PDA

View Full Version : How long do you want your hair exactly?

Dreamkitty
February 3rd, 2011, 05:32 AM
:) What is your final destination of your hair journey, when you say "right, Ive reached my goal length, I don't want it any longer".

My goal length is to my tailbone, I will be happy with that length.

redneckprincess
February 3rd, 2011, 05:36 AM
I came here thinking waist-hip would be nice, at the moment i dont think i will grow much longer then that, but that could all change as im just trying to get to BSL wavy still!!

Dina L.
February 3rd, 2011, 05:45 AM
Waist. Actually below breasts if I put my hair to the front. :)

Chamy
February 3rd, 2011, 05:47 AM
I have TB as a final goal right now, but i don't know if that will be the last goal i make. My first goal was Waist, but i'm getting close to that now, and my hair is feeling short as ever. So i don't know if i'll be pleased when i reach TB.

polette
February 3rd, 2011, 05:57 AM
I am looking to grow to my waist... or just beyond. I love love love the way classic looks, but I don't think it is for me.

skyblue
February 3rd, 2011, 06:05 AM
finger tips, I've always wanted my hair that long, hopefully it will get there but as I'm 50 I don't feel confident that it will ever reach that length, on the other hand it's never been at TB so I'm excited to be right there now! If my hair continues to grow now, that would be wonderful!!!

CastaDiva
February 3rd, 2011, 06:06 AM
Originally, when I joined TLHC, classic was what I was aiming for, but now when this length is not so far away anymore, I will probably go for about mid thigh:)

dinnee
February 3rd, 2011, 06:10 AM
I've never reached terminal length for my hair and I would really like to know what it is. :) So happy growing for a long time!

chicken
February 3rd, 2011, 06:11 AM
As I joined LHC, I wanted to have my hair 33 inches long - around hip lenght. Now I'm around 32 inches, that's waist, hip lenght is 1-1,5 inches away. But my hair seems to be so short, I changed my goal to 40 inches.
I have to say I don't know where my jouney will end. I have iii hair and I notice my sticks getting short and a lot of my other hairtoys don't fit. So it depends on wether I can still find nice hairtoys...

freckles
February 3rd, 2011, 06:21 AM
tailbone is my ultimate goal! Whether I'll actually stop there is yet to be seen, but I *think* I will?

Siava
February 3rd, 2011, 06:32 AM
When/if the length starts getting on my nerves I'll trim it back a bit, but I've no idea what that might be right now.

PiroskaCicu
February 3rd, 2011, 06:41 AM
Tailbone length is my goal, too :D. I think it's not too short and not too long, just right for me :). Plus I'm quite short and petite so I think anything else might 'swallow' me in hair, since it's fluffy and thick. lol

Kherome
February 3rd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Well my current minigoal is TBL, but I think my end game goal is knees. But I'll probably stop where ever I have to to maintain a blunt hemline. I do not prefer FTEs so if I have to stop at CL to maintain a blunt hem, I will.

squiggyflop
February 3rd, 2011, 07:17 AM
exactly 45 inches.. yup.. thats the length where even on my curly days ill be classic

spidermom
February 3rd, 2011, 07:51 AM
Classic length; I'm there! Now I'm going to maintain for a year, maybe even cut back if I trash my ends during my snorkeling vacation. They're pretty close to trashed already; that's what no-trimming did to me.

vanillabones
February 3rd, 2011, 08:02 AM
Waist/belly button would be my ultimate limit, anything beyond that I'm not a big fan of the look with wearing hair down and I'd love to wear mine down, also my hair is so thin. Then I'd work on a thicker blunt hemline but I'll probably try and maintain that once at BSL which I dont even know if I can get to since I've never grown that long :D and trying to get it curled/wavy w/o heat

Pyvsi
February 3rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
I want to reach classic just to prove I can do it and take lots and lots of pictures. Then I'll probably cut it to my waist and maintain it there.

NouvelleNymphe2
February 3rd, 2011, 08:06 AM
Honestly my original goal was and still is BSL. I have super fine hair and haven't seen it that long since I was a child. If I still have a healthy hemline I will keep going as far as possible (waist, hip, classic?). So we will see. But I will not sacrifice a healthy hemline for length. If I am only meant to have BSL, and my hair is shiney and well maintained I will be very happy. :)

Anje
February 3rd, 2011, 08:15 AM
I'm not really sure. Somewhere between hip and ankle, I think. More likely between tailbone and knee, since I doubt I could personally handle longer and achieving tailbone was a revelation in my happiness with my own hair.

