PDA

View Full Version : My first post-LHC trim, with pics!

Jenn of Pence
January 30th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Well, last week I finally decided that it was time to let go of a little bit of length. My last trim was April 2010. After ending up at APL (the shortest I could remember my hair being since at least junior high) in order to get rid of a ridiculous amount of heat damage, I was devastated! Hence I quickly found LHC and drastically changing my hair routine so that would never happen again. My hair is definitely the healthiest it's ever been after nine months here, but the leftover damage will still need to be trimmed off over the next few years. I decided to go for an inch now and see how it goes from there.

I probably wouldn't have posted about just a trim, but I really wanted to share what my stylist said to me. While getting my hair washed and trimmed, she kept telling me how beautiful and healthy my hair was and how lucky I was to have it. She said she never gets to work with hair like mine; most people who come in are heat and chemically damaged. Well, heaven knows I was one of those heads of hair at my last trim nine months ago! But thanks to LHC that has completely changed. I am indeed blessed to have my hair, and instead of abusing it like I used to, I can only thank all of you on this site for the wonderful support and information to help me make the most of what I've been given.

I should also add one quick thing I found funny. I was quite nervous about making sure the stylist didn't take off too much. In an effort to make sure we communicated effectively, I asked if I could see how much she was going to take off. When she showed me her definition of an inch, I almost laughed...it was a lot smaller than my definition! Maybe 1.5 cm or so. I even told her she could take off just a touch more. :D

And, of course, before and after pics! I went from just a little over 28" to right at 27".

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/JennofPence/100_1688.jpg

Cailie
January 30th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, on both pictures.
Very happy for you that you have a great stylist ! you must have been very happy to hear such nice compliments

BrightEyes
January 30th, 2011, 04:01 PM
It sounds like you've found yourself a great hairstylist. Your hair is lovely, so thick and shiny. I'm still trying to quit all the heat styling and chemical dying. It's so motivating to hear when someone has seen the benefits of treating their hair better. Great job!:cheese:

JuneBride
January 30th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Looks Perfect!!! Congrats!!!

Rocket22
January 30th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I think your hair looks extremly healthy!! So you went from AP to WL in 9 months? thats crazy growth!!! You lucky girl :)

Una
January 30th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Yay! I am glad you found a good stylist. And your hair IS extremely healthy and beautiful. Your hair grows very fast indeed!

Dragon
January 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I am very glad you found a great stylist. Your hair looks very shiny and healthy. :)

GuardGirl
January 30th, 2011, 07:27 PM
ok, just have to say I'm a little teesy bit jealous. at 27" my hair would only be just touching the bottom of my bra strap. Great growing! :)

virgo75
January 30th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous and healthy! :)

I'm so glad you were able to get the trim you wanted.
It looks fantastic. :flower:

arc691
January 30th, 2011, 07:39 PM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/kapper0.gif Congratulations on your trim! Your hair is beautiful~ not a hint of damage at all! Just one super-healthy head of hair! http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/1sm102heart1.gif

longlockenvy
January 30th, 2011, 07:41 PM
looks great! Your hair color is amazing!

lindaton
January 30th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Your hair is beautiful and so healthy!

ericthegreat
January 30th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Very nice. Your ends are nice and thick now, and the stylist didn't take off too much length. That's amazing that you were at APL just 9 months ago, your hair grows quite fast!

Heartwillfollow
January 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Beautiful Jenn.. congratulations for having such healthy changes :)

pizzellaman
January 31st, 2011, 05:15 AM
Congratulations for you hair. This little trim make it healthier and your hair can now grow even better.

freckles
January 31st, 2011, 05:19 AM
It looks great both before and after. I agree with everyone else who said that's really fast growth -- I'm jealous :)

Jenn of Pence
January 31st, 2011, 09:13 AM
Thank you all for the sweet comments! :)

ok, just have to say I'm a little teesy bit jealous. at 27" my hair would only be just touching the bottom of my bra strap. Great growing! :)

Very nice. Your ends are nice and thick now, and the stylist didn't take off too much length. That's amazing that you were at APL just 9 months ago, your hair grows quite fast!

I am short and incredibly short-waisted, so the trip was really quick indeed. It only required about five inches to get from past-APL to my natural waistline. I didn't measure my hair for a couple of months after the trim, so that total number is based on an extrapolation from those later months of growth rate I did record.

Smile4Kiki
January 31st, 2011, 09:24 AM
Congrats on the trim and finding a good stylist! I recently had my hair trimmed again after getting a chin length cut in April 2010 and had a similar experience with the comments from the stylist. She was in awe of how healthy my hair was (thanks to LHC!) and cut off a lot less than I anticipated :)

Avital88
January 31st, 2011, 10:34 AM
Lovely healthy hair! Good to hear 9 months only can make a huge difference! That will keep me motivated for the rest of the year :)

Fiordiligi
January 31st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Wow, your hair looks lovely and healthy, and thanks for passing on your stylist's comments, very inspiring to all of us trying patiently to grow out our damage!

Lila_grace
January 31st, 2011, 11:15 AM
Awesome growth and I love your color!!! Wish my natural color was that rich :)

Valdeon
January 31st, 2011, 11:56 AM
but I really wanted to share what my stylist said to me. While getting my hair washed and trimmed, she kept telling me how beautiful and healthy my hair was and how lucky I was to have it. She said she never gets to work with hair like mine; most people who come in are heat and chemically damaged.

Oh, this is truly inspiring!!!

And your hair looks amazingly healthy, in such perfect condition before aaand after the trim :inlove:

Medievalmaniac
January 31st, 2011, 12:55 PM
It looks great!! Congratulations on your great salon trip! Happy growing! :)

CaveB
January 31st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Hooray for good stylist experiences! Working in a salon, it makes me so sad to see so many bad experiences! Beautiful hair too!

Malibu Barbie
January 31st, 2011, 02:36 PM
Your hair turned out beautiful. I love my stylist its great you found one that works for you. It really makes a world of difference when you can find someone you trust!!:)

utdesertrunner
January 31st, 2011, 02:39 PM
Your color and shine are stunning! Your stylist did a great job too!

leslissocool
January 31st, 2011, 02:44 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous! The after picture just looks like you have no flyaways whatsoever, which makes the trim so worth it!

:cheese: