PDA

View Full Version : Should I get a side fringe?

Barniie
February 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Hey lhc!

I have a question. School is about to start for the new year, and I want to get a side fringe. I used to have one, and it looked good. Then it grew out, and it looked horrible (like a greasy strand plastered to my face :S )

I want to do something to my hair before school starts, but i'm not sure if I should get a fringe again. I liked how it looked, but I wanted to grow it out because it annoyed me. I think I want one again, but i'm not sure. Ideas?

I have a big forehead and blonde hair which tends to do what it wants. I usually have my part on the right side of my head.

PS: My face is round/square

Juneii
February 2nd, 2011, 10:39 PM
my bangs start to look bad after a certain length and ends up getting greasy and sticking itself to my face. Trimming every once in a while can help keep it look nice. If there are ever days where it looks greasy you can just pin them back. If you like how your hair looks with a side fringe more then I don't see why you shouldn't get them. :)

McFearless
February 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
I like my bangs short or grown out. The in-between stage bothers me. Do you remember why you grew out your bangs or how you felt when you had them?

Barniie
February 2nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Well I liked my side fringe but then I got a front fringe and it looked horrible (bad cut) and thats why i grew it out. i've posted a photo somewhere....

Barniie
February 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
found it! http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZfFbfxHi-y4/TDFAPYmzu0I/AAAAAAAAAB8/pY4LII-yHmM/s1600/200350edit.jpg

I might get a full fringe... but not one that looks like this!

kwaniesiam
February 2nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
If you liked the side fringe but didn't care for the straight across fringe and that's why you grew it out, go for the side one again.

McFearless
February 2nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
If you liked the side fringe but didn't care for the straight across fringe and that's why you grew it out, go for the side one again.

Thats what I was gonna say. You can always train blunt bangs to be a side fringe too.

Hylia
February 3rd, 2011, 12:57 AM
Maybe if you`re unsure you could try clip in bangs. I was thinking of getting these when I had the impulse to cut my bangs again. I think they look nice but usually people grow out of them really fast and then growing them out is a pain. I know mine as a bit past chin length and still annoy me.

Kaelee
February 3rd, 2011, 03:25 AM
I have side bangs and I <3 them!!!!!!

irishlady
February 3rd, 2011, 03:27 AM
I would suggest doing a side parting instead so that some of it falls lightly over your face, it'll have the same effect, but without the commitment, so that if you get sick of it, you're not stuck with it. I hope that makes sense, think Liv Tyler a few years back...

Barniie
February 6th, 2011, 12:40 AM
So, i want to go for the full fringe again, but this time i am getting a bit of a wispier one, with less straight across, it will fall aorund my face a bit. :) any ideas of how to say that to the stylist?