PDA

View Full Version : 10 months of squiggy's hair (pic heavy)

squiggyflop
June 9th, 2008, 02:30 PM
ok so ive been here for about 10 months now!.. getting closer and closer to a year!
here is me a week or 2 before joining
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/mecampblurface.jpg
my hair was a little past shoulder but nowhere near apl

here is me a few weeks after i joined right after my first henna.. my hair hadnt reached apl yet but it was getting there.. im pretty sure this was taken in september 2007.
(picture deleted to see why its popping up on yahoo image search)

somewhere between these two pictures i trimmed off 2 inches

here is me in november 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/1105071325crop.jpg
im a tiny bit past bsl in the picture

here is me in december 2007 looking a bit longer
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/dec2007lengthshot.jpg

february pics..here is february 2008 second day hair
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthfeb2008.jpg

here is march 2008 (about waist with scraggly damaged ends)
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmarch30th2008small.jpg

here is my trim back to bsl in april 2008
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/trimapril5th2008small.jpg
most of my layers are gone now.. 4 inches trimmed so far since joining..

here is my hair in may 2008.. almost back at waist.. not quite there yet..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmay10th2008.jpg

ok and here is my hair today june 9th 2008.. not much growth this month but a definate improvemant in health

please excuse the fly aways the wind was blowing while i took the picture.. the tieback on my dress is about waist maybe a bit lower than waist to accomadate droop since its not tied tightly..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/th_bluedressback.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/bluedressback.jpg)picture is clickable

its a bit fluffier this month.. i was thinking about how much shorter the picture looked this month and i realized that its not shorter its just spread out over my shoulders making my hair look wider which in turn makes it look shorter

sibylla
June 9th, 2008, 02:47 PM
You have really lovely hair Squiggy!!!
I love your waves!!

paper
June 9th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Your hair is beautiful. Looks so healthy too. Congrats :flower:

psvzum
June 9th, 2008, 02:52 PM
You've got such pretty hair! Thank you for sharing the pictures : )

squiggyflop
June 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
thanks everyone! i cant beleive its been 10 months already.. i still feel like a newb.. i just found out today that ETA here means edited to add.. i always read estimated time of arrival.. i could never figure out whyu they would put it in when no one was talking about arrival times..

Isilya
June 9th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Time flies when you're having fun :)

I said this last month and I'll say it again: you have amazing hair and I still can't believe how fast it grows :cheese:

<She>
June 9th, 2008, 03:26 PM
That is a great progress, squiggyflop! And now your hair is beautifull, all that body and the hemline looks very good. Keep on with the good work!

p.s. that's funny...estimated time of arrival:laugh:

squiggyflop
June 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Time flies when you're having fun :)

I said this last month and I'll say it again: you have amazing hair and I still can't believe how fast it grows :cheese:
yeah thanks.. usually my progress is more dramatic in my monthly progress photo thread.. sigh this month my hair only grew a tiny bit.. however it seems to be growing a bit faster now that ive started back on my vitamins.. i shouldnt have even put up this thread.. there really isnt enough progress from last month.. i guess its just a habit for me to put up a progress thread every month.. i hope i get enough growth this month to be able to post a really great picture next month.. or maybe ill have to wait until my one year anniversary..

That is a great progress, squiggyflop! And now your hair is beautifull, all that body and the hemline looks very good. Keep on with the good work!

p.s. that's funny...estimated time of arrival:laugh:
yeah the hemline has definatly improved with my april trim back to bsl.. i still remember my waist length scraggly ends..
i think i may have to buy some scissors to do some S&Ds with.. (my dad used my hair scissors to cut something and i never saw them again) good hair scissors are going to run me atleast 20$ ugh i really dont have the money right now..

Little_Bird
June 10th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Wow, what a nice thick red hair you have there! It seems to be growing fast too! Congratulations on your achievements!

Curlsgirl
June 10th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Gorgeous hair and color!!!! Keep it up!!! :cheese:

Xandergrammy
June 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Squiggy, you've had wonderful growth in the past 10 months. Your hair looks beautiful!

