PDA

View Full Version : Night-time Hair Cover

Sashay
February 2nd, 2011, 09:42 AM
So I've been meaning to buy/make a hair cover for sleeping in, and I've been putting it off. But yesterday I found something perfect in my fabric scrap bag. I had a couple of skirts that are way too small for me, but they had pretty sleek fabric and an elastic band that just happened to fit my head perfectly. So now I have a night-time hair cover, with no work involved, and the ruffles look so pretty! :D

I don't know if anyone else is in the same predicament I was, but if you have any cute little girls' skirts lying around (that your daughter(s) might have outgrown), they might still have some use to you. ;)

I feel like a dork wearing a skirt on my head, but it works so well. :o

RavennaNight
February 2nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Hmm... That's a good suggestion! I'm looking for a possible sleep head-covering because one of my cats likes to make biscuits in my hair in the middle of the night. :lol: It's cute, but he's got claws...

Purdy Bear
February 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Iv been looking for some Satin type head covers, I do have satin pillowcases, but it gets cold here, so I need something on my head.

I do have satin material in my sewing stash, so you have made me think how I might make one (maybe a large circle with a double hem'd edge and some elastic). Now you have me thinking!

Copasetic
February 2nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
If it works, go for it! I don't have any too-small-skirts lying around, unfortunately. I use a plain black bonnet thing that I bought from Wal-Mart. It does the trick.