked in and BAM! Darker hair!

SummerSkye
February 6th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I will love to have a hair twin too >_<

I'm 1b or in between 1 b/c fine hair / ii

Lol~ Sounds like hair-matching

Hello Fufu, think you are pretty close to me and aldasbeke

bluesnowflake
February 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I'd like to find one! My hair is a little past waist, 1b/m/iii. It's pretty thick and dark goldish blonde. Takes forever to dry, and needs quite a lot of moisture. I use cones because a no-cones experiment didn't go well. Completely virgin- luckily I found this place early, so I didn't have much damage.

littlenvy
February 6th, 2011, 11:59 AM
See! If my hair hadn't gone and darkened up over time, we'd be perfect twins!! :) My hair was usually naturally more your color growing up. Then it's like my Dad's genes kicked in and BAM! Darker hair!
Funny because everyone on my dad's side had very light blond hair until 13 and then (same as you) BAM it got darker.
For some reason that didn't happen to me.

Zéphine
February 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM
My hair is type 1b/F/ii (closer to 1a than 1c, and in the middle of the ii range). I think about half the people posting on this thread have almost the same hair type as me. Forget twins, we could practically form a clone army of type 1 Fs and Ms. Based on pictures, it's very close to walterSCAN's hair, and also to CarpeDM's, except for the length.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3876&pictureid=86907

Angeletti
February 6th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I think Error would have to be my hair twin from all the people I have came across on this site so far, I would love to find others that have similar hair though... I'm a 1a/F/ii, black hair, classic length and somewhat fairytale ends at the moment.

walterSCAN
February 6th, 2011, 01:09 PM
My hair is type 1b/F/ii (closer to 1a than 1c, and in the middle of the ii range). I think about half the people posting on this thread have almost the same hair type as me. Forget twins, we could practically form a clone army of type 1 Fs and Ms. Based on pictures, it's very close to walterSCAN's hair, and also to CarpeDM's, except for the length.

*snip photo*

...WOW, the back of your head does look almost exactly like mine... except for the length. I think yours is a lot longer than mine, especially after my last trim (post-avatar pic).

irishlady
February 6th, 2011, 01:38 PM
This is a great idea!

I have hair that consists of both thick and ultra fine/spiderwebby strands.

It frizzes sometimes, doesn't split, gets stringy sometimes.

ii in overall thickness

Somewhere on the straighter side of 2a...

So....sound like anyone else's hair here? :)

AerithMoon
February 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
julliams, I think you might be my hair twin when it's its natural colour and longer. When it's short is more spirally and all over the place curls/waves, but the colour, thickness, and texture when it's long reminds me so much of mine.

I can be your hair twin in about ten months :o

tinti
February 6th, 2011, 02:12 PM
That would've been cool! I'm 1c/2a/m/ii/iii, I think, canopy is straighter than underlayers, and I am copper blinde/reddish brown or something like that :p My hair color is closer in my avatar than in my siggy.

Cirafly24
February 6th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I am 1c/2a F/M ii
Tia2010, we have the exact same hairtype! :)
Kherome, yours seems very similar to mine in color and texture. We're also practically neighbors :cool:
irishlady, SummerSkye, and jasper, we are also almost twins!

TiaKitty
February 6th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Wow, patienceneeded! Your hair looks very much like mine did at that length! I think you and I and xandergrammy may be hair triplets!!!:cheese:

My fave cones are the CitriShine line... I think they are being phased out, though... pout. I bought all of the bottles of the condish I could find at BigLots!

KellyGormley
February 6th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Oh I wonder if I have a hair twin, My hair is APL about 20" . I'm pretty sure it's 2b/2c/M/ii/iii. Yeah my hair is very undecided. Its currently really dark brown (almost black) with strangely blonde highlights because I bleached it and the color came out funny when I tried to get rid of the blonde, however it will soon go back to just being dark brown. ( although I will never stop being undecided as to what hair color I want).

mkmulwee
February 6th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I'd love to find my hair twin! I have apl chemically fried 1C/f/ii hair.

dropinthebucket
February 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Ah, pics! Pics are great. Mine's a bit wavier than Fufu's and SummerSkye's, but not as wavy as IrishLady's. Guess that makes me a true 1c/2a after all, not a 1b like I thought. Also, mine's definitely thinner. So, hair twin? Anyone?

kanzer
February 6th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I'd love to find my hair twin!
I'm 2b/2c (wavy at the back, ringlets at the front), F, ii. My hair's pretty frizzy and gets greasy very quickly. It's dark blonde, kind of a honey-ish colour on a good day (I hope!) and it looks reddish in photos.
Anyone?? :)

Tia2010
February 6th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I am 1c/2a F/M ii
!

yay ! I have a hairtype twin !! :cheese:

Yozhik
February 6th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Oh I wonder if I have a hair twin, My hair is APL about 20" . I'm pretty sure it's 2b/2c/M/ii/iii. Yeah my hair is very undecided. Its currently really dark brown (almost black) with strangely blonde highlights because I bleached it and the color came out funny when I tried to get rid of the blonde, however it will soon go back to just being dark brown. ( although I will never stop being undecided as to what hair color I want).

Hiya! :waving:

Do you think we might be twins? My hair is 2b/2c, more 2bish now that it's getting longer, M, and somewhere on the thicker side of ii. :)

I have dark brown hair that people frequently mistake for black, but my highlights are reddish.

ETA - in your profile your hair definitely looks curlier and thicker than mine -- maybe second cousins? Tell me what you think.

laughinglynxie
February 6th, 2011, 07:27 PM

Hey, we're pretty darn close! Mine isn't very long yet... but I think we'd even be close in color, too, once all of my yucky dye is grown out. My natural is kind of an ashy dark blonde...I think? It's been so long since I've seen it grown out. :D

janeytilllie
February 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Yozhik we are hairtype twins :D Hello :waving:

My hair is 2b/2c/M/ii. My hair is medium-brown. My waves have also too started to become looser so I'm heading towards more 2bish type hair :)

roxylake
February 7th, 2011, 09:55 AM
janeytilllie...your hair type sounds similar? Not sure. I took this pic last week, but trimmed it since then...trying to get some of the damage.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/roxylake/sideFeb2nd2011.jpg

p3_Arme
February 7th, 2011, 01:05 PM
ALthough I must admit, um mine is about TB length (Give or take an inch or two)
and its...um....um.....purple (Naturally dark brown)

Well I'm happy to welcome littlenvy and Aspensong into my family :)

Yozhik
February 7th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Yozhik we are hairtype twins :D Hello :waving:

My hair is 2b/2c/M/ii. My hair is medium-brown. My waves have also too started to become looser so I'm heading towards more 2bish type hair :)

Hey twin! :cheese:

We're even the same age. :)

Roxylake, your hair looks like it might be a bit curlier than mine. Have you hairtyped yet?
Maybe we're hair-cousins?

roxylake
February 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Hey twin! :cheese:

We're even the same age. :)

Roxylake, your hair looks like it might be a bit curlier than mine. Have you hairtyped yet?
Maybe we're hair-cousins?