BrightEyes
February 3rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
I would love for my hair to be a little past BSL, like one or two inches. Where my torso begins to curve inward, but not quite at my waist. I think that is such a beautiful length to wear down, and with my fine and thin hair I will be able to wear it up in quite a few updos too.

Vorvolaka
February 3rd, 2011, 08:25 AM
I have no idea. I change my mind daily. All I know is that it must be a blunt hemline.

myrrhmaiden
February 3rd, 2011, 08:26 AM
I'm going to grow it until it "feels" long enough. Since I started out quite short, I'm taking it goal by goal, the next one being waist. I always imagine it covering my breasts and ending just below my ribcage at the front. We'll see when I get there if it is sufficient.

Madora
February 3rd, 2011, 08:43 AM
Classic length would be fine with me, which means probably a year and a half more to go.

HannahDelicious
February 3rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
I kind of would like to have hair long enough to try out sailor moon buns. :D

ScarlettAdelle
February 3rd, 2011, 09:55 AM
Fingertip when dried naturally and curly.. which means probably somewhere between knee and calf wet.

WynneWear
February 3rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Waist is my goal. It's currently almost at BSL! I hadn't realized that until I used a mirror to look. Ooops! I thought it was 'just' APL. My hemline is U-ish. If I pull the waviness straight, it's at BSL.

I have so much hair I don't know if I'll maintain at waist or cut back again. It's layered and still very very thick at the hemline.

ooo
February 3rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
I want hair that can covers my bust. :o

fluffybunny
February 3rd, 2011, 10:27 AM
I've never reached terminal length for my hair and I would really like to know what it is. :) So happy growing for a long time!

Me, too! Don't know when it will happen or what the length will be when it does happen.

Rennire
February 3rd, 2011, 10:30 AM
I really wanted my hair to be hip length when it was down my front, but now I'm almost there and I'm not sure that it will be long enough for me now!

Alaia
February 3rd, 2011, 10:45 AM
My original final goal was TB. But now I'm there... I'm thinking of trying for knee. Of course Classic might be long enough too. All I know is that my hair is not long enough for me right now.

I will be chopping about 1 foot off my hair at some point so that I don't have layers any more, but that won't be until the shortest layers are at least at TB (quite a while from now, the rest of my hair will probably be beyond classic by that stage).

GeoJ
February 3rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
I am planning to grow to knee-length. Unfortunately, I am getting very close to my goal length, but it still doesn't feel long enough to me. I suspect that after maintaining knee length for a while I might let it start creeping below that- if my terminal length allows.

I am a little curious about what my terminal length is, but I don't know if I will ever try to find out. I'm confident I can at least get to knee because I'm only a few inches away and I'm still getting my typical monthly growth.

Ishje
February 3rd, 2011, 10:50 AM
I want a braid that reaches classic, so I think I will need tigh length at least ^^
it would be cool if I could reach knee length, but I don't want to pin my hopes on that.

AspenSong
February 3rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
I'd really be happy if it got to classic length or longer....but I have no idea where my terminal length is and if that's my hair destiny, so my realistic length, since it's been there before - is about Tailbone. :)
If I can get to there (or when I do...however many dang years it's going to take me!! ARGH...11 more inches....GROW hair, groooooow..lol) I'd probably finally be happy with the length and pause and trim up my ends, etc. :)

Cirafly24
February 3rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
I started out with a goal of TBL, but now that I'm about 1" away, I think I want to grow to Classic. Or even longer!

In short, I have no idea :)

Intransigentia
February 3rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
When I joined, I thought I wanted waist length. I'm thinking longer now. My idea of too long to be manageable (for me) is where it's either (a) getting caught in my nether regions or (b) too long to easily finger-comb and separate the sections as I french-braid. I want to go right up to that line, though.

I think (a) would be around tailbone, and (b) would be a bit past fingertip length. I'm willing to pass Point A if it turns out to be easy to learn to habitually maneuver the hair to keep it out of the cracks, but Point B, wherever it turns out to be, is currently non-negotiable. I have to be able to french-braid my hair.

