PDA

View Full Version : How long is too long?

jujube
January 29th, 2011, 07:54 PM
In your opinion, is there such a thing as "too long" hair, for your personal liking? Do you find long hair always beautiful, or do you think sometimes long hair doesn't suit the person? How long is too long?

christine1989
January 29th, 2011, 07:57 PM
For me too long is when it starts to look thin or unkempt. I like mine to look nice and thick and if it ceases to look that way I feel like it's time to trim/cut.

enfys
January 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM
When they don't like or want it anymore.

For me, I expect that will knee, and I'm probably going to try it and find out. On others that's up to them. "Too long" to DH is two inches. "Too long" for a good friend is if she can ponytail it. Everyone has their own "too long", and I'm not going to set it for someone else. :flower:

rosek
January 29th, 2011, 08:08 PM
For me personally, I think long hair is always beautiful :)

jujube
January 29th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Enfys, I really like what you said. It's true that in the end, it's really all about personal preference. But, a lot of members here seem to personally find short hair too common, or even unappealing and unfeminine, regardless of people's preferences. Do any of you find there's a length that's starting to get too long, aesthetically?

OperaTeacherMom
January 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM
For me, depends on the hair type. For type 1 and 2, and 3s who don't lose curl with length, I don't think there is such a thing. For type 3s whose curl gets pulled out as it grows, I personally would be unhappy at any length where it didn't look curly anymore. 4s rarely get long enough for there to be such a thing as too long, so I say if you can get your type 4 hair super long, rock it!

wtchmel
January 29th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I've never found a length where i found it 'too long' on me, maybe ends not being healthy enough so i cut, but not to long.(i've never been past tailbone though)
On others, same thing, never have i found a length that was 'too long', just possibly they need trimming to 'healthy up' the ends.

Dragon
January 30th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I don’t think hair can ever be to long on both men and women.

HairColoredHair
January 30th, 2011, 12:22 AM
When the person owning the head of hair can no longer care for it, or no longer has someone willing to help them care for it ;)

ravenreed
January 30th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Esthetically, I find some lengths more pleasing than others. My favorite lengths are between BSL and classic. That doesn't mean I don't find other lengths to be attractive though. Just like I like very short or bald, I also like really long hair. It is more in how a person carries it off. What ever you have, rock it for all it's worth.

JulietCapulet
January 30th, 2011, 12:44 AM
It really depends on the person. For me I think waist is the maximum for me. If it were any longer than that it would be too long. On others hip etc looks great so...it's really up to the individual.

Fufu
January 30th, 2011, 01:37 AM
For myself, more than tailbone is too long for me.

FoxRain
January 30th, 2011, 02:04 AM
I think all lengths are beautiful if they are well-kept and healthy. A thick short bob, for example, is prettier than thin wispy waist length, in my opinion.
However, I'll probably stop between waist and butt, but that's because of practicality.

Purdy Bear
January 30th, 2011, 02:06 AM
In the beginning I thought anything beyond TBL would be impractical, but Iv watched a lot of videos on classic, knee length and longer and Im starting to really love it.

Venefica
January 30th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I have seen people who looks better with short hair, so yes I think that short hair can at times look better on a person.

For me I do not know when long is to long. I have longer hair now then I have ever had before, and as long as it looks thick and healthy I want to continue growing for quite some time yet.

Panth
January 30th, 2011, 03:31 AM
1) If you cannot look after it properly and have no one else to look after it for you.

2) If it hurts chronically - if it is causing chronic headaches/neckaches/backaches/whatever

3) If you, the person with the long hair, and only you, decide you don't want it that long. No one else can decide this for you.

Otherwise, as long as you want - I might think it doesn't look that great but, TBH, that's none of my business.

Avital88
January 30th, 2011, 04:20 AM
If hair is healthy and well cared its never too long..

Yosha
January 30th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Too long for me would be if I'd trip over it :p

Phexlyn
January 30th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Speaking of length only, it's too long when it gets on your nerves or you simply don't like it anymore. However, the length alone is not what makes beautiful hair, so I would also add it's too long if you can't take care of it properly anymore (concerning cleanliness expecially, but also health of the hair) and you have no prospects of being able to care for your hair soon. That is, if you don't have helpers ;)

dragonmyst
January 30th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I personally love seeing the super long lengths.

Too long is when the person with the hair can not take care of it anymore. It really is a personal preference.

lyria
January 30th, 2011, 07:49 AM
For me it is not a matter of length, but health. Super long hair (world record for example) could be beautiful if it is shiny and strong and healthy, or very unattractive if it is dry and damaged. That being said, I know I personally could not maintain healthy hair beyond something like tailbone length, so I will not be going for world records!