Well I would put my hair type at the 2b/2c with medium hair and ii (low end) for thickness. But, I am sure there is a range even in general categories. What is interesting is to see how unique hair can be to individuals. :)

KellyGormley
February 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Hiya!

Do you think we might be twins? My hair is 2b/2c, more 2bish now that it's getting longer, M, and somewhere on the thicker side of ii.

I have dark brown hair that people frequently mistake for black, but my highlights are reddish.

ETA - in your profile your hair definitely looks curlier and thicker than mine -- maybe second cousins? Tell me what you think.

Sorry my Picture on here is so old. My hair has since then been fried and cut off and is not as thick due to mass amounts of shedding, and my curls are getting looser ( my hair only gets that curly at that exact length anything longer or shorter its less curly). So maybe we are twins or at least cousins awesome!
Because my hair hates everything so far :(

pepperedmoth
February 7th, 2011, 10:42 PM
I am 1c/2a F/M ii
Kherome, yours seems very similar to mine in color and texture. We're also practically neighbors :cool:
irishlady, SummerSkye, and jasper, we are also almost twins!

Cirafly, I think we're darn close to hairtwins. From your hairtyping thread, whatever weird 2a/2c combo you have, I also have, and I'm also a F/M ii. You have a pretty red color I don't, though- I'm a classic chestnut brown. Also I have icky layers I'm growing out . . .

leslissocool
February 7th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I want a hair twin!!! I haven't found one yet!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6166&pictureid=89457

My hair is close to black naturally (like the roots) and I have some lightened damage left, I don't know if that is relevant though.

Avital88
February 8th, 2011, 01:41 AM
So I was browsing the archive, like I do on occasion, and I noticed a ton of "hair twin" threads. Now, I haven't seen a lot of talk about hair twins on the newer boards, so it'd be great if we could all find our hair twins!

Basically, a hair twin is someone whose hairtype matches your hairtype. They can be extremely beneficial when you have questions about certain treatments, products, etc.

Check in here if you'd like to find your hair twin!

I'm checking in!! And i think we are almost hairtwins!

Cirafly24
February 8th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Cirafly, I think we're darn close to hairtwins. From your hairtyping thread, whatever weird 2a/2c combo you have, I also have, and I'm also a F/M ii. You have a pretty red color I don't, though- I'm a classic chestnut brown. Also I have icky layers I'm growing out . . .

I'm growing out layers too...although mine have mostly blended in, so I can't really find them anymore! However, I know they're there, because in 2009 I had layers as short as shoulder length. Anyway, it looks like those that I thought were my hair twins, may not be now that I've been re-typed. I agree that our hair is very similar, pepperedmoth. I'd love to hear your routine. :)

Edit: I was just looking through the members list, and I'm pretty sure RadiantNeedle is my (our) hair twin (triplet)!

janeytilllie
February 8th, 2011, 03:55 AM
janeytilllie...your hair type sounds similar? Not sure. I took this pic last week, but trimmed it since then...trying to get some of the damage.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/roxylake/sideFeb2nd2011.jpg

Your hair is abit more curlier than mine so I think we're hair cousins :cheese:
Your curls are beautiful :)

bluesnowflake
February 8th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I think I may have found mine! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=28522 Rosek and I have the same hair type and close color, though hers is longer than mine.

CarpeDM
February 8th, 2011, 05:00 PM
...WOW, the back of your head does look almost exactly like mine... except for the length. I think yours is a lot longer than mine, especially after my last trim (post-avatar pic).

You and Zephine definitely look like hair twins, I'm still looking for mine...where are you twiny?

Messyhair
February 8th, 2011, 05:23 PM
lady jo, Una, in technicolor, SandyStar... I think we're one big hair family. :P

eternallyverdan
February 8th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I want a hair twin!

So far I've seen a couple hair cousins, but not anyone with my exact type. Here's a picture of my hair in its natural state for reference (my siggy pic is my hair in rag curls, so it's not really accurate).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/forevagreenearth/outdoorlength.jpg

krissykins
February 8th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I'm checking in!! And i think we are almost hairtwins!

We're very close for sure... this leads me to believe that I might be M/C rather than just M. :hmm: You're the second person to say that with that strand thickness to compare her hair to mine! This is a revelation of sorts.

I checked your pictures and I can't decide if you remind me more of Megan Fox or Demi Moore. Haha :p

ladyjo
February 8th, 2011, 06:08 PM
lady jo, Una, in technicolor, SandyStar... I think we're one big hair family. :P
Your hair looks a tad lighter than my (natural colour) but the way it sits is EXACTLY how mine sits O_O Mine is a bit wild when short but sits beautifully when long, you're the closest twin I've seen so far!

jackiesjottings
February 9th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I would love to find a hair twin. Mine is fine, thin, classic, strawberry blonde going silver.. is there another one like me out there! if you are out there... friend me!!

My hair twin used to be a friend on LJ, when I first got to know her, hers was long and mine was shoulder length, but her hair was so like mine was when it was long before the Big Cut. we have lost touch a bit now but we were sort of hair twins even though we have different texture hair.

vamq
February 9th, 2011, 08:53 AM
eternallyverdan, I think your hair looks a bit like mine.

My hair is red though

jessie58
February 9th, 2011, 09:36 AM

Except for the written thickness factor, your hair is much like mine. In the photo, it looks to be the same thickness though. I have that same growth pattern where my curls start lower and my crown in straighter. Your curl pattern is almost the same as well.

Bonkers57
February 9th, 2011, 09:50 AM
That's me! Hi, twin!

I want one! ;) 1a - F - i ......the good ol' finer than fine, slippery hair!! ;)

Bonkers57
February 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Triplets! :D (Mine is actually 1a F ii)

Loreley
February 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I think my hair twin is Angela_Rose. :) There are 23 members who have the same hairtype as me but if length matters my hair is closest to hers. Mine is a bit shorter.

Nera
February 9th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Sanyia and Jessie58, maybe I can be a cousin/triplet?

cataphract
February 9th, 2011, 03:26 PM
oooh! I wonder if I have one! I looked through the posts and didn't see one, though :(

I have pretty low porosity hair, so it's shiny no matter what I do to it, but it's also really fine and really thick (just had a shed though, so slightly less thick lol). I'm growing out my natural color which is on the lighter end of medium ash blond, though if I found a type twin I'd be just as happy :)

My albums have some pictures of the various things my hair does. It's never quite sure what it wants to do.... flat S's, fat curls, swirly S's, frizz bomb....

Othala
February 9th, 2011, 03:54 PM
My hair twin is Vlad Țepeș.

My hair is the same as his in the famous portrait of him, particularly when it is wet and naturally configures itself into ringlets.

jessie58
February 9th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Sanyia and Jessie58, maybe I can be a cousin/triplet?

Awesome! Your hair is beautiful. :D

Othala, your hair is also heavenly. :cheese:

GRU
February 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM
What, I can't use Medusa as my hair twin???? :lol:

RavennaNight
February 9th, 2011, 04:59 PM
For a while I thought Darkmartian was my hair twin but he's much wavier than I. Recently, I was browsing around and thought maybe lora410 :waving: is actually much closer a hair twin!

freecelt
February 9th, 2011, 05:00 PM
There are 23 members who have the same hairtype as me ... Is there a way to search for that?

Lilacs
February 9th, 2011, 06:01 PM
It looks like I match janeytilllie, yozhik, and roxylake :) At mid-bum length my hair looks more like 2b...

Aleria
February 9th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Anyone else here with coarse, somewhat wavey hair that they've seriously abused (I kid, mine's in pretty good shape despite the bleaching? My hair was more like 2a when it was around BSL but now that it's short it is sometimes quite straight, which was shocking.
ETA: There are pictures of my hair in its long, natural state and its short, bright goodness in my albums~

Loreley
February 10th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Is there a way to search for that?

Yes, at Members List. Just choose "advanced search" and then you can add the hairtype what you're looking for. :)

xoxophelia
February 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Ah I just searched through. The closest I could find to me thus far is Julianassiance. Our how gets silky and shiny but in another one of the pictures I could see she also gets this particular M/Cish sort of.. "frazzle" my hair sometimes gets. However, I can't tell if maybe her hair is more wavy.

princessp
February 10th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I want a hair twin!

So far I've seen a couple hair cousins, but not anyone with my exact type. Here's a picture of my hair in its natural state for reference (my siggy pic is my hair in rag curls, so it's not really accurate).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/forevagreenearth/outdoorlength.jpg

:thudpile:

error
February 10th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I think Error would have to be my hair twin from all the people I have came across on this site so far, I would love to find others that have similar hair though... I'm a 1a/F/ii, black hair, classic length and somewhat fairytale ends at the moment.
Yep, me and Angeletti (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=27744) are totally hair bro's , and style bro's :-> hahah she actually keeps me going! I keep feeling like my hair is too bleh or im unhappy with the ends and about to cut em , or I feel like its too short and im like wow Angeletti (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=27744)'s hair is AWESOME! I can do this! LOL so thanks for keeping me going too and staying away from the shears woman!

Anje
February 10th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Eternallyverdan, yours looks a lot like mine, but thicker. Your color's about the same as mine naturally is, too.

I've got 1c/2a / F / ii hair, 2.5" circumference. It frizzes up a lot with sulfates, loves Suave Naturals conditioners, and hates protein. Splits fairly easily, clumps quickly, tangles fairly easily but not epically.

jasper
February 10th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I keep checking for my twin since I found a cousin. But then, looking at my album full of mostly hair typing length shots showing my unbrushed, scraggly looking, asymmetrical mop. . . I am not surprised twins haven't been lining up to claim me! :cheese:

Rocket22
February 10th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I keep checking for my twin since I found a cousin. But then, looking at my album full of mostly hair typing length shots showing my unbrushed, scraggly looking, asymmetrical mop. . . I am not surprised twins haven't been lining up to claim me! :cheese:

Oh Jasper that is too funny... you are my cousin and I had to hunt you down. I've not been claimed yet either

SummerSkye
February 10th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Jasper :My hair would be really similar to yours without the bleach and if it was way longer lol! It looked just like your before I started messing with colour and it falling out! The bleach and the blow dry's makes it look straighter. I'd be more than happy to be your hair twin or cousin, I think you've got lovely hair and I'm hoping to get mine back like that one day

jasper
February 10th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Aw, thanks Cuz, and thanks SummerSkye. You are both lovely.

Anje
February 10th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Well, yours looks quite a bit like mine, Jasper, aside from the color. You might be a bit wavier, I'd say a full 2a. It even has different wave patterns on each side of the head like mine. Does it act like mine does, or does it like different things?

Katze and UP Lisa are already hair-sisters of mine, so if you want, you can join our little frizzy 1c/2a/F family.

freecelt
February 10th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Yes, at Members List. Just choose "advanced search" and then you can add the hairtype what you're looking for. :) Ah, thank you *goes off to search* :)

freecelt
February 10th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Yay! I have two twins: Greenhousegirl and kira33.

Malibu Barbie
February 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I still haven't found one yet, is the color supposed to be the same? I found one with the same type but different color.

vanillabones
February 10th, 2011, 07:02 PM
littlenvy your hair looks exactly like my type/strands when mine actually was grown out many years ago besides color (and mine is damaged atm) but definitely a hair type twin for sure =)

krissykins
February 10th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I still haven't found one yet, is the color supposed to be the same? I found one with the same type but different color.

I don't think color matters too much, especially since a lot of people color their hair with chemicals or henna :p

jasper
February 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Well, yours looks quite a bit like mine, Jasper, aside from the color. You might be a bit wavier, I'd say a full 2a. It even has different wave patterns on each side of the head like mine. Does it act like mine does, or does it like different things?

