PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in seeing my wedding hair? (pic heavy!)

walterSCAN
January 30th, 2011, 01:59 PM
If not, don't click! ;) (Warning: there is a wedding kiss in this thread-- hopefully I don't offend anyone!)

Heh, the wedding was back in June. You would think if I was going to post, it would have been sooner... However, I've been lazy/ apathetic/ avoiding my computer for no apparent reason for months. Also, I haven't been sure that anyone would be interested (insecurity rears its ugly head again!), but now I'm figuring that if that's the case, my thread will drift away quietly and I won't have to worry about it! ::nervous giggle:: Please let me know if you do think the thread is unnecessary, and I'll see if the mods can remove it for me! :cheese:

At any rate:

As some of you know, my mini-goal was to get my hair back to just-above-hip for the wedding after an 8" chop for hair-health and thickness reasons. Well, I mostly made it, and was very happy with my hair the day-of!

I ended up braiding my hair the night before to get braid waves, and then had the lady (who came out to my PIL's to do our hair right there in the bathroom) do fairytale braids on both sides of my head for a kind of half-up.

(All photos were taken by my best-friend-since-third-grade, and she says she doesn't care what I do with them! :) )

This is what the back of my head looked like, sans veil:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/backofhead.jpg
That strange part/ line there went away after I fussed with it.

Front shot: (this is pre-makeup, but post hair-do, so I removed my face because I looked slightly diseased for some reason and it makes me feel bad... The ends lost some of that curl later, and looked nicer after more fussing!)

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/pre-stylingbraidwaves.jpg

And now some action shots! (that handsome man in black is DH!) DBF wasn't really taking photos with my hair in mind, so I sorted through them and tried to find the ones that show more of the hair:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/throughtheveil.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/VEIL-1.jpg
(post- makeup, much nicer!)

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/onhisknee.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/weddingkiss-1.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/shecriesatnight/walkingbacktothehouse.jpg

SummerSkye
January 30th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Awww, gorgeous pics! Your hair is stunning and you look beautiful! I only got married last August so am still intrigued by wedding pics!

peronella
January 30th, 2011, 02:02 PM
How lovely! I love braided wedding styles. You are a beautiful Bride :)

lyria
January 30th, 2011, 02:02 PM
:flowers: Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful and you have such lovely photos! Thank you for sharing this special day with us!

krissykins
January 30th, 2011, 02:04 PM
What beautiful pictures :) I really love the picture of the kiss :eyebrows:

Rocket22
January 30th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Awe what beautiful hair! and I agree the kiss picture is just so adorable.

ancilla
January 30th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Oh my goodness, you look GORGEOUS! Your hair is perfect looking in those shots, I really love the lace/fairytale braid. You both look very happy, congratulations! :flower::inlove:

Capybara
January 30th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Congratulations! Looks like a beautiful wedding :)

I've never seen fairytale braids that meet in the back before! It seems intuitive, and looks great.

Anywhere
January 30th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Very pretty. I also love your dress by the way. :D

mireillemt
January 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Sooo beautiful! I love that you left your hair mostly down. Thank you for sharing!

einna
January 30th, 2011, 02:37 PM
you look lovely! Thanks for sharing :)

polette
January 30th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Aww, you look very beautiful and happy. Your hair looks wonderful too, the fairytale look suits the dress :)

We did a courthouse wedding and I don't have any pictures, while I am VERY happy and relieved I didn't have to be on stage at a wedding, I wish I had pictures.

Jenn of Pence
January 30th, 2011, 02:58 PM
"Anyone interested in seeing my wedding hair?".... um, yes!!!
It's so pretty, thank you for sharing!

artiste
January 30th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Both you and your hair look stunning! Those really are some beautiful pictures :)
Congratulations!!

girlcat36
January 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I love it! I love to see brides with down hair!
Wanted to wear mine down for my wedding, but it didn't work out. :(

triumphator!
January 30th, 2011, 03:23 PM
How beautiful! Your hair, you, your dress, flowers, everything-- beautiful!!

ooo
January 30th, 2011, 03:26 PM
These are lovely pictures. I'd love to do this style sometime myself. I'd just need a second person to hold the strands.

Rabya-Khadija
January 30th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Aww it's gorgeous, don't often see people with their hair down on their wedding day which is a shame!

BrightEyes
January 30th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Awww, you two make such a cute couple! Congrats on your wedding!:cheese:

You look so beautiful! I love your hair. The waves are lovely.

ange1ito
January 30th, 2011, 04:29 PM
hi, your hair looked really pretty and so do you, they are all lovely shots

Nae
January 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Beautiful!! Both the hair and the lovely couple! Congrats my friend!

