PDA

View Full Version : Interview Hair Style

atlantaz3
June 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I'm looking for a new job as an executive assistant. I have the suit, shoes, and briefcase - now I need a sharp hair style. I was thinking french braid, but I don't want a skinned back hair look and I haven't quite mastered the conversion from french braid to regular braid and have it not come out "whomp-sided"! I like a gibson pony pull through (is that the right name?) and was thinking about maybe twisting the sides first. However the positions I have been interviewing for are corporate c-level supporting the CEO or President and I want to fit in with the corporate image. Any suggestions?
tia
Atlantaz3

burns_erin
June 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM
As I understand it buns and french twists are pretty generally considered professional. If you are looking for something different try a chignon.

Islandgrrl
June 9th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I definitely favor a bun of some variety. Play around with positioning to get the best effect in terms of how your hair frames your face.

CurlyNinja
June 9th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I tried to do French twists for my interviews this spring.

When I failed and it wouldn't stay/look neat I just went to cinnabun+ficcare, and I don't think anyone even noticed, honestly. It's just good to have something neat and sleek, that makes you look like you'll be neat and organized (even if you're not, like me!)

Garnett
June 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I would wear a bun for an interview like yours. Good luck!!

frizzinator
June 9th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I agree with the chignon idea, although if you are wearing a shirt or jacket with a collar, you probably don't want the hair brushing against it.

The french twist always looks professional, and it (as well as most buns) can be made kind-of loose to avoid the skinned back look.

I've always thought of the Gibson as a fairly romantic look.

danacc
June 9th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I agree with the chignon idea, although if you are wearing a shirt or jacket with a collar, you probably don't want the hair brushing against it.

The french twist always looks professional, and it (as well as most buns) can be made kind-of loose to avoid the skinned back look.

I've always thought of the Gibson as a fairly romantic look.

French twist, unless you have trouble with it, then go with a (non-messy!) bun.

mommy101405
June 9th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I agree with the chignon. I also think just a low ponytail with a nice barette or ponytail holder can look professional. I'm thinking something similiar to this that would coordinate with your suit.

http://www.franceluxe.com/pc/LI2067/PonytailHolders/index.html

Judging from your picture with your hair all one length and nice and thick and healthy I think the low ponytail would look pulled together and not distracting.

EvaSimone
June 9th, 2008, 07:48 PM
French twist!!! Beautiful, feminine and professional but not as severe as buns can appear.