Katze and UP Lisa are already hair-sisters of mine, so if you want, you can join our little frizzy 1c/2a/F family.

I haven't done the experiments to really see how it feels about sulfates, cones or protein or lack thereof. The first time I tried suave naturals shampoo and conditioner (the coconut ones) my hair was so thrilled it acted like someone elses' hair. :D I took a picture that day and it came out kind of blurry, so the whole thing seems like a dream. I still use those suave products most of the time, though that dramatic improvement was a one time thing.

I never get frizz, though, or not what I would call frizz. Anything I do to my hair, from combing it, to actually trying to curl it or sometimes just looking at it usually results in the waves disappearing and going flat instead of frizzy.

akhkharu
February 10th, 2011, 07:36 PM
A few members appeared in the search to have my hair type. Only a few have similar length, and of those I can't see any pictures to help me determine how similar it is. :(

My hair is classic length, straightish (I'm getting ready to take a picture for typing right now), of medium texture, ii/iii, and dark brown. It usually behaves pretty well with shampoo and conditioner, and maybe a little coconut oil. If you're my hair twin, please identify yourself!

turquoisebud
February 11th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I want a hair twin
I have 2a/m/iii (about4.25 inches around ponytail) golden blond hair
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qN_dyyJ2Gbs/TPGLXxHLPtI/AAAAAAAAABE/8abEwaq83ws/s320/DSCF1212.JPG
KellyC, I think we are pretty similar! I just saw your picture and thought we were close. Especially in color. :)

littlenvy
February 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM
littlenvy your hair looks exactly like my type/strands when mine actually was grown out many years ago besides color (and mine is damaged atm) but definitely a hair type twin for sure =)
YAY!! I have another twin! :cheese:

laughinglynxie
February 11th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I have 22 "matches" according to the members list...but it looks like a lot of them aren't very active on the boards. :( Alas, I won't have an official twin, I guess.

dropinthebucket
February 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM

Ooooh, can I join, too? I just found out my real hair type! :D I might make it up into the ii's and really be family if my hair keeps thickening up. I have a lot of new hair growth since I stopped chem dying about a year ago and started taking supplements! It's gone from 1.75 to just about 2 pony. I'm hoping for a solid 2+ soon. :)

Siava
February 11th, 2011, 01:09 PM
girlcat is my hair twin.

Fizz
February 11th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Did a search, which found 29 possible matches, but a lot of those matches don't have any albums! Anyone out there who could be my hair twin?:o

Rocket22
February 11th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Did a search, which found 29 possible matches, but a lot of those matches don't have any albums! Anyone out there who could be my hair twin?:o

OMG Fizz I'll would love to be your hair twin.. You are one of my hair idols!!! :) My hair would have to grow up a lot to be your twin but we are very distant cousins :)

Fizz
February 11th, 2011, 06:44 PM
OMG Fizz I'll would love to be your hair twin.. You are one of my hair idols!!! :) My hair would have to grow up a lot to be your twin but we are very distant cousins :)

Awww Rocket, that's such a sweet thing to say, thankyou.:D
Your hair is a similar colour to mine (although mine isn't completely natural:o)
Lets be twins and keep growing! I'm aiming for tailbone length, perhaps longer if I can cope with it!

CariadA
February 11th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I don't think I have a hair twin. :(

I did a search for matches, and out of the types that were like mine, no one had my color and length.

jasper
February 11th, 2011, 08:27 PM

Right, let's claim Fizz as a cousin. My hair wants to be like Fizz's!

burns_erin
February 11th, 2011, 08:32 PM
This is so much fun. When I first started on here alot, and used the search function only one member popped up, but when I contacted her she was very kind and gave me a great tip about drying thick long hair that I have been grateful for as time has gone by. Now I think there are about six hair type twins, but none with my exact, or even close, color. But watching on this thread had made me curious. If we were to plot the numbers of people with a particular hair type, would we come up with a roughly bell curve?

SlightlySoprano
February 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM
SlightlySoprano and I are pretty close to hair twins, and the funniest part is that we're both singers!

What she said ^ hahahaha :blossom:

PraiseCheeses
February 11th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Maybe the three of us share "high-pitched musician hair" or something. :p

:blossom::blossom: to both of my musical twins!

Charlotte:)
February 11th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I want to play! I have searched this thread in vain for my hair twin. I'm 1a/1b / F / ii with blonde hair. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Jimothea
February 11th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I'd love to find a hair twin on here...

I'm a 2a/2b, F, i, natural dirty blonde at the roots and horribly fried bleach blonde on the length. The ends are extremely porous due to the damage.

Currently at almost, almost, almost 20 inches, aiming for classic!

burns_erin
February 12th, 2011, 01:25 AM
I want to play! I have searched this thread in vain for my hair twin. I'm 1a/1b / F / ii with blonde hair. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I have the distinct feeling you will be successful, because there are three pages worth searching the members list. Did you find that function yet?

Aurantia
February 12th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Ohh, I want one!
2a/f/iii light brown not shiny hair.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/LoveFromPumpkin/user31107_pic93959_1295462979.jpg

Alix, our color (and hemline) are different but your texture and thickness look almost exactly like mine. Wow. :bigeyes:

Thick Fine Hairs, unite!!! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6681&pictureid=89531

Oh, and I can give you some tricks for shine that worked for me! Look at the difference between the above photo and this more recent one. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6681&pictureid=94867) :flower:

leslissocool
February 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I think my hair twin is Cupcakes! I think her hair is longer though... But that's so far the only person who's hair looks like mine. I guess I am that special :cool:.

Rocket22
February 12th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Right, let's claim Fizz as a cousin. My hair wants to be like Fizz's!

Yes Jasper we will tell our hair to shape up and grow up like it's cousin Fizz and we will have it no other way :)

kanzer
February 12th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Looking back over the last few pages I'm thinking cataphract, janeytillie and roxylake are all close to me :) I can't see people's albums yet so I'm not sure!

cataphract - I think mine might be slightly less wavy/curly than yours, though the 'can't make up its mind' thing rings a bell, and it's definitely less thick, but your natural colour sounds like mine, what do you think?