CariadA
January 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Your pictures are just gorgeous! Your hair was amazing (as was your dress... and everything else)!

I wore my hair up for my wedding (3 months ago) to show off the back of my dress. I also haven't seen many brides wear their hair down, but it is so beautiful. It looked so elegant on you.

It looks like you had a beautiful wedding.

virgo75
January 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Awww, thanks for sharing!

Beautiful hair and lovely couple. :)

(Belated) Congratulations on your wedding.
I hope you have many happy years together. :flower:

LoversLullaby
January 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Sooo beautiful!!! :) I love your hair, and your veil, you look beautiful!

princessp
January 30th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Oh wow, you look stunning! Love your hair and the whole get-up congratulations!

jeanniet
January 30th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Congratulations on your marriage! You (and your hair) look beautiful, and that dress is just amazing on you. May you have many happy years together! :)

sarahbrownie
January 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Such a lovely bride! You're hair and dress is amazing! Absolutely gorgeous!

rose.grace
January 30th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Ah! My fairytale braid! It's gorgeous, waterSCAN. I am loving it :joy:

constantki
January 30th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Your dress is really beautiful too!

Milui Elenath
January 30th, 2011, 05:46 PM
So beautiful and shiny !!! My best wishes to you!

Tia2010
January 30th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Aww, so pretty :) and I love the dress too!!

walterSCAN
January 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Oh my goodness! I did not expect so may replies so quickly... :D

:bounce:Holy crap, thanks guys!!:bounce:

I wish I could reply to all of you individually, but there are so many... :) It really was a beautiful day, and all of these compliments have made today much nicer! Thank you all!

Una
January 30th, 2011, 06:27 PM
It looks so pretty and natural. This is how I would like to have my hair for my wedding :)

Illta2u
January 30th, 2011, 06:30 PM
You're hair is very classicly romantic. Very pretty. Dress isn't to shabby either! ;)

cybernetica
January 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
That style is so elegant, and you are just glowing in those pics. So wonderful to see all these lovely wedding photos!

in_technicolor
January 30th, 2011, 07:17 PM
You look gorgeous! Congratulations!

arc691
January 30th, 2011, 07:21 PM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20Smilies/044.jpg Terrific pictures~ thanks for sharing! Congratulations, by the way!

ibleedlipstick
January 30th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Lovely! How fantastic! You guys are adorable :D

fluffybunny
January 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Gorgeous hair & dress. Thanks for posting these.

mellie89
January 30th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Beautiful hair! The pictures of you and your DH made me smile. You two look so happy and in love. :heart:

Dragon
January 30th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Very beautiful, Congrats :) Thanks for sharing

kabelaced
January 30th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Gorgeous photos! Your hair is so beautiful, and you look stunning in the dress! Thank you so much for sharing with us - looks like your big day was perfect! :heart:

Gabbie
January 30th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing!

Venefica
January 30th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Very pretty pictures. You make a very cute couple. I hope you have a long and happy marriage.

Shermie Girl
January 30th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I love weddings. And I love wedding pictures. You looked wonderful. Your hair was heavenly and your dress... :thud: You and your husband looked so happy. Thank you for sharing a little of your special day with us.

Debra83
January 30th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Just beautiful!

Ryanne
January 31st, 2011, 12:01 AM
The pictures look lovely. :flower: Congratulations!

NouvelleNymphe2
February 1st, 2011, 09:58 AM
oh you, your hair, your dress all look beautiful!! wow!! and the DH looks super happy!!!

walterSCAN
February 1st, 2011, 12:11 PM
Holy wow, guys, thanks again!!

We were so happy that day, we were both holding back tears. (He was more successful than I was!) ;) It was amazing! We're still pretty happy, too, and having been in a relationship for 6 years this month, I think we're doing well! (it's going to be weird having a new anniversary now!)

utdesertrunner
February 1st, 2011, 03:37 PM
You look like a princess! Beautiful hair for a beautiful bride! Congrats!

Kamama
February 1st, 2011, 04:22 PM
Lovely! Simple and elegant. :)

moon-child
February 1st, 2011, 04:45 PM
You look so beautiful! Your hair and your wedding look amazing. I'm very jealous!

walterSCAN
February 1st, 2011, 10:03 PM
:D Thank you!!!

...Is it weird of me that I keep coming back to my own thread to look at the pictures and smile? I mean, I've got a wedding album right there across the room... :o

Quixii
February 2nd, 2011, 12:10 AM
Aww! You're so pretty! I love your dress and your hair. You and your now-husband looked so great on your special day. :)