Saranne772
June 10th, 2008, 07:54 AM
WOW That is a LOT of growth!! :)

tiny_teesha
June 10th, 2008, 08:15 AM
very beautiful hair, i've always thought so. I also want to say henna REALLY suits you! :)

Siava
June 10th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I can see the improvements in your hair's health from pic to pic. Awesome growth rate!

Boon
June 10th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I like your hair! Lovely color and waves :thumbsup:

lapushka
June 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Amazing hair, and growth!

xrosiex
June 10th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Your hair is BEATIFUL!!! And it grows really fast. Congratulations on your first 10 months.:)

DavidN
June 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM
What wonderful growth, Squiggy, and your hair is so thick and healthy!

squiggyflop
June 10th, 2008, 05:53 PM
thanks everyone these comments make me feel a little better ive been depressed lately.. thank you everyone!

Sakura07
June 10th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Your hair has come a long way! The color is gorgeous as is your hair in general :)

Kiraela
June 10th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Wow! tis lookin' good, squiggy! And the 5th one from the bottom... in the stripey shirt? I absolutely ADORE that color. So. Very. Much.

squiggyflop
June 10th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Wow! tis lookin' good, squiggy! And the 5th one from the bottom... in the stripey shirt? I absolutely ADORE that color. So. Very. Much.
yeah my hair seems to be a different color in every light.. but thats henna for ya

squiggyflop
June 12th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Your hair has come a long way! The color is gorgeous as is your hair in general :)
aww thanks :flowers:

bex487
June 12th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I am SO JEALOUS of your hair growth! My hair is similar in length to your first two pictures, but no way will I be near BSL anytime soon. You're one lucky girl!

squiggyflop
June 12th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I am SO JEALOUS of your hair growth! My hair is similar in length to your first two pictures, but no way will I be near BSL anytime soon. You're one lucky girl!
you will be bsl before you know it:)

i wish it would grow that fast now.. ive been taking my vitamins for 18 days now.. ive only seen an increase in my nail growth.. the last time i took them my hair exploded with growth.. which is how i got to bsl so fast.. i havent really seen much growth.. i havent hennaed my hair in so long because of the lack of growth.. not since april 26th.. i dont even have an inch of roots yet.. my diet hasnt changed.. but ive been sick lately so maybe thats the problem.. but how do i keep myself from being sick..

EvaSimone
June 12th, 2008, 10:25 PM
so can I have some of your miracle grow!?! Geez I don't think I have ever seen hair grow so fast (and with a trim too!) and still have a very nice hemline.

I grew from APL to waist in 12 months but my ends are a mess. I am happy for you and green with envy too :D

By the way not only is your hair long and thick it's pretty too!

I think that deserves the dancing cheese. . . :cheese:

squiggyflop
June 15th, 2008, 02:35 PM
so can I have some of your miracle grow!?! Geez I don't think I have ever seen hair grow so fast (and with a trim too!) and still have a very nice hemline.

I grew from APL to waist in 12 months but my ends are a mess. I am happy for you and green with envy too :D

By the way not only is your hair long and thick it's pretty too!

I think that deserves the dancing cheese. . . :cheese:
miracle grow naw.. it was just some vitamins and less stress in the beginning of my time her at lhc.. now im totally stressed and my hair is growing quite slow.. though im not stressing about the slow growth.. i do wish it would get to waist again quickly so i can do a microtrim without feeling like ive lost a month and a halfs growth..
thanks for the cheese it sounds like you had fast growth too

busnutmedic
June 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Very nice!! It looks great :)

Bonnie

Oskimosa
June 15th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I can't get over that jump from September to November. Your hair just exploded out in a fiery blaze of henna :p

Look on the bright side of slow growth (as I must, each and every day..) You dont have to do root touchups NEARLY as often, and trims are almost totally unnecessary. But I don't get why my hair grows so slow when my mom and sister get like over an inch every month. I think i get between 1/2 inch and 3/4 of an inch each month. So, don't feel bad, especially since you're so close to your goal, right?

