PDA

View Full Version : Extreme MakeUnder: Celebrity Edition

Pyvsi
February 4th, 2011, 08:39 AM
The few makeover shows I've seen apply the same formula to everyone: Cut & Color. (Usually) the results are cute, but a major commitment to maintain.

In my own make-believe world, I visit celebrities who keep their hair burdened with many products and/or extensions and challenge them to embrace a more "natural" look over the course of three years. Why? Cause I'm weird.

I would start with Beyonce. She is a beautiful woman, but her hair is neither straight nor blond. She's a deep brunette with ringlets. Her hairline is probably damaged too due to her incessant use of lace wigs.

I'd start all over with her hair and braid in some extensions that match her color and texture. When her own virgin hair got long enough, I'd style it in a way that plays up the fun, sexy bounciness of her curls.

Anyone else want to play? Who's a celeb that you're dying to see what their hair *really* looks like?

Sister13
February 4th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Shakira. Not Blonde. Not extensions thick. Dark wavy hair.

From Madonna to Gwen Stefani, what's wrong with having dark hair anyways?

RavennaNight
February 4th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Katy Perry: no more wigs. I'd love to see what hair is under there.

aldasbeke
February 4th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Shakira is a good one. I'd love to see her real hair.

About the unnatural blonde thing, I totally agree, especially since most people CANNOT do blonde. You usually have to have very light skin to make it look natural. Anyone dark-skinned or olive toned usually cannot pull it off because it washes them out, so I don't know why they don't go with brown because it would look so much prettier.

Becky Safari
February 4th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Nicole Kidman.

Take away the straightening products/tools, hair dye, and scissors and let that natural red curly hair fly!

ladyjo
February 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Jordan aka Katie Price, her hair is so abused she'd have to start from the root. Everything about her is so fake, I'd be curious to see how long she could go natural before succumbing to bleach and extensions...and bleached extensions XD

She should also lay off the inch-thick layer of makeup because she doesn't need it and it makes an otherwise attractive face look manly and plastic..

This is a fun thread :D

young&reckless
February 4th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Rihanna, I would love to see what she looks like under all that stuff (make-up, wigs, ext).

I would also love to see Joan Rivers go o'natural. Then again :couch:

Funwithsharps
February 4th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Holly Madison--she has such a pretty face. I am curious about what her natural hair looks like--color and texture.

leoninnu
February 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Dita von Teese. Her hair (like everything else in her) is always under iron rule, not a single strand where it doesn't belong. I wonder what her natural hair colour is?

Phalaenopsis
February 4th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Miley Cyrus.

I would love to see if all those gorgeous waves are real

jujube
February 4th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Ditto on Shakira.

MrsGuther
February 4th, 2011, 11:23 AM
The Kardashian sisters. I KNOW they have lots of hair extensions in at all times, and I want to see their REAL hair. People in the media put so much emphasis on how beautiful they are and how pretty their hair is, and it's fake! I think they are all beautiful, I just want to see them minus the rediculous hair extensions.

MAO
February 4th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Jennifer Aniston- She is NOT naturally straight, and not naturally blonde. I've seen old pictures and she has great dark wavy hair. Put away your straightening iron!

BunnyBee
February 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Dita von Teese. Her hair (like everything else in her) is always under iron rule, not a single strand where it doesn't belong. I wonder what her natural hair colour is?

Dita Von Teese is naturally blonde :)

Edited for evidence: http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l91m7caOHU1qarx6eo1_400.jpg

BrightEyes7
February 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Lindsay Lohan. You always see her with those super long extensions... I'm curious to see how long her hair really is.

Also I hate her as a blonde or with the dark brown. She is best as a red head... but then again she is kinda a lost cause.

ETA:

Holly Madison--she has such a pretty face. I am curious about what her natural hair looks like--color and texture.

She is naturally a very dark brunette. She showed pics of her once on Girls Next Door of her in high school. She had dark hair and a MULLET!!

MAO
February 4th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Dita Von Teese is naturally blonde :)

Edited for evidence: http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l91m7caOHU1qarx6eo1_400.jpg

I think she looks MUCH better in that picture! Her current hair and makeup annoys the hell out of me.

PiroskaCicu
February 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Lindsay Lohan. You always see her with those super long extensions... I'm curious to see how long her hair really is.

Also I hate her as a blonde or with the dark brown. She is best as a red head... but then again she is kinda a lost cause.

I second this. I loved Lindsay Lohan's natural red hair and freckles when she was young. She was so cute :D

Vani1902
February 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM

Yesterday, I was watching her show and I thought the same exact thing. She is so beautiful but her hair looks so tortured.

Beatrix_Kiddo
February 4th, 2011, 12:25 PM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6449/shakipenegro0015b15d.jpg (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/shakipenegro0015b15d.jpg/)

Shakira with her real hair

Red_Wednesday
February 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM
I was going to say Shakira too. Great pic, Beatrix_Kiddo. I wouldn't even have recognized her if you hadn't put her name there:o.

jujube
February 4th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Wow Shakira is so much more beautiful with her natural hair!

CarpeDM
February 4th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Katy Perry: no more wigs. I'd love to see what hair is under there.

I agree, I've read that she is a natural blond and that she colors her hair dark...?

Konstifik
February 4th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Am I really the first one to say Lady Gaga? :D

Beatrix_Kiddo
February 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Me neither! I supposed she forgot her real hair colour

Aurantia
February 4th, 2011, 02:10 PM
The kardashian girls are stunning; I wish they would save the heavy makeup for occasional use because it covers up how lovely their faces are naturally.

Here's Kim:

http://pics.hollywoodrag.com/gallery3/images/kim_kardashian_5_wenn183179.jpg

http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/69/15/007918772.0.0.0x0.600x761.jpeg

And Shakira looks AMAZING with her black hair! Go back, girl, go back!

