PDA

View Full Version : 6 Months at LHC! (Before and after pics)

Aurantia
January 31st, 2011, 09:05 PM
This is a repost as the original thread was accidentally deleted. (I made a double post :o and a helpful mod attempted to merge the two, then follow my instructions to delete one of the threads but it ended up wiping both out of existence... sorry to those that already commented!)

January is my 6th month at LHC. I took the time to take a decent hair photo the other night and was amazed at what I saw!

I joined LHC in June when I was desperate to save my hair from what I later learned was a protein disaster: for months no matter what I tried my hair continued to get worse and worse. If I had not found LHC when I did, I might have cut everything off believing my hair was beyond recovery. Thanks to this wonderful, supportive, informative community I now know more about my hair and what works for it (and why!) than I ever have, and my mane is almost as beautiful as it once was as a young girl.

As you can see by the below pictures, my length has now surpassed my starting point of BSL in June, despite a large chop to APL in July! I could not be more thrilled with the progress.

:cheese:

Thank you all for your continued support, helpful advice, and inspiring photos!

[Photos removed for privacy reasons]

Cailie
January 31st, 2011, 09:08 PM
One word : wow !!!
Lovely texture, great hemline, much improvement !

Aurantia
January 31st, 2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks so much, Callie! :flower:

It took a lot of trial and error to finally get successful results, but it was worth the work! I'm still amazed that the second picture is really my hair.

Cailie
January 31st, 2011, 09:20 PM
6 months is nothing ! you are so lucky to have had such amazing results so fast !
(but your hair looked quite healthy too to start with)

At this rythm, it will be amaaaazing in 1 year from now !

Lexy
January 31st, 2011, 09:28 PM
I helped!!!! :D

:silly:

Your hair is beautiful, by the way! I love the waves.

Rocket22
January 31st, 2011, 09:35 PM
Wow is right! your hair was great before and after is simply amazing! what fantastic progress, you should be thrilled!

Aurantia
January 31st, 2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks again, Lexy! :D For the thread help and the compliments. ;)

Rocket22, I blame the low quality of photos for "smoothing over" the damage in the first photo: what you can't see is the choppy layers, endless splits and dry, dry ends. It was a mess to behold and worse to touch. Anyone who has experienced protein overkill can attest to the negative affect it can have on your hair: I had been overloading it for a year at this point.

Now I am proud to say that my hair feels as nice as it looks. Thank you for the praise! :)

Phexlyn
February 1st, 2011, 01:07 AM
Congrats, that's some awesome growth! I love your wavies :)

Ishje
February 1st, 2011, 01:53 AM
your hair looks great! much thicker! very nice!

Aurantia
February 3rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Phexlyn, aren't they pretty? I was fussing over them for ages after the photo was taken -- I'd never had such lovely braid waves before. :flower:

Ishje, I didn't know that the thickness of my hair had increased until the side by side comparison. Less shampooing = less shedding and apparently a greater circumference! :D

Aurantia
February 3rd, 2011, 03:57 PM
I finally found a pic of my blunt cut to APL (added in original post) -- what a difference! :happydance:

Pixna
February 3rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
I LOVE your hair!!! Just gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your outstanding progress!!! :toast:

Red_Wednesday
February 3rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
Your hair looks amazing!!

ETA: 6 months is a relatively short time, and your results are fabulous! Care to share your routine...pretty please *bats eye lashes*.:D

JulietCapulet
February 3rd, 2011, 05:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8zs7y.jpg,http://i.imgur.com/hmCts.jpg

luluj
February 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Beautiful!! I love your hair!

Anywhere
February 3rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
Very pretty. I love your wavies. Congrats! :cheese:

Dina L.
February 3rd, 2011, 06:13 PM
Wonderful hair, I'm glad you didn't chop it off!

MissManda
February 3rd, 2011, 06:18 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous! Congratulations! :flower:

Aurantia
February 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Thank you all for the encouragement and compliments! :flower:

This is really the first time in two years that I've been truly happy with the condition and appearance of my hair; I love having a place to celebrate with people who understand.

JulietCapulet, you've seen some excellent growth, and your hair looks equally lovely in both pictures.

Dina L., me too! :D

Red_Wednesday, my "routine" has been all over the place, if you want a full account of my journey from the first picture to the last you can find all the sorted (boring) details in my blog.

A list of what I'm doing now: strictly fingercombing, washing once a week using Everyday Shea Shampoo followed by ACV rinse, catnip treatment, condition with Everyday Shea Conditioner, sleeping on a silk pillow case, lots of SMTs in the summer, occasional caramel treatments in the winter, 3-7 scalp massages per week, mister bottle with distilled water, EVOO & aloe, beer rinses, snacking on brazil nuts.

Henrietta
February 5th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Wow! Fantastic waves! And what a positive post:) Good to know that your hair is better. And I love your siggy pic. I have just noticed it :)

Sunny_side_up
February 5th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Your hair looks glorious:) Such lovely volume and looking sooo healthy:thumbsup: