PDA

View Full Version : Please help me get started

anotherone
February 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hi ladies! I joined this forum last year, but things were so hectic between settling in a new country and taking care of my children, that I never found the time to come back. I'm just going to start with my simplest question, which is: How do I take care of my hair? I've been a shampoo and conditioner girl all of my life. My hair and scalp tends to be very dry and I usually walk around with my hair in a bun and a halo of frizz around my head. I am ** the sexy **. :eyebrows: Do you all have some good resources to get me started? I'd also like to learn more about my daughters' hair and they all have different hair types than mine. I think it'll be a tremendous gift for them to grow up knowing how to taking care of their hair instead of being like their mom, who has never known how to care for my mane.

jaine
February 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
Hi and welcome!! :waving:

I think this article has some good advice if you're not sure where to begin: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=39

I also have a dry scalp, but I've managed to get my hair to be happy and not dry ... by moving towards more gentle washing methods, with more time in between washes. For example sometimes I need to rewet and restyle my hair but it isn't actually oily yet - then I skip the shampoo and just use conditioner or water on it. That might be a good thing you can try with your existing shampoo & conditioner.

Nae
February 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
I like your sense of humor! Welcome to LHC. The article Jaine linked above is really great. It recommends starting out with a CWC. (Condition, Wash, Condition) I totally agree, that is a great place to start and won't involve buying all sorts of new products and whatnot, while you browse around and learn about other methods!

At any rate, nice to "meet" you! Let us know how it goes!