HintOfMint
January 30th, 2011, 09:16 AM
It's hard to say because as soon as I articulate an opinion, I'll find or think of an exception.

On me, personally, beyond hip would be too long. At that point it would stop adding to my looks and just look strange, especially with my style. My style varies between Business Casual, English Countryside, Audrey Hepburn, 1970's, and Dandy Androgyny. If my style were more feminine and flowery, then I would probably shoot for classic.

Xandergrammy
January 30th, 2011, 09:18 AM
In my opinion, there's no such thing as "too long".

lapushka
January 30th, 2011, 09:20 AM
For me personally, too long is beyond classic. I've never gotten past that sitting on your hair stage before, it frustrated me to no end, so I know that that's too long, for me. But then, when I see pictures of women with knee length hair, I think it's amazing and beautiful. Too long on someone else... I don't know if there is a limit if it's well maintained and gorgeous hair. I wonder about floor length sometimes, though. That might be too long as I can't quite get how that's still practical.

Doxie
January 30th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I love short short hair. I wish I could carry a nice pixie cut or something but I can't. It just wouldn't look right. So since I can't have nice short hair I want to go all out and hair very long hair. I personally feel long hair gets to long when it's thin and messy looking. Also, it depends on the person wiether long hair works or not.

Annalouise
January 30th, 2011, 09:23 AM
No such thing as "too long".:)

Rivanariko
January 30th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I only think that, aesthetically, another person's hair is "too long" when it looks like they can't take care of it and it's unkempt. Other than that, I think long hair looks good on just about anyone. I think short hair takes more of a certain face shape for certain styles to look their best as they will accentuate different aspects. But long hair, I find flattering on any shape or size. So long as it's well cared for.

For me, I haven't found a "too long" length yet, I'm at my longest ever at TBL. I'm suspicious of how well I'll be able to care for it past classic, but I'll have to wait for experience to show me.

darklion
January 30th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I think personal preference is the main criteria for too long. Who cares what others think? However, if you are unable to maintenance the hair, then it maybe time to shorten it. I've had my hair down to waist level and I didn't know any way to wear my hair comfortably (b4 LHC) so I whacked it off back to bsl. Now, it's approaching waist again and it's too short for many of the buns I want to try!!
Someone mentioned world record hair. I've looked at pictures of the current record holder and the ends are not very pretty. She has ragged fairytale tips with one group of hairs that stretches out for the record holding length. I think her hair is well maintained, but her ends..... they wouldn't work for me on my head!!
All in all... I love the length of our crowning glories!

Wanderer09
January 30th, 2011, 09:40 AM
On me, past classic length would be too long, I think. But I haven't gotten there yet, so there's no way to know for sure. :p I just think it would get harder and harder to care for.

On others, whatever they think is too long. Hair length is such a personal thing.

haibane
January 30th, 2011, 09:42 AM
For myself, too long is whenever it becomes too much of a hassle to handle to be worth it. I don't know when that will be, but it's not yet, even though adjusting to the past-TB length is a bit difficult.

On other people, whatever they think is too long. :p
But from being on LHC and seeing so much different hair I now think all kinds of hair (long or short) can be beautiful, all in different ways, and that's kind of what's awesome about it. :)

spidermom
January 30th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I've got preference regarding condition of the hair but not for length. For me personally, too long is when it reaches a length that makes it impossible to care for by myself. I'm not there yet.

Leoslaire
January 30th, 2011, 10:17 AM
No such thing as hair that's too long, hair can actually be too short for me.

CarpeDM
January 30th, 2011, 10:21 AM
For me too long is when it starts to look thin or unkempt. I like mine to look nice and thick and if it ceases to look that way I feel like it's time to trim/cut.

Yes, this.

chopandchange
January 30th, 2011, 10:28 AM
No such thing as hair that's too long, hair can actually be too short for me.

I agree! This is a LONG hair forum after all, so it might have made more sense to ask the question the other way round: how short is too short?

But that wouldn't be "politically correct." For some reason people are allowed to give their frank opinions on long hair that is straggly, thinning, dry,or even just too long to be practical, etc., but no one is allowed to criticise a pixie merely for being too short. :D

Anyway, to answer the question: ON ME my hair will be too long when it starts to fairytale or taper since I personally don't like that look, or else when the tangles get too much.