Avital88
February 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
uhmm good question, it changes all the time.. if you'd asked me 1 year ago i would say waist, 3 months ago it was tailbone, and now its allready at classic..:P i change my mind a lot :)
So for now classic

BrightEyes7
February 3rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
When I came here a year ago it was waist. Now that I've been going back and forth between waist and hip I'm wanting longer. A few months ago while I was at hip I was thinking TB would be long enough... now I'm thinking about going for Classic. I know my hair can do it. I've been cutting away at it to keep it at waist to grow out dye. Only time will tell which length will be enough for me! :)

HairFaerie
February 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
I am aiming for waist. We'll see.

janeytilllie
February 3rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
My ultimate final goal is knee length, wavy with a blunt hemline :) Knee length on me is 47.5" inches. If reach knee length. I will be happy girl :cloud9:

Amraann
February 3rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
My Fairy tale ends are just slightly beyond my tale bone. I am not going to trim at all this year so we shall see how that goes.
I know that once it is to my mid-thigh it will begin to annoy me. So that will probably be my limit.

rosieex3
February 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
I think to my hips when I pull my hair in front is the longest I would go. So that would probably be almost tailbone in the back.

Shermie Girl
February 3rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
I would like to have classic length hair, again. Once I get there, I will reassess whether I want to grow it any longer. I have a ways to go so I don't have to make a decision, right now. :wacko:

Becky Safari
February 3rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
The longest I would ever go would be tailbone, although hip is nice too. I'm planning to wait and see how my hair does the longer it gets, and how thick I can get my hemline. Right now at waist I still have a bunch of layers that need to catch up

oktobergoud
February 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
Just a bob, or maybe a bit longer after that. I want to get AT LEAST a bob, but do not have the intention to go BSL, or classic or anything 'real long'. I've been having a pixie cut for years so a bob is already looong to me ;) And if I have that, I'll just see how it grows :)

Anywhere
February 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM
I hope to grow to classic stretched so I can have TB hair with my natural texture.

lapushka
February 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
When I was a child, I had classic length, then I had it all chopped off at the age of about 10/11, to a pageboy style. Regretted it immediately, and ever since, but it never ever even reached BSL again for lots of years, while I experimented with my hair (all sorts of colors, styles). I decided to try growing again --for real-- in my thirties, and wanted to see where the journey would take me, so I had multiple smaller goals: APL, then BSL, then WL. I didn't think I'd grow beyond that, but now I am WL and the next goals are (yay): HL, TBL and CL. I'm not going to go beyond that. I knew CL was a pain in the butt when I was young, and I don't much like sitting on my hair, so, I don't think there's much hope beyond that point. But yes, definitely, smaller goals, moving along in smaller increments is a lot easier.

Red_Wednesday
February 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
I used to think I just wanted hip length hair, but currently I'm leaning more toward letting it grow and seeing just how long I can grow it. So, I guess that means terminal length.

einna
February 3rd, 2011, 04:43 PM
I really dont know.. I started thinking just "longer", wich I suppose was about BSL. Now I`m leaning more against aiming for waist. I dont think I`ll go longer than that, but I really cant say. It depends on how long my naturally dry, F/M wants to grow, and how I like it longer, it has never been past BSL+.

Pixna
February 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
I'm thinking I will keep my hair at the longest length possible for me to still trim it myself. That will probably be tailbone or hip.

vanity_acefake
February 3rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
I am just going to see how long my hair will grow. So terminal length. I am excited to see how long that will be.

patienceneeded
February 3rd, 2011, 06:09 PM
Right now I am just wanting to see how long my hair can go and still be healthy. My initial goal is to hit waist and then maintain until I can get rid of the damage from chemical dying. I may grow to waist and then cut to BSL a few times until the damage is removed. Once the colored and damaged hair is gone I want to see how long it will go before deciding on a set length. I think I can hit waist this year, my hair grows pretty quickly. It helps that I have a short torso...

tinywife
February 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
I would absolutely love to have ankle-length hair, but I really don't know how that would look on me. Although an ankle-length braid would be AMAZING...

BunnyBee
February 3rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
As long as it will go. Why set a limit?

Speckla
February 3rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Hip length while curly.

gman4354
February 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
I want my bangs below my nose just above my lip, the sides about touching about halfway down my neck, and the back of my hair touching my shoulders.

