PDA

View Full Version : could i be at classic (video evidence)

squiggyflop
January 30th, 2011, 08:39 PM
ok well my cell phone cam stinks so i havent taken pictures in forever..

but i did a video today for my weird way that i finish braids, when i pull my hair over my shoulder it always results in a twisted, bent braid so i pull it over my head instead..

anyway so i was watching the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7NO8yq0VCI) and i realized, i might be at classic length.. but i need others to confirm it.. so if those of you who's computers have the ability to watch youtube could watch this and give me the verdict i would be very grateful..

oh yeah im wearing a corset in it, just ignore it.. i have chronic pain (mostly in my back) and i wear a corset in place of those ugly medical braces sometimes to immobilize my torso, i had just shot a video of me showing how to put it on all by myself (as apposed to having help).. and yeah i know the corset isnt very tight.. i dont tighten very tight when i first put it on, i do it only a little tight and then retighten it later.. but the video isnt about the corset so please just ignore it,

so whats the verdict? am i at classic length? and im sorry to those with dailup, i cant get a good picture with my cam phone and i dont know how to do a still from a video without final cut pro (which i dont have at home)

Capybara
January 30th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Looks like classic to me! Congratulations :D Can you sit on it?

pepperminttea
January 30th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Definitely looks like classic to me - congratulations! :cheer:

Incidentally, I was struck by how much your texture is similar to mine, especially in how it moves after brushing. It's quite comforting to see someone else with it (albeit a much more adventurous colour than mine!). :)

Kherome
January 30th, 2011, 09:09 PM
It's either classic or within an inch or so of it!

Aleria
January 30th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Looks like classic to me
Also: you're so pretty! I just had to comment on that, haha.

chelseamichelle
January 30th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I would call that classic. Congratulations!

Cowgirl16
January 30th, 2011, 09:22 PM
:joy:It looks like Classic to me; Congratulations!

Dragon
January 30th, 2011, 09:25 PM
It looks classic, congrats :)

Cybelle
January 30th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Looks Classic to me. Congrats.:cheese:

spidermom
January 30th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Looks like "can I call this classic length?" Yes, you can.

pennyroyal
January 30th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Looks like classic to me, squig! Congrats! That is so awesome. Your hair is gorgeous, by the way. I have always adored it. The color is beautiful too. :)

ericthegreat
January 30th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Yes, you can definitely call that classic length. :) You have wonderful hair, I love the bright red shade you have, and I was surprised to see how thick your hair is also.

gossamer
January 30th, 2011, 10:23 PM
You and your hair are awfully pretty, lady.

PiroskaCicu
January 30th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Congrats, Squiggy!! Your hair is beautiful and you are also gorgeous. :)

Joliebaby
January 31st, 2011, 02:27 AM
Yes, it looks like classic!
Pretty pretty hair, and a cool way to braid your hair!!!!!! I have to remember this..

Peter
January 31st, 2011, 03:47 AM
Looks like classic to me! I've said this so many times but I love the color.

Also, I tried the squiggybraid technique and it worked a lot better than I thought it would. Thanks for the tip! :D

Avital88
January 31st, 2011, 03:51 AM
Yeeeey!! beautiful hair and classic lenght! congratulations

naereid
January 31st, 2011, 04:11 AM
My hair bends when I bring it over my shoulder too! It's been driving me CRAZY for a long time. I'm definitely gonna try your technique, so thanks for making the video.

P.S.
Your hair is oh so gorgeous.

milagro
January 31st, 2011, 04:35 AM
Your hair is gorgeous :flower:

Belisarius
January 31st, 2011, 04:46 AM
Well, sorry but I think you are just short.

lupiae
January 31st, 2011, 05:08 AM
Congrats, Squiggy!! Your hair and you are beautiful.

For the classic lenght maybe you need just one inch or less.
But I can be wrong, it's maybe just because the video is not well aligned with the end of your hair and the perspective drive me to a mistake

Purdy Bear
January 31st, 2011, 05:09 AM
I think your at classic, I see it just as the leg starts from the buttocks.

I adore the corset, you look great in it, its also made me think I may do the same as I have a horrendous problems with my back.

smileycat
January 31st, 2011, 05:41 AM
Yup, definitely looks like classic!

Wanderer09
January 31st, 2011, 06:15 AM
Alllllmost classic. Almost! One more inch to go?

You are one gorgeous lady, by the way. :)

turquoisebud
January 31st, 2011, 07:03 AM
I'd say it was classic! I love your hair! :) It's very similar, in texture, to mine. I hope mine looks like yours when it's longer. Even a little bit! :p

Alaia
January 31st, 2011, 08:02 AM
I would call that classic. You have a gorgeous colour!

And a great corset ;)

lapushka
January 31st, 2011, 08:11 AM
It's either classic or within an inch or so of it!