Celtic Morla
January 30th, 2011, 10:45 AM
For my DH too long is when he can feel it on his ears! He is thrilled I am growing my hair back, he is always commenting on how nice it looks. I feel to long is when you cannot care for it, and I think a lot of people get frustrated and cut it because there is such a stigma against long hair and they dont; know what to do with it. I know I was in that position when my son was born my hair was at my wasit and I hated braiding it because people always made comment so one day i just started chopping. I did this after each baby and I regretted it every time! So for me my attitude right now is terminal is how I want to go and well see if it gets to long!

Avvoltoio
January 30th, 2011, 10:52 AM
it depends on the person, on myself i think floor length would be maybe too long, but i would not say to anybody he/she have too long hair if her/his hair is longer than floor length

turquoisebud
January 30th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Too long for me would be when I couldn't manage most updos. I want a length that works well for most any updo (for longhairs, that is) I also think that if I couldn't keep my hair shiny and the ends nice I would call that too long. It really is just my opinion - everybody has their own preferences. :)

bluesnowflake
January 30th, 2011, 01:23 PM
As long as it's in good condition and well taken care of, any length is beautiful. When it it all splits at the end or obviously not in good condition, then it's not as pretty even if it is very long.

Angeletti
January 30th, 2011, 01:27 PM
On myself I would say anything past mid thigh I would consider too long, just because that is my final goal and I don't really want it any longer, but on anyone else I don't think there is such a thing as too long.

Sanyia
January 30th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Too long is when you have a hard time, or resent having to take care of it, whatever length that is.

krissykins
January 30th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I'd agree that too long is when it gets to be a hassle to take care of. I think that anything past classic would be a pain in the rear for me, but it looks so nice on other members :p

irishlady
January 30th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I think hair can be as long as it makes someone feel at their best :)

However...for me personally, I don't think I'd like having it longer than hip length. I just have this thing about hair being in line with ....well....I don't know how to put this politely. Let's just say it's to do with the toilet instead. I am a bit of a clean freak.

I don't mean to be rude, I actually think that classic length plus hair is stunning! It's just that I wouldn't want it for myself. I am not in anyway suggesting that hair longer than hip is dirty, please don't get me wrong :)

polette
January 30th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I agree with one post that I think hair is too long when it is really thin and ratty at the ends. Otherwise, if the hair is healthy and happy looking, I love it at any length... I usually am envious of anyone with longer hair then myself.

LisaButz2001
January 30th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Currently I like that I can sit on mine. Think I'd go for mid thigh and that knee would be too much personally. I only think long hair doesn't suit a person if it isn't properly cared for.

squiggyflop
January 30th, 2011, 02:35 PM
well um it depends, for myself too long is when it starts to get unbearable to deal with.. im doing ok and its getting close to classic.. but i think ill maintain at classic for a while..

for other people however,

for men (if they want me to kiss them), organized by hair type:
1a-1c fairly short, no hair on the collar
2a-2c little longer hair on the collar is ok but overall hair should only extend 4 inches maximum from the root,,
3a-3b shoulder length is fine. curly hair can be hard to control so a little extra length can make it look a little better

in general for men i prefer they not have hair longer than all those pictures of jesus (im not religious its just a picture of a length that people understand)

and although i sometimes find beards to look pleasing i wouldnt want to kiss a man who has one because i dont want rug burn on my face.. so even if it looks hot i still wont go for it..

for women: it depends on hair type,, curly hair can be nicer even longer than straight hair in my opinion.. i think i like it because it adds visual interest.. so for non curly hair i like classic to mid thigh as the max length with a few exceptions for some of my hair idols here on lhc.. curly hair could go on forever and i would still be amazed by it..

SwordWomanRiona
January 30th, 2011, 02:40 PM
On myself I would say anything past mid thigh I would consider too long, just because that is my final goal and I don't really want it any longer, but on anyone else I don't think there is such a thing as too long.

Agreeing! My current goal is classic (I'm so close now! :D), but I have once thought about mid-thigh, see if I can get there...Longer would be too long for me, I think, especially because my hair fairytales very easily and my ends would get thinner and thinner...:(

I think hair can be as long as it makes someone feel at their best :)

However...for me personally, I don't think I'd like having it longer than hip length. I just have this thing about hair being in line with ....well....I don't know how to put this politely. Let's just say it's to do with the toilet instead. I am a bit of a clean freak.

