PDA

View Full Version : What is your go-to/everyday/fed-up hairstyle?

irishlady
February 3rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
I haven't seen another thread like this, if there is one please feel free to remove this.

So what is your everyday style? Do you have a style that you always go to if your hair is being silly?

My everyday style, as well as my fed-up style, is just a simple bun in a scrunchie. Of course on bad hair days, this "bun" looks more like a dog poo...but oh well hehe

jaine
February 3rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
Mine is a wet, gelled peacock twist. :p Wetting my hair resets whatever cowlick was just annoying me.

Cirafly24
February 3rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
A nautilus bun. I get so sick of it, but it really does the job. Whenever my hair is frustrating me, I go to the nautilus.

luluj
February 3rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
I always "go to" a wrapped hairstick bun held by a Ketylo hairstick!

MissManda
February 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
A Dianyla-style braid or a braided bun done with two braids. It keeps my hair from going everywhere, it looks pretty, and it gives me pretty, pretty waves. :)

My Flexi-8 that holds my braided buns has disappeared, so I just do a sock bun if I'm not in the mood to have a braid going down my back.

born_confused90
February 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
for a regular day mine's is to use a clip to place my hair in a half up-half down and when i'm i'm really fed up it's a fake bun (you know the kind where you do a ponytail but don't pull the tail the whole way through the hairband).

DreadfulWoman
February 3rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Ballerina bun. I swear I do know other styles, and I always have the best intentions of using them, but then I find myself running out the door with a mess of loose hair, and there's one style I know I can do in 10 seconds flat that will hold all day without a hairtoy. In fact, I'm wearing this morning's ballerina bun now. :p

Malibu Barbie
February 3rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Mine is a hat, when the hair isn't looking so hot my baseball caps work well. For fancy settings I have my fancy hats:D

RocketDog
February 3rd, 2011, 06:49 PM
For work it's a high cinnabun, I can do it without looking and it will stay up with a few amish pins or spinpins. If I'm at home I'll spray my hair with water and throw it back into a tight dianyla-style english braid, but only if I'm not leaving the house since I am terribly self-conscious about the thinness of my hair in a braid.

BunnyBee
February 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Lazy wrap, because like me it is lazy :)

mizk5110
February 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Ponytail. I start the day with it loose, or halfback, or some sort of bun or braid, and by the time I take the dog out for his last pee of the night it's pretty much guaranteed that it's in a ponytail. Drives my husband crazy! Though now that my braid is 6 bumps (on a good day), it could also be found in a braid over my left shoulder

tanya222
February 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
The Figure-8 bun. I can twist it & toss it up in about 7 seconds, and unless I hit the hairstick getting in the car it'll stay up all day.:)

Gabriel
February 3rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Another vote for a nautilus.

Arachne
February 3rd, 2011, 07:15 PM
braid down my back; simple and effective

Becky Safari
February 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM
Braids braids braids! French, Dutch, English, Lace, they keep my hair in control while keeping some length showing

white line
February 3rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
almost daily, lately, it has been a quick cinnamon bun held with chopsticks. 11-month old son has reached hair-pulling stage and if it isn't back, he will have 2 handfuls of hair.

Kat Girl
February 3rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure exactly what it is called, but it starts as a cinnabun, and then I take one hairstick and put it in starting at the bottom of the bun and then sort of pulling or weaving the bottom up. The end result is like a sloppy figure 8 looking thing. Also I have some pretty severe layers right now so they stick out everywhere (I so can't wait to grow them out). :(

PeaceLoveHair
February 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
I usually braid my hair for work. soemtimes i bun it but I'm waiting till I get my hairsticks before I do that more regularly. Hope it arrives in the mail soon!

PrincessTieflin
February 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Mine is a clippy bun or bun cover.. this seems to be my go to everyday now :(

Lazy wrap, because like me it is lazy :)

LOL BunnyBee to funny:D

Madora
February 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
When I go out, it's usually in a lace braid around my head.