Yep, that's what I think. It looks like it is classic, but it's hard to tell because of the constant movement of your hair. I tried to freeze the vid several times to try and make sure, but it's hard to do! So yeah, classic or within an inch of it. Enough IMO to say yes, you can call it classic. :)

sparkle'n'bling
January 31st, 2011, 04:35 PM
I would definitely call that classic.

triumphator!
January 31st, 2011, 04:38 PM
Absolutely! And you don't have to apologize so much, we all love you :)

CinnamonCurls
January 31st, 2011, 07:10 PM
It was hard to tell since the length was only still for a few frames or so, but I am thinking you're just about an inch shy. From the camera angle and the constant moving, it seems as if you're still right at the south edge of the buttock, and not yet to where the leg joins and begins.

Give it just a tiny bit more...I am probably exactly where you are as well, as I can hold my hair and clearly make it touch my leg, but that's with it pulled a tiny bit taught, and not just laying naturally and touching my leg on it's own...and then when it's wet and in the shower it's even longer....ggahhhh!!! Great job on either reaching or being utterly close to classic!

MissManda
January 31st, 2011, 07:10 PM
If that isn't classic, then it is very close. If it's an inch or so off, I'll bet that if you don't take your lovely waviness into account, you're probably there. :D

The way you braid is very logical, IMO, and I think that it is awesome that you've found such a good way to adapt. :) I'll have to try that once my hair gets longer. I like how you explain what you're doing as you are doing it, which makes things very easy to follow.

I must also comment that your hair moves/behaves a lot like mine does when I'm having a poofier hair day. :bigeyes: It's quite astounding, actually. I love your color and length! *Has serious length envy going on.*

squiggyflop
February 1st, 2011, 10:49 AM
thanks for all the replies.. im gonna call it "can i call this classic" length..
i found a way to freeze frame on my depoofed hair from the video.. its now my new siggy.. looky.. barely can i call this classic.. needs maybe 2 inches to be there on wavier days.. 4 more inches to be there on my curly days

and a special thanks to people who called me pretty, really made my day

vanity_acefake
February 1st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Wow congratulations. Definately classic.
Your hair is gorgeous.

squiggyflop
February 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM
here
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/jan30th2011.jpg
yeah, so here is the freezeframe

Anywhere
February 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
I saw this video the other day. I'd say you're close, but it seems like you tilted your head back for that part in the video (although I could be mistaken). Your voice is cute and I love your hair color/length. :D:D

off topic p.s., I liked your video on dorm cake. Must try that some time.

squiggyflop
February 1st, 2011, 11:28 AM
I saw this video the other day. I'd say you're close, but it seems like you tilted your head back for that part in the video (although I could be mistaken). Your voice is cute and I love your hair color/length. :D:D

off topic p.s., I liked your video on dorm cake. Must try that some time.

actually i bring my head forward to braid my hair.. but i think the camera angle might be weird so im calling it "can i call this classic" length.. the reason i bring my head forward is because if i dont tilt my head forward to braid it comes out weird and loose at the neck so i look slightly down while doing it.. also with the corset my curvature of the spine is diminished making my torso longer.. so it actually looks longer when im not wearing the corset.. lol isnt that weird?

and im glad you liked the cake vid, :flowers: im actually eating a devils food 'dorm' cake right now, but this one is a bundt cake instead of a layer cake..

BrightEyes
February 1st, 2011, 11:31 AM
Classic or not, your hair is gorgeous! I love the rich color and waves.

BrightEyes7
February 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM
I'd call it classic... or your just almost there...

I also hate that my braid curves if I bring it around. I just braid straight back until my arms don't reach anymore. Then I let the braid slack a little so I can continue braiding straight back. Did that make sense? Hope it did. Because I can't think of another way to explain it.

Of course you're pretty squig!! You and your awesome hair!!

virgo75
February 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
You and your hair are so pretty! :)

If you're not classic, then you'rethisclose.

RitaPG
February 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
Haha I love the new signature :D

UltraBella
February 1st, 2011, 06:56 PM
I say it's so darn close that you can call it classic. I just think your hair is so pretty and you are just lovely !!!

Sheltie_Momma
February 1st, 2011, 07:47 PM
This is just a cute video - you are so pretty and it was just fun to watch. I am going to try your method - I hate how my braid twists but my muscle memory is too strong to overcome it (if that makes any sense, like I pull it over my shoulder and mentally tell myself to adjust but then just can't.) Anyways, yes I think you are at classic as much as I can tell with moving - woo hoo!

Fadedbluedreams
February 1st, 2011, 07:51 PM
classic and love the corset :)

CariadA
February 1st, 2011, 08:51 PM
That looks classic to me!
You have beautiful hair!

P.S. I haven't seen any long hair in CT. I'm in Avon (which is kind of an older community... but I'm only 23). So it's nice to see some beautiful, long hair here!

growing2shine
February 2nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
I would call it classic! :cheer: Congratulations! And cute video! :D

lapushka
February 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Your freeze frame says it all. That sure looks like classic length to me! :thumbsup:

princessp
February 2nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
You are definitely at classic hooray! Cute video!