As for janeytillie and roxylake - I think we're hair cousins, mine looks very similar to roxylake's picture except it's blonde.

How do you guys dry your hair? I find if I mess with it too much it dries up insane, and it really varies how curly/wavy it is! I try not to touch it but it's just not practical in day to day life...

kanzer
February 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Actually, Rocket22, you sound like you might be a cousin too! Does your hair look anything like mine?

Rocket22
February 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Actually, Rocket22, you sound like you might be a cousin too! Does your hair look anything like mine?

Oh goodie another cousin!!!!.. I really can't tell you need some pictures... (hint, hint) but I'm sure we are close you have more wave but everything else checks out!

turquoisebud
February 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I posted before but I just searched my type and sagebabies I now my official twin! :) So sagebabies, we are very similar in color and type. Even length if your album picture was pretty recent.

laughinglynxie
February 12th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Oh goodie another cousin!!!!.. I really can't tell you need some pictures... (hint, hint) but I'm sure we are close you have more wave but everything else checks out!

If I had your length, it would be interesting to see how similar we would be. :)

laughinglynxie
February 12th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I'd love to find a hair twin on here...

I'm a 2a/2b, F, i, natural dirty blonde at the roots and horribly fried bleach blonde on the length. The ends are extremely porous due to the damage.

Currently at almost, almost, almost 20 inches, aiming for classic!

We're so close! I'm also a bleach-head (although I also colored over it, too...eek). And I'm just about 20 inches!

kanzer
February 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM

I wish I could upload more pictures but since I'm a newbie I don't seem to be able to yet! I'll just have to do a bit of spamming to get to 25 posts :cheese:
My hair isn't usually as curly/wavy as it is in my avatar, that was after using the lemon juice rinse. Normally it's a toned down version of that with more frizz, and on the second day after washing it's turned into very shiny, loose waves all over with less frizz. Sound familiar? I can't see your pictures at all, only Blake Lively, who I WISH was my hair twin :p

If I had your length, it would be interesting to see how similar we would be. :)

I wonder if we're related too - definitely not colour-wise, but we seem to be similar apart from that! Do you get frizzy at all?

laughinglynxie
February 12th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I wonder if we're related too - definitely not colour-wise, but we seem to be similar apart from that! Do you get frizzy at all?

I get frizzy (or kind of a poofy length) if I brush. And now that I'm growing out my natural color, I notice I have the little "halo" effect going on with the top of my head. :) Oh, btw, my natural color is a darker ashy blonde.

kanzer
February 12th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I get frizzy (or kind of a poofy length) if I brush. And now that I'm growing out my natural color, I notice I have the little "halo" effect going on with the top of my head. :) Oh, btw, my natural color is a darker ashy blonde.

I guess we're not twins then - for me just breathing makes my hair frizzy. The only thing that helps is straightening it, but I'm trying to stop that. It's HARD! And even then it has a tendency to just pop out and go curly and frizzy the second there's any moisture in the air! Coconut oil changed my life, I'm thinking I'll shave some off my big block and put it in an old Altoid's tin to carry around in my handbag for emergencies...

Also your hair sounds quite similar to my colour, what do you think, does it look the same to you? When I grew mine out after years of dying it red/strawberry blonde the new growth would look grey-ish for ages, that's what kept pushing me to dye it again, vicious circle... How much virgin growth have you got now?

Jimothea
February 12th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Oh, we are so very close, laughinglynxie; cut, length,color! (Well, natural color and not the rest, in my case.) Too bad I only have about one-third the amount of hair it looks like you have...if there were a " -i " option, I would have selected it...;)

Even so I think we're close enough to count as very close hair relatives, right? And we can grow together!

rena
February 12th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Jojo! Only thing is her hair is way longer, is lighter and a little thicker than mine. :D

GRU
February 12th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Coconut oil changed my life, I'm thinking I'll shave some off my big block and put it in an old Altoid's tin to carry around in my handbag for emergencies...

I would caution you to use something with a lid that screws on or snaps airtight instead of an Altoids tin -- one day of warm weather or leaving your purse in the car on a sunny day, and you'll have a purse full of melted coconut oil! :blueeek:

As for frizz in general, do you CO-wash? For me, the drier my hair is, the more frizzy it's apt to be.

laughinglynxie
February 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
I would caution you to use something with a lid that screws on or snaps airtight instead of an Altoids tin -- one day of warm weather or leaving your purse in the car on a sunny day, and you'll have a purse full of melted coconut oil! :blueeek:.

Haha! How very true! I bet you could find a good option right in the dollar section or travel section at Target (or etc.). I used to keep a lip balm in my car at all times...until one day when I took the cap off and it dribbled all over me. :laugh: When you live in Minnesota, sometimes you forget it will actually get warm out again!

Rocket22
February 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM

Hey we have the same stats!!!! oh yippeee another relative! this is fun :) I do think by your photos you are thicker than me. I'm on the very bottom end of ii :) I have pretty fine hair wanna be growing buddies too?

Charlotte:)
February 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I have the distinct feeling you will be successful, because there are three pages worth searching the members list. Did you find that function yet?

Thank you! I tried that, and I have found my hair twin. Drum rooooooooollllll! It's AlliKamikaze!

redcelticcurls
February 12th, 2011, 11:39 PM
What, I can't use Medusa as my hair twin???? :lol:

We can be hair cousins. :)

I use Jodi Picoult as my twin. She's pretty close to my natural color.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2wcmm0w.jpg

UltraBella
February 13th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Okay, I have just gotten rid of my copper red and am now a brown color so I think maybe it will make it easier for me to find my hair twin. Except my giant amount of layering might make it harder. Where are you ??!?!
And I think my Caruso curls should count as my texture, I wear it like this almost daily ;)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0695pcopy.jpg

ETA : UGH !!!!! My picture is HUGE again. So sorry !!!!!!!

julliams
February 13th, 2011, 04:06 AM
julliams, I think you might be my hair twin when it's its natural colour and longer. When it's short is more spirally and all over the place curls/waves, but the colour, thickness, and texture when it's long reminds me so much of mine.

I can be your hair twin in about ten months :o

Yey - I honestly thought I might not have one!!! Mine isn't all that spirally when it's short though - it seems to curl more the longer it gets. But hey - let's just go with it.