Pyvsi
February 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM
For Real!

Her voice is so powerful and I think it's sad that such amazing talent gets upstaged by all the crazy costume stuff and gimmicks. I would love to see her in dressed down elegance, singing a song that makes some doggone sense.

Kittin
February 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM
oh I use to love I think it was Lucky magazine who did the make unders on celebrities. Did Katy Perry have a pic posted on twitter of her first thing with no make up?

Amraann
February 4th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I am curious if Kyle Richards from the RHW of Beverly Hills has extensions or if it is really her hair.

McFearless
February 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM
The Kardashians all have naturally long, dark, beautiful hair. I think with fame you kind of have to heat style it for events all the time and now they wear extensions.

Fethenwen
February 4th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Jennifer Aniston- She is NOT naturally straight, and not naturally blonde. I've seen old pictures and she has great dark wavy hair. Put away your straightening iron!
What? I always thought her hair looked like that naturally! And everyone goes always on about how nice her hair is :p It would certainly be interesting to see it in a natural state.

Does she even have hair :confused: ... I would not be surprised if she's bald and just keep wearing wigs out of convenience.

McFearless
February 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I agree, I've read that she is a natural blond and that she colors her hair dark...?

Yeah. There are photos of her a teen with blonde hair on google.

McFearless
February 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Does she even have hair :confused: ... I would not be surprised if she's bald and just keep wearing wigs out of convenience.

LOL yeah her hair is so short and fried but starting out it was long, brown and beautiful.

julliams
February 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM
This is interesting but it's without make up - http://www.listal.com/list/without-make-up To me some of them look just as good if not better without it - Jessica Biel, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie

bumblebums
February 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
This is interesting but it's without make up - http://www.listal.com/list/without-make-up To me some of them look just as good if not better without it - Jessica Biel, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie

Ooh, is Brooke Shields wearing a hair stick?!

ETA: I've seen Uma Thurman on the street with a stroller, and she looked fabulous. Some of these ladies, I probably wouldn't recognize them without make-up on the street. They don't need sunglasses to hide.

Cleopatra18
February 4th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Miley Cyrus.

I would love to see if all those gorgeous waves are real
No it's not,I saw pics of her before hiding her face while running out of the salon,after taking her long extensions out.Her hair is a shoulder length kinda fried mess.
I would say lady gaga,her looks freaks me out.

lilalong
February 4th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I agree with Nicole Kidman. I remember seeing her in movies when I was younger and thinking she was absolutely beautiful. It would be nice if she went back to her natural beauty.

HintOfMint
February 4th, 2011, 05:32 PM

I agree with most of this thread except for these two. Lady Gaga and Dita von Teese didn't develop their personas just to look good, they wanted to develop a fantasy. Their looks are elaborate creations that is, perhaps, even more intimate than simply being your natural self. I personally love their look. Is it fake? Of course it is. But it is theirs and I think it's a way of seeing inner beauty through their creativity and taste.

But I'm biased because I adore those two.

Jenn of Pence
February 4th, 2011, 08:32 PM

Surely you jest....celebrities look like normal people without a legion of hair and make-up stylists? :p I so totally don't feel bad about myself anymore. ;)

nellreno
February 4th, 2011, 09:52 PM
The kardashian girls are stunning; I wish they would save the heavy makeup for occasional use because it covers up how lovely their faces are naturally.

Here's Kim:

http://pics.hollywoodrag.com/gallery3/images/kim_kardashian_5_wenn183179.jpg

http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/69/15/007918772.0.0.0x0.600x761.jpeg

And Shakira looks AMAZING with her black hair! Go back, girl, go back!

Wait, that second picture is Kim Kardashian? She looks so much more beautiful in that picture than in anything where she's dressed up with tons of make up on.

rapunzhell13
February 4th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Although Shakira is a beauty no matter what, I really like her bleached out length with dark roots look. I disagree that only light skinned people look good as blondes. I actually think the caramel locks Beyonce sports are super flattering.

Lindsay Lohan looks SO much better as a redhead. Every other colour completely washes her out, except *maybe* a well done golden blonde. Platinum blonde was horrific. shudder:

Twarg
February 4th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I really like this, I often think it's a shame that people don't embrace their natural hair. Particularly african american women! I love their natural hair, I can't imagine how burdening it must feel to worry about hair and spend that many hours on it every day.

Konstifik
February 4th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I agree with most of this thread except for these two. Lady Gaga and Dita von Teese didn't develop their personas just to look good, they wanted to develop a fantasy. Their looks are elaborate creations that is, perhaps, even more intimate than simply being your natural self. I personally love their look. Is it fake? Of course it is. But it is theirs and I think it's a way of seeing inner beauty through their creativity and taste.

Oh yes, I completely agree about Lady Gaga. However, the question I answered was who you'd like to see without all make up and costumes, just out of curiosity. :)

leoninnu
February 5th, 2011, 12:17 AM

Haha, I love Dita von Teese too :crush: And it's always great to see what Lady Gaga has come up with this time. But no, my suggestion at least didn't mean that I want her to loose all the makeup and hair products. I was curious of what she looks like under all that and since someone posted a pic of her natural hair colour and I went and found a pic without makeup my curiosity is now satisfied.

Thanks for the poster of that pic btw!

rosek
February 5th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Christina Aguleria. Sorry if her last name has a spelling mistake. I'd love to see her natural colour and texture!

irishlady
February 5th, 2011, 03:15 AM
Off the top of my head, Nicole Kidman.
The straight blonde is ugly on her, the natural red ringlets are beautiful. I laugh when she heat curls the straight bleach blonde, she's not fooling anyone, and she has nicer natural curls.