PeaceLoveHair
February 3rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
I want mine at waist. I have about an inch to go if I dont trim, but I really want to thicken up the hemline so I think I'll do a mini trim soon. As long as I can enjoy waist length hair by summer I'm happy.

jesis
February 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM
Oohh I made a poll about this a while back! Anyone who hasn't already voted should. Id like as many as I can get!

EdG
February 3rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
I wanted to find out my terminal length.

I reached terminal length in mid-2008. :cheese:
Ed

Kat Girl
February 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM
At the moment I'm thinking my hair is too long because it is damaged and has bad layers. Although my goal is to grow healthy virgin hair as long as I possibly can. I think damaged hair is not good, but healthy hair can be knee length and be beautiful.

bellasophy04
February 3rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
My goal is a little for mine to be a bit bellow my armpits:o.

bellasophy04
February 3rd, 2011, 08:35 PM
My goal is a little for mine to be a bit bellow my armpits:o.
Actually I just looked at my hubby and his is about that length, so I changed my mind and want it hopefully above my waist.

Olyve
February 3rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Waist is my goal currently, but that can change. :)
I went from almost BSL to shoulder - so I have a ways to go!

IcarusBride
February 3rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
I don't know "exactly" how long I want my hair. Classic to mid-thigh sounds really good! With my extremely thin hair, I think I'd be happy if I can get to tailbone length in decent shape.

constancev18
February 3rd, 2011, 10:20 PM
Hip length would be perfect.

MrsGuther
February 3rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
My hair length goal is terminal length. I'm fascinated to see just how long my hair will grow if I treat it right and stop chopping several inches off of it once or twice a year.:D

McFearless
February 3rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
HIP. Curly hair is so hard to manage it gets complicated at APL. I can barely handle it and I'm at waist. If my hair was straight I'd probably grow to terminal.

Debra83
February 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
When I joined, my goal was waist. But I'm thinking hip now.....not sure yet though, so I haven't changed my goal yet. We'll see how I like waist if I ever get there this century.

Quixii
February 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
I want to have that feeling of the ends of my hair tickling the back of my knees. :)

Zindell
February 4th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I think I will be happy at waist length. :)
Any longer would probably look a bit out of proportions since I'm only 5'1 ...

I'm at BSL atm, with no layers and some strands for bangs, as I really like to have some bangs.

Silverdragn7385
February 4th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I want mine to go down to my hips. :D

jlw9222
February 4th, 2011, 11:57 PM
It's funny how we keep changing our minds on goal length. :) At first my goal length was waist, but once I made it, I wanted it longer...waist was just not long enough, of course. ;) I'm currently on a hip length goal...or maybe BCL...or maybe classic... :)

ktani
February 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Long enough for me to enjoy and still wear down. Mine is about waist length now and I am enjoying the length.

nucleardelusion
February 5th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I used to think waist or hips, but then I realized that was just an answer so people didn't totally look at me like I'm crazy... My boyfriend's hair has already grown longer than mine and his answer was, "I'll just see how long it gets," when I asked him a while back. I think I'm adopting that, because I just can't have him out-doing me. :p Plus, I don't really mind the "O.O" looks.

rose.grace
February 5th, 2011, 09:34 AM
About 6" past the floor. At least.

FoxRain
February 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM
My goal is waist, but unless I really, really like it that way I think I'll keep growing it out. If I get tired of it I can just cut it back to waist.

krissykins
February 5th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I can't decide if I want to stop at Tailbone or not. If I do grow longer, I wouldn't go any longer than classic.

But fairytale ends at tailbone = goal for now.

apfelblumen
February 5th, 2011, 10:06 AM
i don't really have a goal. each time i reach one i just want it longer and longer! now i'm trying to grow it out to my ankles. but even then, once i get to ankle, i'm going to want floor length.

