PDA

View Full Version : How. . . . ?

DTsgirl
January 30th, 2011, 01:01 AM
So here I am, wasting massive amounts of time toodling about the interwebz, fiddling with my braid tassel, and, as I am wont to do, I start pulling on that ONE piece of hair this sticks out longer than all the others. I know it's not attached to my head, so I am free to torture it at will. Now, imagine if you will. My hair has been braided for pretty much two days. I re-braided it this morning, but only combed the top bits to hid the fuzz (yes, lazy). SO. POINT OF STORY. Hair, let alone since last wash. Single strand, being messed with. I felt a little bump at the tip and . . . IT"S THE ROOT! How can a 30 inch piece of hair escape shower combing and flip COMPLETELY around! I have been extricating it because, why not, and the end is totally up at the start of the braid. Hair gremlins?:confused:

Purdy Bear
January 30th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Sounds like it just wanted to stay put! Its amazing where Iv found hair, years after I didnt have any, you would be surprised!

sweetiepie
January 30th, 2011, 02:57 AM
DTsgirl, I find such hairs ALL the time! I don't know how they do it!! I am really at lost but I did not try to find how they do it so I don't know. No idea. But I have lots of those.

ravenreed
January 30th, 2011, 03:01 AM
I have hair gremlins too. I have no idea how it happens that a hair ends up backwards in my braids, so gremlins sounds like a good explanation.

rosek
January 30th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Hahaha, I was wondering just this the other day too! Must have been the hair gremlins :p

pepperminttea
January 30th, 2011, 04:19 AM
I get these too, no idea how it happens. Darn those gremlins! :p

Purdy Bear
January 30th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I wonder what a hair gremlin looks like - maybe a Tribble of Star Trek Fame, with little cute eyes and button nose underneath.

spidermom
January 31st, 2011, 01:46 PM
I can imagine how it happens, that the end is kind of tangled up in your hair somewhere and you comb the root/top down to the bottom. I've felt a hair tickling a place far south of where my length ends, and it's usually a hair knotted up with another hair, the top/root hanging down. What drives me crazy about braids is that no matter how careful I am, it usually ends up that I've dropped a hair or 2 or 3 at the place where I crossed that section over, then a section or 2 south of where it should have happened I catch that hair/those hairs again and cross them with the wrong section, so that I've got a loop of a hair or a few hairs skipping a couple of braid bumps and then getting caught up in a braid bump further down. I hate that!