I don't mean to be rude, I actually think that classic length plus hair is stunning! It's just that I wouldn't want it for myself. I am not in anyway suggesting that hair longer than hip is dirty, please don't get me wrong :)

I have nearly classic length hair, and I have no problems with the toilet, so fear not :D:D.

And a little off-thread, you're Irish!! I was thrilled when I saw your signature, I have been learning Irish for five years now :).

Dark Queen
January 30th, 2011, 04:25 PM
LOL @toilet. I have classic length and I deal with this problem by keeping a clip in the bathroom or in my purse if I'm out.

As for "too long", I haven't experienced this, but I think it will be too long if it's ever dragging on the floor, and I'm tripping over it. I'd like to see that, LOL

Nae
January 30th, 2011, 05:01 PM
For me, I would have to agree with the people who said, "If I can trip on it."

Not that I dislike that look, but I am possibly the biggest klutz in the world and would probably kill myself in a hair related tripping.

Dark Queen
January 30th, 2011, 05:04 PM
For me, I would have to agree with the people who said, "If I can trip on it."

Not that I dislike that look, but I am possibly the biggest klutz in the world and would probably kill myself in a hair related tripping.

LOL!!! I feel the same way. I'm afraid I'll get tangled up and go flying down the stairs or something :D

virgo75
January 30th, 2011, 05:08 PM
For me- any length that ends up looking scraggly. As much as I like fairytale ends on others, my hair is curly and fine, so it would look.... Not so good. :-/

On others - anything that they can't take care of so it ends up unkempt. Otherwise, it's their hair and they can grow it as long as they want. I just hope they put it up if they're cooking. :D

Nae
January 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM
LOL!!! I feel the same way. I'm afraid I'll get tangled up and go flying down the stairs or something :D

Oh yes, I have visions now of knocking out all my teeth or something. I would still be rocking the dentures and the long hair though if I had to lol.

constantki
January 30th, 2011, 05:45 PM
For me, it's to the point where it would get constantly in my way, or if it was difficult/uncomfortable to wear up due to weight

aprilmay
January 30th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I reached my limit a couple of weeks ago and had my husband cut off several inches. I feel better about my hair, now. I think it looks more full and the ends are more even. It was at hip length and now it is at waist length.

Beatnik Guy
January 30th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Too long? :confused:

Una
January 30th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Too long? :confused:

I agree! But I think the health of the hair should also be a priority.
For me, too long is probably past classic.

arc691
January 30th, 2011, 07:44 PM

I agree! Long hair looks best when it is well-taken care of~
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/TANGREV.jpg

ibleedlipstick
January 30th, 2011, 08:24 PM
To me, it is when it begins to look unhealthy and super wispy (3 strands at knee with the rest at tailbone doesn't look attractive to me) but really, whatever makes them happy. I'm of the quality over quantity group, so I guess that plays into my decision making.

Cailie
January 30th, 2011, 08:40 PM
One more vote for healthy hair over lenght!

On myself it will need to be a maximum of hip. I think lower than that would not be flattering at all, and waist would probably look and feel the best (to my own taste).

Tressie
January 30th, 2011, 08:59 PM
In my opinion, there's no such thing as "too long".

:cheese: This! :cheese:

chelseamichelle
January 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM
If the hair is well kept, then I think it's beautiful at any length. I've never looked at somebody's hair and thought "Oh, now that's too long!"

However on myself, there is definitely a "too long". That point being anything past tailbone.

Shell
January 30th, 2011, 09:44 PM
What kind of question is this? It's never too long. :D

Tia2010
January 30th, 2011, 11:22 PM

I agree. As long as it looks healthy and well cared for any length can look beautiful. On me personally tailbone is the limit.

Nymphea
January 31st, 2011, 12:04 AM
Personally I don't know how I would deal with classic length (I imagine all those accidental sitting on hair - ouch!), but it's only because I've never been there. Once when it comes, well, I think my "too long" point will be moved... Or erased. :D

For now my goal length is TB, but I'm opened for further down!

LittleOrca
January 31st, 2011, 12:05 AM
Nothing is too long. :)

Debra83
January 31st, 2011, 12:18 AM
hmmmmm....I used to think there was a too long....

my goal is/has been waist. The closer I get to waist (s.l.o.w.l.y.), the more I seem to toying with the idea of hip!!!???!!!!! Crazy. Completely mad, I am!!! So, now, I DON'T think there is a "too long" after all!!!!

Mesmerise
January 31st, 2011, 12:33 AM
Hmm while I findreally long hair intriguing... I actually prefer it umm probably tailbone or shorter... Personally I'd like to get mine hip length maybe ;) I want waist at a minimum.