At home, I braid it loosely and pin it in a bun on top of my head.

jasper
February 3rd, 2011, 08:14 PM
Lazy wrap. That is my no-fail for when others do fail.

monsterna
February 3rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
A half up. Sometimes I place the half up in a ponytail and place my ficcare over it for decoration (it is too big for my hair at the moment, but holds over the elastic band). Sometimes I braid the half up section of hair. I used to have it in a ponytail all the time, but I've suddenly got this horrible cowlick in the back on my crown which parts like the Red Sea, so it just depends on the day if it's okay to be in a ponytail or not.

pepperedmoth
February 3rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
I usually wear either an "Equilibrium" bun or Spidermom's "Bun That Stays," but on days when I roll out of bed, squint bleary-eyed at the mirror, and can't stand the thought of unbraiding my hair, brushing it out again, and putting it up . . .

. . . I throw a hairfork in and make a "Pinless Braided Bun" with the braid I slept in. Because I am Just. That. Lazy.

NouvelleNymphe2
March 29th, 2011, 04:45 PM
I'm still a shortie, but I really like a simple bun right on the top of my head. I love how it keeps all of my hair out of my face. I don't twist it around, rather I gently flip my hair upside down and use my BBB to smooth down all my hair. Then I grab it as if I will make a pony and with my other hand pull the ends towards the base until it's one big loop. Then I use one of my old stretched out hair ties and tie it up like that. If it is day 2 or 3 in my wash cycle I don't need many clippies just a few. :)

Nevvie
March 29th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I'm lazy and running late most days so I'll either wear it down or in a ponytail. I keep a hair fork in my purse so that if it gets windy I can pull it up in a quick bun, but most of the time I just leave it loose.

selderon
March 29th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I've been struggling for the last few days to remember the style I used to do 90% of the time when I was 19. My hair was about BSL then and I'd gather it in a ponytail and twist. I think there was something like a figure 8 involved and a hair stick and that's all I can remember. One of these days it'll come back. Maybe when my hair is long enough.

For now my go-to style is a flipped half bun or a nearly-a-bun held with a claw clip.

RitaCeleste
March 29th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Parted slightly to the side and down with very thin bangs. That's right, down 99% of the time. It hangs there now. Sometimes it frizzes, sometimes the ends want to stick out instead of lay down. Still, I brush it, oil it a little and let it hang there.

ooo
March 29th, 2011, 05:40 PM
cinnamon bun, but I'd like to learn something new.

jasper
March 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Er, I wish I had one! I thought it was the lazy wrap. It used to be the lazy wrap bun, but now I can't get that bun to work in a pinch. It seems like my hair acts silly on a daily basis now, and I just have to work my way through different updos until one looks neat enough.

Also, ever since I read that thread about the snail bun and tried it out, my hands just seem to automatically start working my hair into that style, until half way through, when I remember it isn't what I meant to do and I mess up.

That is what styling my hair at 6 A.M. Is like for me anyway.

einna
March 29th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I used to leave it loose most of the time, but now its getting long(ish), and is starting to tangle. I usually do two english braids or just a ponytail held by a flexi-8.
I hope to be able to do more styles soon, but the combo "hair challenged" and heavily layered APL is not the best ;)

RitaPG
March 29th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I love the look of a simple braid but honestly, the Nautilus or Celtic bun have been my most used. I don't always like to keep my hair confined all day and a bun on a stick makes is perfect to put it down and easily bun again when needed :)

kanzer
March 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Mostly down. I try fancy styles but then they fall out, or I worry that I look like an idiot and pull them out 5 seconds before leaving the house!

But when it tickles my neck or starts tangling, or if it's very windy outside, I put it in a pony tail or a messy bun... Not very exciting, I really need to learn more styles!!

Druid of Alba
March 29th, 2011, 06:12 PM
When my hair looks bad, I just brush it back, and tie it in a loose messy bun at the nape of my neck

spidermom
March 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I think I use the Gibralter the most. It's so quick and easy and holds well.

Mebo
March 29th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Cinnamon bun, usually with a medium Ficarre. Seems to be something I can do quickly, lasts all day, and looks professional enough for court.

ArienEllariel
March 29th, 2011, 06:37 PM
either a simple braid or a cinnabun.

KellyGormley
March 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
My everyday and go to "bad hair day" style are the same, because my hair is an odd length and never cooperates. My best friend calls it my tinkerbell bun :)
It's just a high up slightly messy bun with my bangs out and swept to the side.

