PDA

View Full Version : Comments Notification

ladiosaRosa
March 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I went to 'Blog Control Panel'>Default Subscription Mode: Blog Comments and set it to 'No email notification'. A member and I 'tested' it and I don't think I got a notification. Where/How could I expect to get a Comments Notification?

Thank you so much.

physicschick
March 12th, 2008, 12:33 PM
In your Blog CP, you can find links for both blog subscriptions and blog post subscriptions. I especially like the blog post subscriptions, since I can't remember where I leave comments.

ladiosaRosa
March 12th, 2008, 12:50 PM
In your Blog CP, you can find links for both blog subscriptions and blog post subscriptions. I especially like the blog post subscriptions, since I can't remember where I leave comments.

I only see options for Blog Entry subscription and Blog Comments subscription......not blog post subscription? Can you elaborate?

physicschick
March 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I meant Blog Entry Subscriptions, sorry. If you click there, you should see a list of all the blog entries that you commented on since you turned on the subscription.

ladiosaRosa
March 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I meant Blog Entry Subscriptions, sorry. If you click there, you should see a list of all the blog entries that you commented on since you turned on the subscription.

Ahh yes.....I see that now. Thank you for guiding me, physicschick.

So, the only possible way for me to know if someone leaves a comment to an entry in my blog, is if I request email notification. Right?

capelli lunghi
March 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Ahh yes.....I see that now. Thank you for guiding me, physicschick.

So, the only possible way for me to know if someone leaves a comment to an entry in my blog, is if I request email notification. Right?
The only other way I know that you can get notified of blog comments is if you have them on moderation.. then you will get the little notification up in the corner of the page. Then you can go approve them/read them at the same time.

ladiosaRosa
March 12th, 2008, 03:20 PM
The only other way I know that you can get notified of blog comments is if you have them on moderation.. then you will get the little notification up in the corner of the page. Then you can go approve them/read them at the same time.

Oooohhhh! How very clever, capelli lunghi. I might just consider that.

physicschick
March 12th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Actually, I have somehow set it so that I'm subscribed to my own blog entries automatically (with no e-mail notification), and they show up in that same list even if I haven't commented on them. I can't check the settings now, since I'm on a really bad internet connection, but I think it was on the same section of the Blog CP as the other subscriptions that you already set up.

capelli lunghi
March 12th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Actually, I have somehow set it so that I'm subscribed to my own blog entries automatically (with no e-mail notification), and they show up in that same list even if I haven't commented on them. I can't check the settings now, since I'm on a really bad internet connection, but I think it was on the same section of the Blog CP as the other subscriptions that you already set up.
Aha.. Under Blog Control Panel....

Default Subscription Mode: Blog Entries When you post a new blog entry, you can choose to automatically add the entry to your list of subscribed entries (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog_subscription.php), with the option to receive email notification of new comments to that blog entry.

That should do it, then!

ladiosaRosa
March 14th, 2008, 03:28 PM

OK, I've done the same thing, physicschick. The 'comments' do, indeed, show up there. Thanks for guiding me.

Aha.. Under Blog Control Panel....

Default Subscription Mode: Blog Entries When you post a new blog entry, you can choose to automatically add the entry to your list of subscribed entries (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog_subscription.php), with the option to receive email notification of new comments to that blog entry.

That should do it, then!

Thanks for stopping in to contribute, capelli lunghi; I think opting for subscribing to entries is going to do it for me.