PDA

View Full Version : In need of some encouragement

x0h_bother
January 29th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I am having the worst night. I just went through my albums...I have gained no length-only thickness-since I got here in April. I was top of BSL when I got here, and pictures from May are exactly the same length as now, BSL+. The only thing different is thickness, which isn't even all that much gained. I've felt like my hair had gotten so much longer since I came here..it hasn't. :( Maybe I trim too frequently? Three (.5") trims since April '10. I believe my hair grows a little under .5", .5" max per month. Any thoughts?

christine1989
January 29th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I feel like my hair has been going down the same road; Its thickening up (which I am happy about) but not getting much longer due to frequent trims. Your hair may have grown more than you think though. Curl/wave patterns often make hair look shorter one day and longer the next. On a "straight day" my hair looks like it is an inch or two past BSL but on an unusually wavy day it can look as short as APL.

FullMoonTrim
January 29th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Maybe you are trimming too much. Maybe instead of trimming you could 'dust' your ends, just take off a tiny amount. You could also look up the Morrocco Method Lunar calendar https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chartand dust your ends only on days that are good for "length". The next ones...Feb 9-11, March 22,23,26, 27...or you could just skip the trims all together.
You might try taking biotin & eating more greens to help improve growth. Good luck!!
My hair never seemed to grow before..I could never get it long....then I stopped trimming it all the time:) Now it's long!

SheaLynne
January 29th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Wow, looking at your album, I see a lot of growth!! If you compare pic #1 to #16 or #18, it looks that you were barely bsl then and are now nearing waist. With 1.5" in trims and less than a year of growth, that's not bad, and your hair looks really healthy and thick...be patient and enjoy your beautiful hair!

Lixie
January 29th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I can definitely see growth between your first and last pictures. Maybe you're focusing too much on gaining length? Focus more on enjoying where your hair is now and the growth will probably sneak up on you. :)

xoxophelia
January 29th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Part of the reason you aren't seeing the growth might be the angles of the photos you took. Its looks pretty likely to me that you gained 3" which would be in line with three .5" trims in that time frame (it is also common to trim a little bit more than intended).

I wouldn't worry about it. You are well on you way to the waist lands ;)

Macaroni
January 29th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Only wear the white shirt when taking pics and it will be easy to see how much you have gained in length. And don't tilt your head.

x0h_bother
January 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks you all. Fullmoontrim that's a good idea, I am going to do that instead of going for a trim. Thanks Shealynne Christineand Lixiefor the encouragement! You're right xoxophelia and Macaroni, the angles/tilt makes a difference. I am psyched to keep going now :)

jesis
January 30th, 2011, 08:22 PM
My hair has grown more since I started S&Ding (the last two months) than it did in the previous 6 months when I was having it regularly "trimmed". :)

jaine
January 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Your hair definitely looks longer to me and the waves are gorgeous!
On a side note, I think your hair is wavier than 1c/2a. It's hard to tell without knowing which pictures are air-dried and which are bun waves. But I would guess 2b at least.

spidermom
January 30th, 2011, 09:34 PM
It doesn't sound like you're trimming too often, but perhaps a bit too much is being taken off.