PDA

View Full Version : Rockabilly Hairstyle

tiny_teesha
February 3rd, 2011, 09:29 PM
link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH_C5UaIHfk)

I didn't make it myself, it's a youtube that goes for just over 8 minutes.

I've seen heaps of youtube hairstyles, but this one really impressed me, even the way it was filmed :)

What do you guys think?

Olyve
February 3rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
It looks unfinished to me, I think the pincurl headband is undone in my eyes as well as the straight hair. (but that could just be me)

tiny_teesha
February 3rd, 2011, 10:01 PM
I think it looks good like that, or if one runs out of time. It's something a bit different.
She also has 2 other videos i think are quite good and quick too!

Athena's Owl
February 4th, 2011, 02:19 AM
I'd do up the hair at the back in a couple steam rollers to get some curls to echo the rosettes/pincurls.

spidermom
February 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
The music practically had me grinding my teeth; I only lasted through the first 2 minutes, then slid the bar over for the finished style. Meh.

jessie58
February 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I loved all 3 of her vids and hairstyles.

Yozhik
February 4th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I laughed out loud when I recognized the music from a popular Russian musical :D

I guess the effect of the backcombing could be achieved with using a rat? I thought the hairstyle looked quite put together, but a bit too time consuming for me. :)

Aurantia
February 4th, 2011, 05:03 PM
The music practically had me grinding my teeth; I only lasted through the first 2 minutes, then slid the bar over for the finished style. Meh.

I loved the music -- I was sad she didn't post the artist / song! :lol:

I agree that curls on the loose hair would have "finished up" the look, but part of the charm is that this style is basic and adaptable.

Thanks for posting, tiny_teesha! :)

DiablitaNoir
February 4th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Loved it! Such a cute, classy hairstyle! :)

spidermom
February 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM

I agree that curls on the loose hair would have "finished up" the look, but part of the charm is that this style is basic and adaptable.

That's the great thing about music. We can each find something we love. Too bad I didn't think of the mute key.

ALYSSA
February 4th, 2011, 05:44 PM
i LOVE rockabilly hair styls...the style it self is gorgeouse!! please if any one knows how to do those styles share????????????? ((((: ill be the happiest gir lin the world ...im going to watch thev id...

ALYSSA
February 4th, 2011, 05:48 PM
i can do lovely pin curls i love them soo much! i jus hate how curls make my straight hair look shorts lol i work hard for my length!

Yozhik
February 4th, 2011, 05:53 PM

Here's the wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilyagi_%282008_film%29) page on the movie the song is from. :)

The song is called "Ему не нужна Американская Жена" (He Doesn't Need an American Wife) by the group Kolibri.

Illta2u
February 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Wasn't too bad though it looked way to messy. Rockabilly hair is all about pomped precision and smoothness. Also i guess im the only one who noticed her horrible roots? lol....now im just knit-pickin

skyblue
February 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM
it's cute! I loved the flower looking head band, the teasing made me cringe but for shorter hair its really cute
the music though.....was soooo bad lol!!!

Niphredil
February 5th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I quite like the finished style actually! I did also notice her horrible roots (Ok, mine are just as bad but go slightly more unnoticed as the colors are closer, or so I hope :) )

I might try this someday, without the backcombing obviously.

squiggyflop
February 5th, 2011, 10:12 AM
well.. that was a pretty style, i dont think it would work for my length though.. man that music, it was, i dont know but i muted it after i couldnt take it anymore

moon-child
February 6th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I absolutely love this but can't do it til my hairs longer wah :(

Thanks for the link! Gonna bookmark it

Bubbleguppy
February 6th, 2011, 11:31 AM
The pinned curls were definitely cute, but the teasing frightened me :p

vanity_acefake
February 7th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Loved it so much I'm going to try it myself.
Thank you for posting it.

wendy51
February 7th, 2011, 08:38 PM
It is nice! i like the style! ^^