PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Half Do's??

wavymane
February 4th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Hello you lovely ladies! I see lots of threads on up-do's and I'm envious of you ladies that are so adept at creating such beautiful art on your heads. I personally do not like my hair up. My hair is very heavy it's very dense. When I was younger my mother would french braid my hair and they were always these really THICK braids. I never thought they looked as pretty as the finer haired ladies. I used to wear my hair with the sides up when it wouldn't cooperate but a stylist once told me I looked matronly this way :mad: So I do have this sort of fear of looking matronly now thanks to him!

I'm contemplating not layering my hair so heavily so I can experiment with some of the pretty hair toys I see around here. So would you be willing to share some pictures of half DO's?? I need some length, just can't pull off the full UP Do thing my face is too Square-ish & it's not flattering on me.

Thanks ladies!

wavymane
February 5th, 2011, 06:09 AM
apparently my search skills are lacking? :hmm: could someone kindly point me in the right direction or do you gals prefer full UP do's?

THANKS!

Gabriel
February 5th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Are you looking for half up/half down hairstyles?

This thread has lots of pictures and styles in it.

November 2010: Half-up/Half-down (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=58718)

In that same section you'll find lots of "Hair Style of the Month" threads you can browse for style ideas.

wavymane
February 5th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Oh for heavens SAKE I totally didn't even see that forum! Bless your heart for answering my thread. Thanks so much!:o

Gabriel
February 5th, 2011, 06:28 AM
:D no problem, glad I could help and welcome to LHC!

TrichPrincess
February 5th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Hello you lovely ladies! I see lots of threads on up-do's and I'm envious of you ladies that are so adept at creating such beautiful art on your heads. I personally do not like my hair up. My hair is very heavy it's very dense. When I was younger my mother would french braid my hair and they were always these really THICK braids. I never thought they looked as pretty as the finer haired ladies. I used to wear my hair with the sides up when it wouldn't cooperate but a stylist once told me I looked matronly this way :mad: So I do have this sort of fear of looking matronly now thanks to him!

I'm contemplating not layering my hair so heavily so I can experiment with some of the pretty hair toys I see around here. So would you be willing to share some pictures of half DO's?? I need some length, just can't pull off the full UP Do thing my face is too Square-ish & it's not flattering on me.

Thanks ladies!
I like to either to a half-up with hair wrapped around the band, or a half-flip (http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/ponytails/video-hairstyles-flipped-half-ponytail/)

Lianna
February 5th, 2011, 12:16 PM
There's also the Half-up group (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=150). :)