SwordWomanRiona
February 13th, 2011, 05:51 AM

I'm a 1a F ii too! :D

I would love to discuss haircare methods with fellow 1a F ii's :). So, some hair-twins around here? I haven't read all pages, but I've seen a couple of 1a F ii people already...
This is my hair after some henna-reddening. My natural colour is auburn, a medium brown with golden-reddish highlights.
http://public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p_BAN87xiDTCDg1VJ5Q_o4tukOmm76yIAA9aqA81w5NWIDh3-oVZguaZeAQ2y0P689vq9Q1YOQJ_7j40ipJ7f6g/100_1760.jpg?psid=1

This is, more or less, my natural hair colour indoors:
http://1i1qpw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pPXQBmpEOFGFSjQhRV1oP9jiggmy7dReiGa1AaTdQnQRXghS NREZXgY31keGvjXGE4xZNrwT021V5uPlt0dnDjVkWzcF5YfAb/100_1320.jpg?psid=1

Fizz
February 13th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Yes Jasper we will tell our hair to shape up and grow up like it's cousin Fizz and we will have it no other way :)

LOL!! Ok, I consider myself an official cousin of Rocket22 and Jasper. :cheese:
Very honoured too.:) Come along girls.. ready steady.. grow!

SwordWomanRiona
February 13th, 2011, 06:14 AM

Looks nearly the same as mine, except that mine's auburn (reddish brown, not red! - unfortunately!) and perhaps a little less thick than yours, although I'm not sure...

Lostsoule77
February 13th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Well I did the advance search and it seems there are 10 others that could be my twin, but they either aren't active or don't have pics. :(
Jojo and I are close, she's a 2b/2c instead of a 2b. Our hair looks the same however and she's already given me some great tips that I'm hoping will work for me. :)

GRU
February 13th, 2011, 08:32 AM
We can be hair cousins. :)

It's a deal, Cuz! :D

lucy.san
February 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I don't just wany a hair twin... I neeeeed one. I am an ex bleacher/straightener/blowdryer and my hair is in serious need of help. I henna'd recently (which has helped a bit) but I could use the expertise of another 2a/2b F i/ii out there. Mine is layered (longest layer being BSL and shortest at chin around the front) though some of the "layering" on the top is actually where I totally fried my hair. :oops:

Anyone???

lucy.san
February 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
*want... not wany. See how desperate I am???

xoxophelia
February 13th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Okay, I have just gotten rid of my copper red and am now a brown color so I think maybe it will make it easier for me to find my hair twin. Except my giant amount of layering might make it harder. Where are you ??!?!
And I think my Caruso curls should count as my texture, I wear it like this almost daily ;)

ETA : UGH !!!!! My picture is HUGE again. So sorry !!!!!!!

I love your new color! We aren't hair twins but definitely hair cousins. Back when I was using a blow dryer/curler (pre flat iron) my hair had a very similar texture to it. My virgin hair for some reason is a bit more limp or something but it is still similar.

My hair circ is just under 5" so also probably a little thinner and less wavy but as another with super-hair-body I will be happy to claim you as a hair cousin :)

prairiewoman068
February 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Can someone please help me? I can't find the place to decide what hair type I have and get it on my profile. I don't have pictures to post, but I would like to fill in this gap in my info!

GRU
February 13th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Can someone please help me? I can't find the place to decide what hair type I have and get it on my profile. I don't have pictures to post, but I would like to fill in this gap in my info!

Click on User CP in the menu bar towards the top of every page.

Then click on Edit Your Details on the left side.

Scroll down to what you want to change and save your changes.

ArienEllariel
February 13th, 2011, 09:01 PM
jasper and I are hair twins, at least as far as the self hair typing method goes as well as color. Her hair is a lot longer than mine though!

(The pics in my album desperately need to be updated cause my hair looks a lot different now. Also, my hair color doesn't show up right in florescent lighting)

kanzer
February 14th, 2011, 04:48 AM
I would caution you to use something with a lid that screws on or snaps airtight instead of an Altoids tin -- one day of warm weather or leaving your purse in the car on a sunny day, and you'll have a purse full of melted coconut oil! :blueeek:

Haha! How very true! I bet you could find a good option right in the dollar section or travel section at Target (or etc.). I used to keep a lip balm in my car at all times...until one day when I took the cap off and it dribbled all over me. :laugh: When you live in Minnesota, sometimes you forget it will actually get warm out again!

I live in Holland where it's currently very cold, and even in summer it's rarely very warm! Good point though, I'll see if I can find something more airtight, that might be a very sticky mess I'f I'm not careful!

As for frizz in general, do you CO-wash? For me, the drier my hair is, the more frizzy it's apt to be.

I haven't tried CO washing yet, in fact I'm just about to try it today! I'll let you know how it goes :)

GRU
February 14th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I haven't tried CO washing yet, in fact I'm just about to try it today! I'll let you know how it goes :)

I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised about how much your hair likes CO-washing!

Artsy
February 14th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Strangely I can't find my hair twin with relatively straight 1b, 4", on a coarse side, naturally dark ash blond

Angeletti
February 14th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Yep, me and Angeletti (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=27744) are totally hair bro's , and style bro's :-> hahah she actually keeps me going! I keep feeling like my hair is too bleh or im unhappy with the ends and about to cut em , or I feel like its too short and im like wow Angeletti (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=27744)'s hair is AWESOME! I can do this! LOL so thanks for keeping me going too and staying away from the shears woman!

Aw, thanks! You have awesome hair as well : ) Maybe between the two of us we can prevent each other from chopping because I'm going through a current hair funk with my ends lately and I'm so tempted to chop!

SwordWomanRiona- I agree, it looks like we have similar hair with the exception of the color : )

Anje
February 14th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Ooooh, can I join, too? I just found out my real hair type! :D I might make it up into the ii's and really be family if my hair keeps thickening up. I have a lot of new hair growth since I stopped chem dying about a year ago and started taking supplements! It's gone from 1.75 to just about 2 pony. I'm hoping for a solid 2+ soon. :)
Wow, this thread moves fast. Of course you can join!

jasper
February 14th, 2011, 05:15 PM
jasper and I are hair twins, at least as far as the self hair typing method goes as well as color. Her hair is a lot longer than mine though!