Henrietta
February 5th, 2011, 10:10 AM
So far I moved my goal from TBL to knee and from knee back to classic. But who knows, maybe I will go to knee anyway:D

Vani1902
February 5th, 2011, 10:16 AM
For now, I think my goal will be waist(when stretched). I want to grow my hair at a length that I have never experienced in my life ( I hope that makes sense). My hair has never been at waist, lets get it there. :)

chelseamichelle
February 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I think I'll know when I get there, right now I'm thinking it'll be somewhere from hip to tailbone but I might not think it's long enough when I'm at that length. So I'm really not sure.. :P

Deborah
February 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I have always had long hair, and have never had a particular length in mind. When it gets to a length where it starts to annoy me, or when I'm just in the mood for a change, I cut some off - anywhere from about four inches to a foot. I always keep a blunt end length, either straight across or sort of U shaped. I don't like uneven, pointy or scraggly (what this list calls 'fairytale') ends at all. I don't think badly of other folks who wear their hair that way though. I think we all have to find what we think is pretty, and what makes us happy.

Most of the time I seem to like my hair below the waist, but not too far past tailbone. I'm at my longest now, about four or five inches past tailbone, with blunt ends, and will probably cut off at least a few inches soon. I have never regretted a cut. I guess I don't like the look of hair much longer than where I am now. I have no idea where terminal would be on me, and I don't care enough to let it grow and find out. My hair grows extremely fast. Maybe that's why my approach to length is much more casual than most LHC members, or maybe it's a personality thing.

Sunny_side_up
February 5th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Just passing breasts, maybe. If i get there and dont want it then it'll be up to APL

wendy51
February 7th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I guess i want them at least Mid back (L)

kmoc123
February 7th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Knee length for me...I am almost to classic and I am 50, too Skyblue!

MidnightMoon
February 7th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Tailbone *-*

chopandchange
February 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I don't know!

Longer! Much longer!

Maybe classic or mid-thigh...

twolunarspring
February 7th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I wouldn't want it longer than knee, because then it would be impractical to wear it down most of the time. I don't know whether my hair will even grow that long, or whether I'll like it as long as that, but I'd like it to be at least mid-thigh, I reckon.

pariate
February 7th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Waist length. I'm also hoping that since I cleared up the problems with my scalp (which seemed to cause CRAZY shedding rate) I'll get a little thickness back. The oil shampoo method may also be helping to reduce my shedding, but it's hard to know which factor is having the most effect. If a little thickness does start to come back, my length goal will take longer, as I'll have to trim quite regularly to let the new growth catch up!

slz
February 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Terminal, or floor length - whichever comes first. Hope it will be floor length :D .

lw8666
February 7th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Waist. When I get to waist in about 2 years, I'm just going to maintain that length forever! Seems like it'll never happen though because it's sooooo far away!

Bubbleguppy
February 7th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I was originally thinking hip, but am now thinking tbl. I want it to be long, but still at a length where I could wear it down :)

Zoui
February 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Mid-back length. But I'm pretty sure that when I reach that goal, I'll let it grow waist-length. My hair grows fast so it probably won't take long. Now it's a happy BSL. :)

Organic
February 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I am 56. I recently cut my waist length hair and stripped lots of the years of dark hair dye to help it transition. am not totally happy that I stripped it but it is still thick and does not look terrible. I am growing it out silver and I plan to grow my hair to waist length, where is was when I decided to stop ruining it with dye. If it grows longer than that...I will be thrilled. The virgin hair is one inch long right now. My hair is past my shoulders today. As it grows, I will trim the ends until there is not longer any dyed hair.

Dark Rosaleen
February 7th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I'm shooting for mid-back at the moment. It will be a while though since my hair is only about two inches long currently. I'd love to see if I can grow to waist but I have very fine hair so I don't know if it will make it.

So for now mid-back virgin colored hair.

LocustSpawning
February 7th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Tailbone length, I don't want it any longer after that.

Buddaphlyy
February 7th, 2011, 12:58 PM
When my crown stretches to hip length, I will consider my hair length goal met.

constantki
February 7th, 2011, 01:44 PM
classic length for me!!

DragonLady
February 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Long enough for an ankle-length braid..... So very far away, but I dream of it everyday. ;)

NotInPortland
February 8th, 2011, 03:51 PM
TBL for me I think, we'll see what happens :)

enfys
February 8th, 2011, 03:55 PM
50" is likely to be where I stop or return to if I pass it; that's fingertip. 10" to go. I'm 4" from classic so that's an intermediate goal for me.

ArienEllariel
February 8th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Long. At least tailbone but I'd prefer it if I get to knee.