I don't mind short hair (on other people) but I don't really like buzz cuts on women (I think some look okay with it...but usually if I see them with longer hair I think they look better that way!).

I guess we all have different tastes! On a forum like this, I'd expect many more people would like longer hair than the majority of the population would like, and that's cool! Actually, before I was here I only wanted waist length hair ;) But now I've seen so many lovely long hairstyles, I've decided to shoot for hip!

ScarlettAdelle
January 31st, 2011, 12:37 AM
Ideally, my personal opinion of "too long" is somewhere after fingertip... I've never, in person, seen hair past that length that didn't look like it was struggling. I'm not a fan of fairy tale ends, and somewhere between classic and fingertip ends almost always seem to go the fairy tale way.

In reality, as long as it's clean, I don't mind it... if it starts to look like it could win a spot on the People of Walmart site then I start to feel like the owner can't take care of it, which makes it too long in my opinion.

Mesmerise
January 31st, 2011, 01:17 AM
Ideally, my personal opinion of "too long" is somewhere after fingertip... I've never, in person, seen hair past that length that didn't look like it was struggling. I'm not a fan of fairy tale ends, and somewhere between classic and fingertip ends almost always seem to go the fairy tale way.

In reality, as long as it's clean, I don't mind it... if it starts to look like it could win a spot on the People of Walmart site then I start to feel like the owner can't take care of it, which makes it too long in my opinion.

I never really liked fairy tale ends before I came to this forum... I always thought it looked like the person needed a haircut! HOWEVER, I've seen some beautiful ones since coming here, so they're growing on me! I was always more a fan of the blunt hemline...

However, I still think fairy tale ends look better past waist length (just my opinion)... and not if they're too straggly or fine. I guess some I've seen in the past have just been a bit too unkempt... and there are often lots of splits. But when hair is cared for I think it can look lovely!

Florida Mom
January 31st, 2011, 05:44 AM
Well, I believe hair is too long when the person whose head it is decides so.

That being said, I always wanted hair like Crystal Gale, but my family certainly thought that was way too long. They think my hair is too long now. Before finding this site, I actually did think hair was too long for most people I saw once it was past TB... but that could be bc the three people I knew did not care well for there hair - always down, split ends, no shine, fairytale ends... to me it just didn't look pretty.

But I am sure some people feel that way about my hair (though I have no splits and I hope it is pretty). And now I love fairytale ends - they look natural. :-) I am growing to classic for now.... an then onward and downward :-)

RavennaNight
January 31st, 2011, 05:55 AM
I say as long as it's taken care of properly, and the owner enjoys having the hair, no length is too long.

If let's say, I grow my hair to a length and it becomes difficult, or not fun to take care of anymore, I'd cut back.

Long hair isn't for everyone. That's why not everyone grows it out.

milagro
January 31st, 2011, 05:57 AM
Healthiness and tidiness aside, I think it depends on hair type and body type. For example I don't want hair longer than waist, un-stretched, because I am short and small-framed and my hair is big. You know I prefer to be still visible under my hair :D So if it is very long I will end up wearing it up all the time (I actually used to) and it would yet be looking a tad too much/dominating.
OTOH I like the sight of very long hair on taller or larger women and I really love straight loooong hair / tall curvy figure combination.
JMO, tastes differ.

Lilli
January 31st, 2011, 06:06 AM
Anything longer than BSL. :run:

pizzellaman
January 31st, 2011, 08:55 AM
In my opinions no more than classic lenght.

But, if hair is shiny, healthy and the woman or the man love it...no question, there is no real limit!

Tookii
January 31st, 2011, 09:23 AM
All lengths are beautiful as long as its well kept and healthy. Its really your opinion on what is too long.

Fairlight63
January 31st, 2011, 09:39 AM
For me personally I think that it will be tail bone length. I think that is the longest that I could handle it.

I have seen others on here with longer hair that is just beautiful.

Copasetic
January 31st, 2011, 11:11 AM
On other people, I don't care. If someone wants to keep their hair at ankle length even though its broken and full of knots, good for them. But for me, my hair would be "too long" when I can't care for it properly and keep it in a condition that I am happy with. I think waist length (when curly) is a good length for me. Any longer and I think it would be too hard for me to take care of. But I won't really know until I get there.