(The pics in my album desperately need to be updated cause my hair looks a lot different now. Also, my hair color doesn't show up right in florescent lighting)

Oh, yay! I think we are twins :). And we have in common that our hair color looks different in every photo.

OperaTeacherMom
February 14th, 2011, 05:26 PM

Maybe the three of us share "high-pitched musician hair" or something. :p

:blossom::blossom: to both of my musical twins!

The irony is pretty fantastic, isn't it? I can't wait to have long beautiful curls, we will look like old fashioned prima donnas if we fix our hair just right :)

Side note: why don't we have any smileys who have hair? We should totally have smileys with hair!

jasper
February 14th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Side note: why don't we have any smileys who have hair? We should totally have smileys with hair!
This one?
:afro:

GRU
February 14th, 2011, 08:26 PM

I made my own last year: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/brillo2-1.gif

OperaTeacherMom
February 14th, 2011, 08:53 PM
This one?
:afro:

I made my own last year: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/brillo2-1.gif

:cheese: Love them both!!!! I wish I knew how to make them, I'd make one with a fancy updo with curl tendrils :)

GRU
February 14th, 2011, 10:26 PM
:cheese: Love them both!!!! I wish I knew how to make them, I'd make one with a fancy updo with curl tendrils :)

All I did was start with an existing "person" one, saved it to my hard drive, then opened it with "Paint.Net (http://www.getpaint.net/)". Then I expanded it until it was the size of my screen and I could see the individual pixel boxes. From there it was as simple as changing the hair-color and adding a LOT MORE HAIR :rolleyes: and fiddling with the coloring in the hair to give it a curly/frizzy appearance. (just change it to "100%" zoom to see what it looks like all shrunken down)

You really don't need any mad artistic skills, because the final product is SO tiny that any minor flaws aren't even detectable.

kanzer
February 15th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised about how much your hair likes CO-washing!

Surprisingly it wasn't great, still quite frizzy and a bit dull until I put in lots of coconut oil, but I think that's down to my drying methods, I haven't found one I love yet, other than drip drying it and NOT TOUCHING IT, which isn't very practical... I'll keep trying though! (If you're interested in seeing the results I just uploaded a post CO pic)

PS Sorry that was a little off topic! I still haven't found my hair twin... Any takers??

laughinglynxie
February 15th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I guess we're not twins then - for me just breathing makes my hair frizzy.
Also your hair sounds quite similar to my colour, what do you think, does it look the same to you? When I grew mine out after years of dying it red/strawberry blonde the new growth would look grey-ish for ages, that's what kept pushing me to dye it again, vicious circle... How much virgin growth have you got now?

It looks like you have some really cute texture in your pics! The front is spirally! How cool. :) Mine goes flat really easily. Although maybe as my natural color grows in, I'll have more texture like you. I found a random clump of hair today that spiraled as it dried...it was so weird.

I have about 1.5" of my natural color. I used to do red ALL of the time (AND blowdry AND straighten - I think I have a pic in my album) and definitely looked like I had grey hair when I would grow it in...that's why I did dark brown before I decided to grow it out, haha! I'll be rocking the reverse ombre thing for a while.

kanzer
February 15th, 2011, 03:12 PM
It looks like you have some really cute texture in your pics! The front is spirally! How cool. :) Mine goes flat really easily. Although maybe as my natural color grows in, I'll have more texture like you. I found a random clump of hair today that spiraled as it dried...it was so weird.

I have about 1.5" of my natural color. I used to do red ALL of the time (AND blowdry AND straighten - I think I have a pic in my album) and definitely looked like I had grey hair when I would grow it in...that's why I did dark brown before I decided to grow it out, haha! I'll be rocking the reverse ombre thing for a while.

Thanks :) I never had those spiral curls before, and now that I think about it they've only popped up since I grew out all the colour - maybe something to look forward to in months to come?? (Although I wish my hair did that all over instead of just at the front :confused: maybe it's cos there's still a bit of dye at the back...)

I used to blowdry and straighten too, only stopped about a month ago when I found LCH... Oh our poor hair!!

PS Your baby boy is SO cute!! :D

krissykins
February 15th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Wow, this thread moves fast.

Amen to that. I fear I started something larger than I had anticipated. Lol

PraiseCheeses
February 15th, 2011, 10:22 PM

:spitting:Bwahahahahaha! That. is. AWESOME. Love it, GRU!

Quixii
February 15th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I don't think I've found my hair twin yet either. Maybe I don't have one.

jasper
February 16th, 2011, 07:57 PM

I would be your twin if I could.:)

krissykins
February 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I would be your twin if I could.:)

Same! I've always coveted your beautiful locks!

I'm hoping more people show up to be my hair twin ^_^

islandboo
February 22nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
I would love to find a twin! I think there are some candidates out there but it needs to be someone who understands the frustration of scalp streaks and curious ear tips that love to peek out and see the world. I just took this pic after letting down the bun I had in all day and a quick combing (which I think is why I have those strange color streaks - I have never seen that before in my hair but my mom assures me they are real. I tend to only look at my hair just after brushing it or checking an updo for grievous errors so I am apparently unaware of its secret stripey life)

http://i.imgur.com/KKeUE.jpg (http://imgur.com/KKeUE)

PrincessTieflin
February 22nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
I am not sure I have one either LOL

Luna12345
February 22nd, 2011, 07:16 PM

You have very amazing hair, I WISH I could be your hair twin.....my hair is also super thick but I have alot more curl than you and it's alot shorter.:)

Kristin
February 22nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
I'm a F/M, 1b, iii. My hair is dark brown/black and I henndigo. It's between waist and hip right now at about 31.5".

Admittedly, I've only read the first 120 posts in this thread, but vanity_acefake is the closest I've seen based on description and pictures.

Glamgirl
February 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
I'd love a hair twin too!! I need to get a good routine going...I'm kind of all over the map with products right now! It would be nice to share some ideas with a twin!:)
This is air-dried, no products. It was taken last summer, so I'm an inch or two longer now.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/mjensen1/004-1-1.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/mjensen1/0014.jpg

knoxkatie
February 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
where's my twin!? i have medium brown F/M 2b ii hair. my favorite product is olive oil but i also love coconut oil. i looked through a lot of this thread and haven't found anyone yet.

wvgemini
February 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
I'm wondering where mine is. I have auburn(ish) with caramel highlights, shoulder-length hair that is 2b/M/ii (pretty sure, lol). Any takers :flower:

laughinglynxie
February 23rd, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'd love a hair twin too!! I need to get a good routine going...I'm kind of all over the map with products right now! It would be nice to share some ideas with a twin!:)
This is air-dried, no products. It was taken last summer, so I'm an inch or two longer now.