BeachBabe91
February 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Waist! I wouldn't mind hip... but waist for starters. :)

gthlvrmx
February 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM
flooor!!! :)

Freki
February 13th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Knee length. I love the look of hair at that length.

growing2shine
February 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Since I was about 13-14, my dream length has been classic length... Now it's my goal! But I do like the look of knee length too. It depends a lot on how long my braid is when I reach classic length. My ultimate goal is to have a classic length braid, so maybe I have to go knee! :D (I really hope it's possible!)

Regan
February 13th, 2011, 04:25 PM
waist to tailbone. who am i kidding, i'll probably keep growing until it gets too hard to manage.

Alix
February 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I just want to be able to have a braid that goes past APL. And with my thickness that might take a while. But for now my goal is waist, hopefully I'll be able to do it then.

HikerTrash
February 13th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I thought I might like longer than hip length. But my hair doesn't seem to want to grow any further than that. It's starting to bug me. I may cut some off instead.

tarn
February 13th, 2011, 06:32 PM
At the moment waist is my goal length which is about 33 inches on me. Then I will probably work out if I want it layered at waist or blunt hem - or maybe just keep growing! :)

Druid of Alba
February 14th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I want tailbone length hair, with a nice v-shaped hemline, and faerietale ends. No layers.

nena_shawty
February 14th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I want tailbone... unfortunanly my hair is barley almost BSL ... and im triming so its gonna take while.. but im still gainng lenght im only trimming a 4th of an in. every two months... but I want the long hair enough i can be very patient if in has to do with something i really really want lol... i will have gorgeaous hair by the time i get to my goal, I just know that especially if im trimming and taking cair of my locks.. happy growing to all and i hope you get to your goal!!

longhairdream
February 14th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Mine is lower back / hip :)

TheBluffs
February 14th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Classic! I used to want waist, but I grew it there. Then hip, and now it is there. So I decided on a length that I could sit on. :p

Jeno86
February 15th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I want to grow until I can't grow any longer. But if I have to put a "limit" on my hair, I would say to my ankles at least. This will take a great deal of time seeing as I am just past BSL.

Napp
February 15th, 2011, 09:57 PM
i would like to be tailbone with the layers i have now but i would much prefer a blunt WL

Messyhair
February 16th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Well, I've always wanted classic, but it thinned last time when it got past waist... I'm on a wait-and-see basis with my hair right now. :rolleyes:

SwordWomanRiona
February 16th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Classic was my inmediate goal, and now I have achieved it, I plan to mantain for a good while. Maybe I'll give a try to mid-thigh, if my hair gets there, but I want to try to thicken up my ends first...

annieangel149
February 16th, 2011, 06:58 AM
i dream of having waist length hair!! :p :cool:

mira-chan
February 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm at the length I want now, but the ends are not in the condition I want so I'm waiting for the post shed growth to catch up a bit.

rena
February 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Originally, I thought I would like mine best at waist, but decided to re-think this because I have a sort of short, scrunched looking torso and I considered that maybe that would not equal much length for me, so I have settled on hip. I'll just have to see which length makes me happiest and make my final choice after I have seen what both are like. :)

Luna12345
February 22nd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Tailbone!!!! I think longer than that will be much too difficult to care for.

tigerhearted
February 23rd, 2011, 02:48 PM
I'd really like full-on waist-length hair. Currently my longest layer is just below waist-length, but I am due for a trim, and I have layers that are shorter. So my goal is for my shortest layer to be waist-length, without any scraggly ends.

Qadupae
February 23rd, 2011, 09:49 PM
I'm kind of stuck between waist or TB. I have a feeling that once I get to waist, I will end up at TB eventually just because I will b satisfied with my hair and just go into neglect mode and let it grow on its own ^_^

Sophistocat
February 23rd, 2011, 09:51 PM
Right now my hair is at my tailbone.I want them to reach my knees=)

kme81
February 23rd, 2011, 09:54 PM
My goal is classic!...but I still have a looong way to go. :)

battles
February 23rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
I would love to reach hip length..

