PDA

View Full Version : my hair and my menopause

saf
January 29th, 2011, 11:37 AM
i'm not a girly girly hair kind of woman. really i'm not. so why have i spent the past week's free time on here? i'm starting to blame my hormones. anyone else at this time of life started with an uncharacteristic obsession with their hair? is it to do with a feeling of loosing femininity?

Sooze
January 29th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Am the same age, Saf. Definitely hormonal/menopausal and definitely seeing a huge effect on my hair - not a good one. I figured joining LHC would help me try and get some sanity back in relation to my hair care. Most days I don't feel that feminine. I try - really I try. Just don't always succeed. ((hug)) Still - my hair is definitely looking better, lol!

saf
January 29th, 2011, 12:07 PM
hey sooze. not talking about changes in hair but changes in head that make me even consider my hair. Usually it's the last thing on my mind and i've spent all my life not dealing with it at all, not noticing it really most of the time. i like it now.

BunnyBee
January 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I don't know about it being to do with femininity since we have quite a lot of guys on here too!

Maybe having something to obsess about is taking your mind off other things in your life?

Loving long hair needn't have a reason behind it though :D

jeanniet
January 29th, 2011, 01:53 PM
In my case I really don't think the two are related. Just a coincidence. So far I can't say I've seen a difference in my hair, but then I'm taking better care of it so maybe that's why.

Caldonia Sun
January 29th, 2011, 02:23 PM
I think it's more that now we have time to think about such things. I have time now for myself that I did not when children were at home and I was more involved in other things. Sort of like a new hobby.