PDA

View Full Version : Hair different texture on holiday

lady G
June 9th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Recently on holiday my hair was terribly flyaway. It was really feeling odd!!!! no body in at all. The weather was hot and maybe it could have been the different water :( I took my usual shampoo and conditioner but it seemed it just did not work the same as at home. When I got home my hair was behaving itself. I wondered if anyone else has this trouble when they go on holiday?

Saranne772
June 9th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Ohh yes. I think it might be anything linked to the holiday- different bed/pillow. Different water. Different climate?

harley mama
June 9th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Water and climate are big factors for me.
It makes a huge difference in how my hair behaves!

Islandgrrl
June 9th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Every time I leave my water supply my hair goes nuts. But then again, when I moved here *to* this water supply my hair went nuts for a while. When I travel, I wash my hair before I leave and then try not to wash again until I get back (unless I go to my sister's house - her water makes everything perfect). Obviously this doesn't work with longer trips, so I just wear my hair up constantly and try to wash as infrequently as possible or buy some distilled water.

lady G
June 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Every time I leave my water supply my hair goes nuts. But then again, when I moved here *to* this water supply my hair went nuts for a while. When I travel, I wash my hair before I leave and then try not to wash again until I get back (unless I go to my sister's house - her water makes everything perfect). Obviously this doesn't work with longer trips, so I just wear my hair up constantly and try to wash as infrequently as possible or buy some distilled water.

I didn't think of buying distilled water!!! maybe even rinsing in bottled water might be better than using the tap water. I was washing regularly due to the fact it was so hot and I had been in the pool so wanted to get the pool chemicals out of my hair:confused: I guess its just a thing that can happen on holiday, least I know it was just the change of environment as my hair was fine when I got home. I have another trip coming up so I am prepared for another bad hair week lol :D

jojo
June 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
My hair too changes whilst on holiday, mine goes crazy curly but not in a good way. Im going to take advantage of the sun when I go away and put coconut oil on during the day.

froglet
June 9th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Oh mine does this, but I don't think of it as trouble, I think of it as heavenly!
I have such hard water at home that I make sure to wash and enjoy my hair when I travel to an area with soft water.

It becomes full and soft and very manageable.

Katurday
June 9th, 2008, 01:58 PM
My hair responds very well to any moisture in the air.
In the climate that I live in, most of the year is very dry, yet now when everyone's hair is getting fuzzy and bleh, my hair is getting volumonous.
Even going up to a lake or something makes my hair pretty.
So yeah. I go on vacation just for pretty hair.

FrannyG
June 9th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Oh definitely. I've noticed this wherever I've gone, long before I was ever as aware of my hair as I am since LHC.

There are dozens of factors that contribute to it.

psvzum
June 9th, 2008, 03:01 PM
You bet! Temperature change, humidity and water all make a difference in how my hair behaves.

kwaniesiam
June 9th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Definitely water and climate. In hotels, the water is usually really soft and my hair feels amazing, but looks terrible compared to the hard water I'm used to at home which makes it feel drier if I don't condition properly, but everything falls into place right. Humidity makes my hair frizz out, despite lacking much wave.

DecafJane
June 9th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I live in a humid climate, and whenever we go on a holiday to visit DH's family in a cold, dry climate, my hair develops these marvellous and perfect ringlets all over. Then when I fly home, they are all gone again. :(

n3m3sis42
June 9th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Oh gosh, yes!

Recently, my husband and I stayed in a hotel for one night. The hotel was in the same state in which we live, about an hour and a half north of our home. Weather conditions were similar to those where we live, so it wasn't a weather thing.

I did one lousy WO wash, and my hair was a WRECK. I'm guessing they had hard water at the hotel (our water at home is fairly soft). It was ridiculous!

Flying Betty
June 9th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Oh yeah. I went to visit some friends for a weekend and their water made my hair unbelievably soft. I couldn't keep my hands off of it and I got to amaze everyone else by having them feel it. Of course, the price I paid for that is that it would not stay up in anything I put it in no matter what, but it felt fabulous!

WavyGal
June 9th, 2008, 06:31 PM
My hair always looks worse while on vacation. I can never get it quite as curly as I can get it at home. Hopefully, since I am going to Texas (where I am from and had to leave last year) my hair will actually respond well since I will be going to a very humid climate and my curls like humidity.