View Full Version : Washing out a heavy oiling...please respond!

Kaya
February 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Ok, I have one simple question. Has anyone used clarifying shampoo/conditioner to wash out a heavy oiling?
I have been wondering this, cause I normally clarify once a week, and then on a separate day, do a heavy oiling which requires CWC, typically with non-cone products.
The only issue I have with these shampoo days (I normally CO) is that I tend to shed quite a bit, and doing it one day after another, I get paraniod that I'm shedding too much.
So, I'm hoping, maybe I can combine the two and just wash out the heavy oiling with clarifying shampoo. :hmm:
Would this be OK, or completely defeat the purpose and effects of a heavy oiling?

enfys
February 4th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I wash heavy oilings out best with CO, but oiling briefly raises my shed rate regardless.

Any help? :lol:

tigr
February 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM
You'd probably be interested in the results of this poll: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=42117.

Also, would you please make the font you use in your posts slightly bigger? I find it hard to read. Thanks!

Anywhere
February 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I find that WO can even be enough to remove a heavy oiling of a light oil for me, but for EVOO I typically need a shampoo of some sort.

If you diluted your shampoo a bit before washing I don't think it'd negate the effects of the oiling too much.. but I'm not 100% sure.

jasper
February 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I have used a clarifying/ anti-buildup shampoo to remove a heavy oiling - really heavy because it was part of a caramel treatment. But the only reason I used that shampoo was because it was what I had on hand.

I am wondering why you clarify once a week, if you are otherwise washing with non-cone products.

Kaya
February 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I have used a clarifying/ anti-buildup shampoo to remove a heavy oiling - really heavy because it was part of a caramel treatment. But the only reason I used that shampoo was because it was what I had on hand.

I am wondering why you clarify once a week, if you are otherwise washing with non-cone products.

You know, now that I think about it, I'm not exactly sure...Probably cause I'm weird. :crazyq: I used to SLS shampoo and condition every single day before I joined the community, so switching to CO only kinda jolted my routine. I do occasionally use Aussie 'cone products. I guess I have some whacked-out notion that doing a weekly clarifying wash will help clean my hair and scalp of any build-up from my daily oiling and CO. I just like that squeaky clean feel regularly. I know, I have some nuerosis to get over...I swear I'm working on them. :wacko:

cindy58
February 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't clarify once a week either -- I will clarify only if I'm noticing some issues, so it's rare for me to even feel the need. Why be any rougher than necessary with your hair?

tigr
February 5th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Kaya - thank you for making the font larger. :)