AJoifulNoise
March 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
My go-to style is the cinnabun with two hair sticks in the X formation. If my hair is being unruly or I am going to be extra active I trade two hair sticks for 7 little clippies all around the edge. If it still looks bad or I am planning on getting messy (cleaning, hiking, etc) I throw a bandanna over the whole thing.

dernhelm
March 29th, 2011, 07:02 PM
A folded braid held up with a Ficarre or a Flexi-8

jojo
March 29th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Bun in a scunchie or log roll kind of thing is my norm at the moment!

Angeletti
March 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM
A hairstick bun when I'm at home and now I'm starting to put my hair in french braids a lot more when out in public or at work because it doesn't look horrible on non wash days.

Scarlet_Heart
March 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Braid bun or french twist.

luckyduck
March 29th, 2011, 08:44 PM
My go to is the Artemis bun. Sometimes I use a stick or two, and sometimes I use little claw clips. I wish i had a fork! It is a very comfortable and quick hairstyle.

Pierre
March 29th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Until last December: each half in a twisted bight held with a Flexi, with the loose end long enough to reach my nose.
Since then: each half braided, then clipped behind and above the ear to the other braid's base. The loose ends are now long enough to reach the boundary between cheek and nose.

Mountaingrrl
March 30th, 2011, 01:18 AM
A folded braid held up with a Ficarre or a Flexi-8
Same as mine.

aurorabridge
March 30th, 2011, 01:32 AM
Messy bun in a black elastic is my "I'm dt

aurorabridge
March 30th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Messy bun in a black elastic is my "I'm stressed" or "I need to concentrate" style.

Chamy
March 30th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I have two dutch braids if i have some time on my hands in the morning, and a big high top bun with a scrunchie if i need a quick way to put my hair up. I almost never wear it down.

pepperminttea
March 30th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Single English braid or a nautilus. If I start the day with my hair down, for once, there's a fair chance it'll go up into a nautilus before long. When I'm just staying in and not doing a lot, single English braid keeps me from worrying about tangles later. :)

Vorvolaka
March 30th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Parted on the right and in a low lazy wrap bun held in a Flexi8. Occasionally, I'll lace braid down the side.

I like this style as once it's comfortably in, I don't need to adjust it all day.

alwayssmiling
March 30th, 2011, 05:49 AM
When the chips are down, I do side braids. It always looks neat and tidy, stays put all day then looks fabulously wavy when take them out.

x0h_bother
March 30th, 2011, 07:37 AM
Messy bun in a black elastic is my "I'm stressed" or "I need to concentrate" style.

This is my "walk of shame" hairstyle :p *Pats my bun* like today. :cool:

Cinnamon Girl
March 30th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I wear it down everyday, without fail. If I get a bad hair day I still wear it down. I think it's a bit short for anything else (It's NL at the moment).

Amelia
March 30th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Normaly i go around with a braided bun.

elbow chic
March 30th, 2011, 09:08 AM
lately, an english braid. Used to be a cinnabun but lately it's gotten heavy or something and I can always feel it pulling unless it's arranged "just so."

MrsGuther
March 30th, 2011, 11:49 AM
My go-to lazy hair do is a half pulled through ponytail/messy bun thingy. Since my hair has gotten quite a bit longer in the past few months it's actually starting to aggravate me to wear it up all the time... I get headaches. Sooooo another of my favorite lazy hairstyles is just wearing it down.

Lianna
March 30th, 2011, 01:49 PM
My go-to lazy hair do is a half pulled through ponytail/messy bun thingy.

That's the style I do most, but then I pin down some sections with hairsticks or a clip like flexi 8/ficcare. The elastic won't show at all. If I do it with a beaded scrunchie looks like a chignon that sticks out further (that would be my lazy style).

I think both look pretty nice (even though quite easy) because they look big enough so my head doesn't look weird. I think my head is too square, and needs "big buns" to balance it out.

...when i'm i'm really fed up it's a fake bun (you know the kind where you do a ponytail but don't pull the tail the whole way through the hairband).

Why do you call it fake? What's fake about it? I get people saying the sock bun is fake (though I just think it's a hairstyle, no big deal, it helps a lot of shorties).

