PDA

View Full Version : wearing hair up after bad haircut

Brenda714
January 29th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Has anyone had a bad haircut and had to wear it up for an extended period of time? I hate my hair down, it's a little past my shoulders, I had to cut due to damage. But it looks so bad to me that I have to wear it up! Please help because I am at my wits end with my hair. I want it long but I think it won't grow, does one year really make a difference? I hope so, but that still seems it takes so long. I would really like to know if any gals here have experienced this and how long you wore it up for while waiting for it to grow?

enfys
January 29th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Many members wear it up all the time anyway; generally it's very protective.

On average, hair grows 6" a year which for most people is a big difference.

spidermom
January 31st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Oh my goodness, yes. I wasn't very specific about what I wanted one year, and the stylist cut a stacked bob on me. OMG! It made my head look big and round like a jack-o'lantern; probably the most hideous cut I ever had. I started out pulling the sides up and back with pretty barrettes, but one day I kind of snapped and had a pixie cut. I wish I hadn't. Pulling the sides back looked good enough. If I had been patient, my hair would have grown out pretty fast from that - a lot faster and more evenly than after the pixie.

Anywhere
January 31st, 2011, 03:27 PM
Yes. Still wearing it up because the cut made the ends look thin. Went from waist to TB having it up most of the past year. My layers still have a year or two to go before they're finished growing out. Darn you, hairdresser. It really does make a difference though, and I've found I quite like how I look with my hair up.

jasper
January 31st, 2011, 05:39 PM
I wore mine up for about a year because it needed a cut. I couldn't find the time or motivation to get a cut so I just started bunning it. That is what set me on the long hair journey, actually.

ladyjo
January 31st, 2011, 05:55 PM
I wore a hat for over a year due to self-induced damage, I tried a bandana but it made me look like a pirate. A year makes all the difference, it's difficult to be patient but hang in there! I'm the most impatient person ever so if I can wait it out anyone can!

AerithMoon
January 31st, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'm currently in that bad haircut wear hair up all the time state. I'm wearing lots of scarves, hats, and looking stylish that way and kind of ignoring the George Washington thing I've got going on til it gets long enough to lay flatter...

Kaelee
January 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
*lol* One time I had my mom cut my hair, and one side was 2 inches longer than the other. I always wore my hair up and one day my friends asked me why. So I took out my ponytail and showed them. :D

Mesmerise
January 31st, 2011, 06:46 PM
Yup, I had my hair cut at the end of 2008 and I wore it up for pretty much all of 2009 as it grew from sitting above my shoulders to part way down my back...and then it looked okay...until I started shedding madly... and now I wear it up cause it looks thin and straggly!