Madora
January 31st, 2011, 11:14 AM
It is too long when it appears unhealthy and brittle.

hayesa
January 31st, 2011, 01:53 PM
On me, I've not found out how long is too long. :)
On other people, when it is well-cared for, any length is beautiful. Hair that is obviously looked after is lovely.:o

Miuku
January 31st, 2011, 02:14 PM
There is no such thing as hair that looks too long, but my own feels too long when it gets stuck into my pants' waistband.

CariadA
January 31st, 2011, 02:29 PM
On other people, I always love long hair. On myself, I think hip will me my limit. If my hair were just a little bit thicker, I would aim for longer.

jujube
January 31st, 2011, 03:52 PM
Waist/tailbone will be my personal limit, I might even decide to stop at BSL.

Zindell
February 1st, 2011, 06:20 AM
In your opinion, is there such a thing as "too long" hair, for your personal liking? Do you find long hair always beautiful, or do you think sometimes long hair doesn't suit the person? How long is too long?

I have seen a lot of tailbone length hair here on LHC that looks absolutely stunning.

I don't think it would look so great on myself though since I am very short.
I think I would look like Cousin It ... :hmm:

I am about BSL atm (longer than on my avatar) and I think my hair will look okay at around waist length. But I guess I won't know until I am there. :)

noelgirl
February 1st, 2011, 07:00 AM
On others, whatever they personally enjoy is just lovely! If someone's happy with hair down to the floor, so much the better. My personal comfort zone is around waist - much longer than that and I find it much harder to keep my hair healthy. Plus, it's a length where I can get a nice, secure bun for ballet, and some other, more interesting updos are possible, but it's still comfortable to wear down or in a ponytail.

honeyblonde
February 1st, 2011, 10:01 AM
If I could not walk without tripping over it! :D

vanillabones
February 1st, 2011, 10:19 AM
I personally don't like the look of hair on anyone past hip length :( it just doesn't look thick anymore, the length too overpowers the width to my eye I think and I don't like it, maybe curly hair would be that exception I love curly hair :D mine is pin straight and super thin longest I'd go is around bellybutton

Smile4Kiki
February 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM
For myself, I believe tailbone will be my limit but I haven't had very long hair since I was 12 (hip length) so I'm not sure when I'll feel it's too long this time around. On others I have a preference for hair that isn't past classic but also feel that hair is personal so who cares what my preference is.

CurlySoleil
February 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM
For me, it depends on the appearance of the hair... how healthy it looks. I saw a woman the other day whose hair was just past knee-length. I was in awe of the length until I got a good look and saw that her hair looked very unkempt and dirty. Not cute!

As for my own hair, my goal is WL stretched and I am pretty sure I will just maintain it at that length. Why? Because I have very thick, kinky/curly hair that I have every intention of keeping in its natural state... like forever. LOL! At the length my hair is right now, I already hate detangling it... so I can't imagine how un-fun it would be to deal with if it were longer than WL!

Athena's Owl
February 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
My own hair will likely never be longer than classic. I was getting close and trimmed back to tailbone because I was having tangling and issues with my ends, and trimming off that last couple of inches helped.

as for anyone else's hair - that's their affair, not mine. they can have it at any length that pleases them.

Hylia
February 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM
The longer the better. I think knee length is beautiful and I would love to be there someday.

Amraann
February 1st, 2011, 02:11 PM
For me it is to long beyond my hips.
When I was a child it was to just above my knees. I found that annoying.

MAO
February 1st, 2011, 02:21 PM
On myself (if I ever get there!) would probably be past TB.

On others, if it looks really fried and damaged, there is nothing cute or sexy about that and should be cut off.

If it looks healthy and well cared for, there is no too long!

jeanniet
February 1st, 2011, 02:41 PM
It really depends on the individual and what they can handle. For some, that might be floor length and for others, a pixie. For me, I think beyond hip would be too much, simply because of the weight of my hair. But who knows, I might change my mind once I get there!

Anywhere
February 1st, 2011, 05:38 PM
Too long for me would probably be past classic. I don't know for sure though, haven't gotten there yet.

wendy51
February 1st, 2011, 06:59 PM
For me, too long is mid-thigh.
Don't know how i could manage my hair like that

Malibu Barbie
February 1st, 2011, 07:17 PM
I really feel its up to the person with the hair. A few months ago I was getting my hair done and a women with almost knee length came in, she wanted her hair cut back up to her shoulders.... My mouth dropped. I had to ask, why? She had had another child and was tired. She had had long hair all of her life and was over it. I cringed for her as the hair hit the floor. She said the headaches weren't worth it anymore. After she was done she felt a huge weight lift from her head. She was so happy to have it gone.