PDA

View Full Version : How much does your hair type vary?

Ohio Sky
June 9th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Ive found that depending on what washing method I use and how I dry my hair, oil, etc., I can be anywere between a i/ii and a ii/iii, and anywhere from a 1a to a 1c.

Anyone else experience this drastic a difference?

Euphony
June 9th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty far into the iii so I don't go below it, but I go anywhere from 2a to 2c on any given day. I haven't figured out what causes what so it's a crap shoot right now.

florenonite
June 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I go between ii/iii and iii, and vary between about 1c and 2a overall. However, I also get days when the front of my hair is about 2c and the back remains 1c and refuses to curl.

Tangles
June 9th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I can go from a 1c to a 2b depending on my length, how I dry my hair, and what product I use, and the weather outside.

I'm a 2c when I cut short layers into my hair, which is why I went back to all one length.

mira-chan
June 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Anywhere from 1c to 2b and in thickness ii/iii to iii. The waviness usually depends on time from last wash. It goes straighter as time goes on though some things will straighten it straight away, such as Camellia oil.

spidermom
June 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM
For no reason that I can easily identify, my level of wave/curl ranges from 1B to 3A. My thickness is ii/iii but I keep it at iii to be fair to the ii types who are at the lower end of that range.

Eden Iris
June 9th, 2008, 12:54 PM
After washing, I am a 2c; any other day it varies from 1c to 2b depending on humidity and what style my hair was in last. Volume doesn't change; it's a ii, closer to i than iii.

Curlsgirl
June 9th, 2008, 12:59 PM
My thickness varies from like 4.5 to 5 something but my type can go from 1c or so to at least 3b. Sometimes it is all on my head at the same time! :bigeyes:

doodlesmart
June 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM
My waviness ranges from about a 1b to a 2b. Various things such as product, washing method, weather all affect it.

psvzum
June 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
The more frizz/poof my hair gets the thicker it seems. The degree of curl in my hair can vary from 3A after my morning wash to 2b the next morning. Alot depends on the weather and the products I put in my hair.

jel
June 9th, 2008, 03:31 PM
My hair varies between 1b and 2c. Depending on the washing method, product, water, humidity, and probably the moon sign too!

mugglemomof3
June 9th, 2008, 03:34 PM
The more moisturized my hair is (either from a washing method or from taking better care of it) the curlier it is.

That said, on a good day, I've got 1c on my canopy and sides, 2c on most of my hair, and 3a or even 3b underneath.

FrannyG
June 9th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Every day in every way, no matter the situation, I'm 1a.

WavyGal
June 9th, 2008, 06:11 PM
My hair thickness can range from a II (in less humid climates although it rarely is this thin) to a III (which is normal). My hair texture usually is around a 3a, though on really bad days it can be a 1c to really really good days in which it is a 3a/b mix. Some would say that it would even get to a 3b, but I am not willing to go that far.

Flying Betty
June 9th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Not much. The thickness doesn't change, it's always dead fine, and it always behaves like straight hair. It can be practically 1a if I don't let it touch anything while it dries, or 1c if I sleep on it wet and let it dry under me that way. But other than that the only waves I get in my my hair are from where it drapes on my body. It's pretty stubborn that way.