Baileygirl
March 30th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Makeshift bun in a scrunchie.:p

dollface
March 30th, 2011, 07:18 PM
since it's still fairly short i normally twist it up and secure it with a cheapie claw clip.

eezepeeze
March 30th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Used to be a peacock twist held with a jaw clip, but lately it has been a figure 8 bun held with a single stick. My hair is just now long enough for the figure 8, so I've been enjoying it.

ElvenArchess
March 30th, 2011, 11:59 PM
My fed-up style used to be semi-straightened bangs and a poofy ponytail (certainly not Snooky - or whatever the hell her name is - level, but mini Bump-Its level) until two of my coworkers made fun of me for having a "B*tch Bump" in my hair. When I realized they were right and I started disliking the style, I simply twist my hair into a big Venus fly trap-looking hairclip, put my bangs behind my ears, and go on my way.

JJetson
March 31st, 2011, 12:02 AM
My go-to is a half ponytail or just have it down...I don't have bangs, but I'll put curl-enhancer in it. even when I'm lazy.

hanne jensen
March 31st, 2011, 12:14 AM
My go to is a messy something that's between a cinnabun and a doggy-doo held up with butterfly clips. I don't even use a mirror when I do this!

Ishje
March 31st, 2011, 12:35 AM
I nearly alway's wear a nautilus bun, because I am not happy with my hair at the moment.
should try something new for a change though.

Zefyra
March 31st, 2011, 11:38 AM
Braids usually. A French braid going diagonally down my head, ending in a side pony has been my most current favourite. Otherwise Ill just tie it in a bun or high pony (the ends of which now tickle my shoulder :cheese: ) Or if my hair looks fine but the bangs are annoying my, I'll do a little french rope braid down the front. Its really simple, looks cute and holds well..

FullMoonTrim
April 1st, 2011, 08:49 PM
My go-to is a half ponytail or just have it down...I don't have bangs, but I'll put curl-enhancer in it. even when I'm lazy.
JJetson, Have you ever tried Kinky curly brand products for curly hair? I hear they are amazing!

bettylibertine
April 1st, 2011, 11:52 PM
Cinnabun aaaall the way!

jeanniet
April 2nd, 2011, 12:39 AM
Usually a wrapped hairstick bun, if that's what it's called where you twist the stick around the hair. I give the pony a few twists first, so it looks more like a wrapped rope and really looks pretty nice (and I am not a bun artiste by any means :p).

kme81
April 2nd, 2011, 12:45 AM
Single french braid down the back...or if I'm feeling a little fancy, I'll tuck the tail up under the braid! :D Better watch out, I'm gettin' a little wild here! :disco:

Fairlight63
April 2nd, 2011, 05:41 AM
Hair cliped up on the sides, then I braid it in a side braid. Sometimes I will put the braid in a bun.

Oksana
April 2nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Mine is usually two Dutch braids or simply just loose :)

JJetson
April 7th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Fullmoontrim, Kinky Curly is a great product, thanks for the suggestion---sometimes it's so light( and nice because it's not crunchy) it actually wears off by the end of the day. I also like Giovanni's Frizz Be Gone, but need to experiment with more curl enhancers.

owlathena
April 7th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Half up with a clip or a big floppy ribbon. Thats how I wear it every day. Its down, but out of my face.

LotusFIre
April 7th, 2011, 04:17 PM
A stupid ol ponytail in a scrunchie or up in an ugly claw.

jenhow
April 7th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I go for either a messy bun or a hairstick!

skydancer7
April 7th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Lately, a loose cinnamon bun held on either side by medium-sized monster clips, so that the claws face each other... if that makes any sense.

If I am at home and don't care how I look, I will do a high half-through ponytail or high cinnabun on top of my head, so there is no tugging on any of my scalp.

CathyEarnshaw
April 7th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Mine is a French Twist. I use a french comb and can twist it up in seconds. It looks polished for any occasion.

curlychica702
April 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
My go to everyyday style is a bun with a cornrow or lace braid in the front. Usually i use a hairstick to hold the bun, or i do a messy loose bun on top of my head like 2 inches back from my scalp(:

candlesandfish
April 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Pencil bun :) Either straight, or taking the braid that's been in for the last day and then looping it up into one. Dead easy and stays in :)

WaterMusic
April 7th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Half through high pony tail. So easy, I need to get another go to style!

TakeAPotatoChip
April 8th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Ponytail :p
Does that count as a 'style'? :D