PDA

View Full Version : My hair is a dust magnet

wickedwitch
January 30th, 2011, 09:42 AM
And it gets even worse when I oil it. Is there anything I can do to stop this? And is there anything that will have a similar effect on my hair as oil but without the dust?

Thanks in advance.

sibylla
January 30th, 2011, 10:05 AM
If you look at a BBB you see how much dust there is.Brushing a few strokes every day is the only way to get rid of that dust. Vacuuming often in the bedroom is a good idea if you oil often:)

Carolyn
January 30th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Other than BBB'ing, I don't think so. There are other good leave-ins besides oil but oil is my personal preference most of the time. So I just live with it :shrug: Dusting and vacuuming are against my religion :gabigrin:

swivelhop
January 30th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I generally don't use leave-ins, but coney conditioner keeps the dust problem at bay for me. Lint I can usually track down to one offending source (blanket or sweater).

spidermom
January 30th, 2011, 11:46 AM
When I feel that I must oil clean hair, I follow with CHI Silk Infusion (a coney serum), which helps to hold the dust/lint at bay.

Madora
January 30th, 2011, 12:36 PM
A pure boar bristle brush helps with lint removal, etc.

You also might consider getting a quality air purifier for your bedroom.

IndigoAsh
January 30th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Other than BBB'ing, I don't think so. There are other good leave-ins besides oil but oil is my personal preference most of the time. So I just live with it :shrug: Dusting and vacuuming are against my religion :gabigrin:

I love it! <3

I have dust issues also. I usually just run a damp rag over it or something when I notice. The dust actually gets stuck IN the actual hair strands and I sometimes have to pull them out. Bizarre right?

Sanyia
January 30th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I have this problem too, when oiling. I just live with it and wear my hair up more.

HannahDelicious
January 30th, 2011, 12:58 PM
There are those little robot vacuums that move on their own. Maybe you can get one of those, they are awfully cute. :D

summerjade
January 30th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I usuallly wash every other day due to dust and the like.

ooo
January 30th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I'm wondering about this too. The only thing I found out is, that it does not matter how often I vacuum my apartment :)

EdG
January 30th, 2011, 03:53 PM
My hair picks up an unending supply of lint from clothing, towels, bed linens, and upholstery. I don't know of a way to avoid that and, at the same time, live in a comfortable and socially-acceptable manner. ;)

I comb my hair several times a day to keep the lint from forming into tangles, or worse yet, mats. Getting rid of lint before it becomes wrapped around one's hair strands seems to be the best that one can do.
Ed