squiggyflop
June 15th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I can't get over that jump from September to November. Your hair just exploded out in a fiery blaze of henna :p

Look on the bright side of slow growth (as I must, each and every day..) You dont have to do root touchups NEARLY as often, and trims are almost totally unnecessary. But I don't get why my hair grows so slow when my mom and sister get like over an inch every month. I think i get between 1/2 inch and 3/4 of an inch each month. So, don't feel bad, especially since you're so close to your goal, right?

yeah that jump between september and november gets me too.. i wish i could reach all my minigoals in 2 months like i did then.. im even taking the same vitamins as back then and still the only thing thats growing fast is my nails.. (i love it when they grow fast.. i can bite them more often) but maybe its going to take a while for the vitamins to "kick in" for my hair.. i remember not getting much change for the first few weeks on them before..

yeah root touchups are kind of annoying but ive been anxious to start my new gloss only henna routine.. ive been going in the bathroom everyday trying to figure out if i should wait annother day.. i think my hair only really needs a gloss because my natural color is auburn so i dont think it needs much to take the color to red.. i already only use henna for less than an hour..

i wish i could say that trimming isnt necessary for me.. i used to bleach my hair white every month or so to dye my hair a new manic panic color.. i didnt know how to do roots only back then so i would bleach the whole head every time.. the hair was to fried that one day it caught fire when i was near an open flame.. it made a loud flumph noise.. my ends are so damaged that they split and break when i look at them funny.. henna has helped quite a bit though.. ive got quite a bit of the bleach that still needs to be cut out of my hair..

so close to my goal? oh you must mean my minigoal of waist length.. my final goal (i hope) will be classic.. im not sure if ill be able to make it there but ill try :)

Oskimosa
June 15th, 2008, 08:55 PM
*I think i can I think I can I think I can...*

...*I know I can I know I can...*

Lil engine that could taught me so much;)

squiggyflop
June 17th, 2008, 06:54 PM
*I think i can I think I can I think I can...*

...*I know I can I know I can...*

Lil engine that could taught me so much;)
every year at my high school my history/adult living teacher would read the book to the class.. then he would have everyone discuss the book.. try to imagine a class of 16-19 year olds all talking about what message they got from the book..

Indigo Girl
June 18th, 2008, 04:57 AM

Me too - that is such a beautiful rich shade.

Congratulations on your growing! Your hair looks wonderfully healthy. :flower:

Kyamo
June 18th, 2008, 05:13 AM
Shoulder to waist in less than a year, with trims? WOW your hair grows fast. I love the colour!

squiggyflop
June 18th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Me too - that is such a beautiful rich shade.

Congratulations on your growing! Your hair looks wonderfully healthy. :flower:
thanks!:D
its strange how people keep saying that they like a particular shade of my hair.. its pretty much the same color except it looks different in every light..

Shoulder to waist in less than a year, with trims? WOW your hair grows fast. I love the colour!
i went from shoulder to waist in 7 months.. i wish i could have kept the length and not trimmed back to bsl.. but my hair seemed to need alot of trims.. i guess that im glad my hair grew so fast because if my hair had grown at a normal rate and i trimmed off 4 inches i would have felt like i wasnt making any progress..

i wish my canopy would grow as fast as the underside.. my underside has like 9 inches of henna only hair and the top has like 6.. when i joined lhc i only had less than a half inch of virgin roots (if any).. so that means that my bottom side has grown 8.5 inches in the last 10 months.. so thats .85 inches a month for the bottom side of my hair and .6 inches for the canopy.. no wonder i can never seem to get rid of my layers.. my hair grows in layers..

Maravel
June 18th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Oh, Squiggy, your hair is just beautiful! I saw a picture of you with your "Mickey Mouse" hairstyle in another thread, and you are just a gorgeous girl.

I know what it's like to be going through tough times. Sometimes it seems like absolutely nothing is going right. Keep on going, though, because it's all that you can do.

*Big Hugs*