LadyMydnytMoon
February 23rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
I wanted to grow it as long as i can handle, see if it can reach the floor then cut to classic or tailbone. It's around waist right now.

ghilliegirl_an
February 23rd, 2011, 10:08 PM
My goal for now is classic after I cut all the damage off while maintaining this length(between waist and tailbone) which is where my hair was before it was cut the last time. My big goal though is knee length, I've always wanted to grow my hair that long since I was a kid so I think that'll make me happy but at the same time I'm really curious how long my hair will get so maybe terminal. That's a long way off though so we'll see *day dreams about flowing knee length hair*. I also totally second the sailor moon buns I've always wanted to do that without it looking ridiculously short but I don't know that I'd want it quite as long as hers it's past her ankles and I can't imagine how painful it would be to have people stepping on my hair :(. This is such a fun thread.

-Ashley

Loreley
February 23rd, 2011, 11:37 PM
I want it about 2 inches above my knees. So that's lower thigh length, I think. :)

RancheroTheBee
February 23rd, 2011, 11:47 PM
I know this will make me sound a bit weird, comparatively, but I only want between APL and BSL. *shrug* Haha, I'm just not responsible enough to deal with more.

hanne jensen
February 24th, 2011, 12:48 AM
My final destination is at least knee. I don't know if I'll stay there, I just want to try it once in my life.

jackiesjottings
February 24th, 2011, 03:03 AM
I am going for knee too, because I have never had it that long. I suspect I might then cut back to a few inches below classic though.

Mirsha
February 24th, 2011, 03:08 AM
I looked it over recently and decided I'm happy with any length and don't strive for a certain goal anymore, as long as it looks good!

Rosalaun
February 24th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Another knee-length over here too. Short term (about 1.5 years) I'm aiming for waist, where I'm going to maintain for 6 months or so just to even out the ends and get rid of a few splits, then I'm going to carry on growing to hopefully knee. Depending on how I can handle that length I might choose to grow on to ankle/terminal or cut back to classic :)
Just hoping that my terminal length is long enough to let me get that far!

Mesmerise
February 24th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I honestly don't think I'll ever want hair beyond hip. It will take me awhile to get there though, cause once I get to waist I'm planning on staying there for AT LEAST a year to get my ends thickened up! Then it will be a few more months to hip and then... I'll just keep it there ;)

Of course, I don't know how I'll feel with no "hair ambition"! I've spent all my life aiming for some hair goal or other. I guess when I get it to goal length, the goal will be to get it 100% natural hair (henna only) and to have grown out all the chemical, which will take some time...as I've only got a bit over 1cm worth of "natural" hair!

Skjønnhår
February 24th, 2011, 06:16 AM
My final goal is classic. I just love classic length hair. Its so impressive.

IStand4u
February 24th, 2011, 07:43 AM
My final goal is either classic or tailbone when wet, that way when my hair is curly it's longer than waist :) but I think once I get to where my hair is curly and at my waist then I'll probly just trim and maintain for a bit then grow longer when it feels short or "normal" again :)

Yasmine91
February 24th, 2011, 08:17 AM
I'm stuck between waist, hip or tail bone length, guess I'll decide when I reach there :)

katienoonan
February 24th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I'd be over the moon with past Boob lenghth... I'd seriously consider waistlength hair over a lottery win right now :-(

Ais
February 24th, 2011, 08:24 AM
At the moment, waist, but I know that as soon as I get there I'll want more. I don't know if I'll go much further though, maybe hip or TB as a maximum, as I want to be able to wear it down - and my lifestyle dictates that sometimes I won't have any time to tame hair in the morning, so it needs to be pretty manageable! I will more than likely continue down past waist though, as I have a high waist - belly button length perhaps :P

Monkie
February 24th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I'd be happy with a healthy thick BSL length hemline, but basically my plan is once I get past APL to just dust the ends every few months and see how far I get.

wvgemini
February 24th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Probably waist. I came on here thinking BSL would be it for me, but now I'm thinking I will go on the wiast-length :) I've never had hair that long before and I really just want to see how it looks/feels. If I get annoyed with it I'm sure I can cut it back.

curlymarcia
February 24th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I want my hair at waist (and with NO layers). Is going to be a long process and I have learn so much things in these forum that I hope I have to cut less often now :)

Nipushiau
February 24th, 2011, 04:37 PM
When I first joined LHC, I was at 25 inches and my stated goal was 45 inches. If I get to 45 inches (and I'm now at 28 1/2 since October--with a 2 inch trim) I will probably try for ankle length next.

wavykisses
February 24th, 2011, 04:41 PM
waist,waist,waist!!!!!. But in a more realistic picture getting to BSL
will be awesome.