WOW! How I only WISH I was your hair twin. :D Gorgeous!

IStand4u
February 23rd, 2011, 03:22 PM
I would love a hair twin too!

My hair is naturally an ash brown with auburn tones in it (red right now though), and my hair type is 3a, F/M, ii/iii :) please find me a hair twin?

curlytm
February 23rd, 2011, 03:26 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/mjensen1/004-1-1.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/mjensen1/0014.jpg

I would love a hair twin too!

My hair is naturally an ash brown with auburn tones in it (red right now though), and my hair type is 3a, F/M, iii :) please find me a hair twin?

The three of us are SOO CLOSE to being hair twins! I'm 3a/3b, M, iii. I am currently a henna-head but seriously considering retiring the henna.

As for routines, CO works wonders for me along with occasional oilings with EVOO or coconut oil.

IStand4u
February 23rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
The three of us are SOO CLOSE to being hair twins! I'm 3a/3b, M, iii. I am currently a henna-head but seriously considering retiring the henna.

As for routines, CO works wonders for me along with occasional oilings with EVOO or coconut oil.

Wow! Are we ever close, I'm thinking of keeping an eye on your routines :eyebrows: maybe it will help! :)

IStand4u
February 23rd, 2011, 03:57 PM

OMG Quixii, I think you are my hair twin minus the color of our hair!!! :) Hair twins? I think so :)

krissykins
February 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM

Your curls are so pretty :)

irishlady
February 27th, 2011, 02:00 PM
where's my twin!? i have medium brown F/M 2b ii hair. my favorite product is olive oil but i also love coconut oil. i looked through a lot of this thread and haven't found anyone yet.

We are almost twins! Except mine is more 2a than 2b, but sometimes it decides to be an (almost) 2b :)

HuggyBear
February 27th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Anyone looking for a hair twin or maybe cousin with 1a/1b / F / ii hair? Are we going just by hair type or are length and color counted as well?

Glamgirl
February 27th, 2011, 05:59 PM
WOW! How I only WISH I was your hair twin. :D Gorgeous!

How sweet laughinglynxie!! Thanks!! :flower:

Glamgirl
February 27th, 2011, 06:04 PM

I think you're right! Hair triplets!! :eyebrows:

I tried CO a few months ago, and it didn't go so well...probably because I didn't clarify first. I'm going to try it again...any conditioners you recommend?
Right now, I've been using Coconut Oil, and Moroccan Oil...and I want to try Jojoba and EVOO.

Glamgirl
February 27th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Your curls are so pretty :)

Thank you so much krissykins!! :flowers:

smrider
February 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Is my twin out there? 1b/1c with fine hair at the temples, mainly medium with coarse hair underneath. Barely a iii at 4.25".... just got pictures up finally!

gossamer
February 28th, 2011, 05:26 PM
My hair twin messaged me out of the blue. Kherome's photos look a lot like my hair, just a bit shorter and without my weirdo light streaks. Yay hair twin!

JamieLeigh
March 19th, 2011, 10:15 PM
My hair twin messaged me out of the blue. Kherome's photos look a lot like my hair, just a bit shorter and without my weirdo light streaks. Yay hair twin!

Mine did too! Lol I had not even seen this thread yet. *waves hi to irishlady* :D

CurlyCyndi
March 19th, 2011, 10:28 PM
argh I am so jealous of all the beautiful hair pictures. I WANT A HAIR TWIN! :) y hair is pretty much like ADRIENNE BAILLON... ONly she has died her hair lighter and I die my hair darker.

Artsy
March 19th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Is my twin out there? 1b/1c with fine hair at the temples, mainly medium with coarse hair underneath. Barely a iii at 4.25".... just got pictures up finally!

Hey, smrider, your hair looks similar to mime judging by pictures. What do you think?:)

misspurdy06
April 28th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I don't know if there is already a thread about this because I searched a few times and was unsuccessful. So I am starting this one.

My idea is basically to list hair attributes and short descriptions of hair care routine.

I do realize that if this thread gets long; it will become tedious to comb through (pun intended) but maybe along the way people will recommend two who are alike.

And those matched can proceed to share and grow.

So here goes....

Mine is coarse, iii, wavy/curly, Medium Blonde (naturally dark blonde)

I use sun-in to lighten and water only wash.

I get on average an inch of growth a month.

Good luck to all.

Okay, your turn......

Kelikea
April 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
My hair is fine-to-medium, but mostly fine, around 4 in pony circumference, so ii/iii and wavy. Not sure what color it is so here's a pic:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=128873
It grows really slowly, like only 2.5 inches this year.
Sometimes I shampoo(no sls) but I've tried bs/acv, V05 strawberries and cream, suave everlasting sunshine, Nature's Gate Organics, and Desert Essences Organics. My hair doesn't mind protein, it is pretty easy actually. It looks the same pretty much no matter what I do! I do not heat style, though, that fries it. My curl comes and goes with the weather:)

PixieKitten
April 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Ooooh!! I'd love to have a hair twin! I don't know anyone in real life who has hair like me and it's so annoying!!

Mine's medium-dark brown, 2b, medium ii wavy and... kerfloofy.
I CWC every 5 days or so, And I'm trying to embrace my natural colour after years of dying! I also get about an inch a month!

Hollyfire3
April 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM
My hair is iii with a 4.25 circumfrence, it is M/C (but not super coarse or coarse feeling, just thickish strands) it is wurly/curly but lately has been very straight because of an inbalance of protein and moisture, I'm working on it though. Without the old heat damage and imbalances it is quite curly with lots of volume. I typed my hair 2b/2c but it has potenial to be a bit curlier when I fix all of this. My hair hates protein and it just goes straighter with it, it loves most moisture treatments but is overall finicky. If it helps, my ultimate goal is HL and I would LOVE to Holly Marie Combs's full, thick, wavyish shiny healthy hair....sadly, I have mine to work with, but some day...it will be like hers!:D