PDA

View Full Version : Have I done it???

julliams
January 31st, 2011, 07:44 PM
Am I at "Can I call this Waist?" I know it's just the tippy tips but they seem to be there, right?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5295/5405984449_0b175bb0ca.jpg

It's over 36 degrees celcius today so my hair has dried really really quick and the air seems to have sucked the moisture right out of it so it looks a little more frizzy than normal and not much curl to report.

HintOfMint
January 31st, 2011, 07:50 PM
What a gorgeous color!

You are definitely hovering just above waist and are very close, with one or two strands at waist. I think that is "Can I call this waist?" territory.

MissManda
January 31st, 2011, 07:50 PM
Your hair is *very* close to waist in the photo, but not quite. :flower:

sarahramen
January 31st, 2011, 07:52 PM
ALMOST!!! next month definitely

pepperminttea
January 31st, 2011, 07:52 PM
Ever so nearly!

Capybara
January 31st, 2011, 07:53 PM
I think so! It looks to be just above your elbows, that's the same place as waist on me :)

Your hair is so pretty, I don't see any frizz to speak of. If you can't handle it, feel free to send some of that warm weather here, we sure could use it!

julliams
January 31st, 2011, 07:58 PM
If you can't handle it, feel free to send some of that warm weather here, we sure could use it!

Oh no, it's disgustingly hot. It's so hot all you can do is just sit and do nothing. I have a house full of things that need doing but it's just too hot. Give me 10 degrees less any day!!!

virgo75
January 31st, 2011, 08:01 PM
Waist or not, your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

Dragon
January 31st, 2011, 08:07 PM
I see two strands touching so yep, congrats :)

xoxophelia
January 31st, 2011, 08:07 PM
I think this might be a photo where it looks like it might be but because of the angle it is still slightly above. On the other hand though your hair is wavy. If it it there even more so when it is wet I would call it waist.

Xandergrammy
January 31st, 2011, 08:09 PM
I would call it waist. Your waves take up a little bit of the length. Straightened out, your hair reaches your waist. :joy:

ericthegreat
January 31st, 2011, 08:12 PM
You have a few strands that are barely touching your waist, but your overall length would still need to grow at least another inch before the V-point of your hemline reaches waist length fully. You'll get there very soon! :)

OUKess
January 31st, 2011, 08:53 PM
Great looking hair!!! And you are so close!!!!

spidermom
January 31st, 2011, 08:54 PM
Congratulations on your lovely length (and I don't know if I've already posted in this thread or not).

Cybelle
January 31st, 2011, 08:55 PM
Almost there hun and your hair is a wonderful color. You will be in waist territory for sure in a month or two. So close :cheese: haha I love that dancing cheese thing...

mellie89
January 31st, 2011, 09:31 PM
I'd say that you are at "Can I call this waist?" Another month or so and you'll definitely be there. I have some serious hair envy going on... I absolutely love your color and texture!

Avital88
February 1st, 2011, 01:54 AM
I remember being at this point too in september! You are very close but IMO you need another inch to make it official..
Congrats and happy growing, as someone else already mentioned : next month you will be there

milagro
February 1st, 2011, 01:56 AM
I think it'd be exactly WL if completely straight. Congratulations :flower:

Lassie
February 1st, 2011, 02:26 AM
You have bits touching waist, so *I* would call it waist.
And as others mentioned - waves eat up lenght, so if you hair was pulled straight it would certainly be waist
Congrats :flowers:

Mesmerise
February 1st, 2011, 03:48 AM
I bet if it was straight it would definitely be at waist ;)

redneckprincess
February 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
id say so!!! congrats :)

lapushka
February 1st, 2011, 12:49 PM
The cord or line around your waist is a little crooked and tilted downward in the middle, it seems. I'd say you've reached WL!

CastaDiva
February 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Your hair is gorgeous:) And I would say you are almost at waist. Just a few more weeks and you`ll definately be there:)

tinti
February 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
I'd say so! At least "can I call it waist". In a month or two you'll be there for sure :cheese:

Chiara
February 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Your hair looks lovely, congratulations on all that length!

I hear you on the heat- 37 degrees here yesterday, and 29 already at 8am this morning, ugh! And we're not going to get a break until next Monday...

WynneWear
February 1st, 2011, 02:41 PM
Your hair is wavy so I'd say that it could be considered waist if it were either wet or stretched out. :) Your color and texture is lovely! Such pretty waves, too.

jeanniet
February 1st, 2011, 02:53 PM
You have a few hairs touching waist, so I say it's waist. Lovely hair, too!

julliams
February 1st, 2011, 03:46 PM
I hear you on the heat- 37 degrees here yesterday, and 29 already at 8am this morning, ugh! And we're not going to get a break until next Monday...

I know, I know! It was 36 degrees in my house yesterday at around 9pm. It was a few degrees cooler outside so we took ourselves outside for the evening (thank goodness for laptops!) and I stuck my feet in a paddling pool. I actually considered sleeping on a camp bed on the deck last night but the thought of waking up with insect bites all over me killed it and I went and slept in my ridiculously hot bedroom.

At least there is a breeze today! But yes, it's 9:46am and it's already 33 degrees in my house again. Argh!!!

Coan-Teen
February 1st, 2011, 03:53 PM
I say, yes, you are in Can I call this waist? territory. Congratulations! Soon you'll be at true waist, and what beautiful reds.

long&blonde
February 1st, 2011, 05:58 PM
Think we are very close in length; I have strands just as you do;tickling thru a waist tatoo of roses I have on my back. I like to think I'm at waist;but will like it better when more of the strands are solidly down there! But your hair IS gorgeous:whatever the length! This trying to be a reformed Nice & Easy home hair dyer was taking my glasses off & studying that gorgeous color! Beautiful! I'd say: Strawberry Blonde? What do you officially call it?

julliams
February 1st, 2011, 06:20 PM
Yes I call it Strawberry Blonde. It's really hard to get an accurate photo of it. In different light it can look totally different, like all hair I guess. Now it's about 5% grey as well but my greys are white so they just kind of look blonde.

This is a closeup of a photo that was taken outside in natural light back in June http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5294/5408736941_b3121ca9c6.jpg