PDA

View Full Version : Short-Hair Styles

in_technicolor
January 28th, 2011, 09:06 PM
So I've been perusing some other threads, as well as Jen's blog and her hair style tutorials (they're great by the way!). My hair is just a bit longer than chin length and I'm trying to avoid heat-styling. I used the straighten every day with the flat-iron, I know, tsk-tsk! It tends to dry sort of weird naturally, sort of wavy at some parts but straight in others...it looks very awkward.

What styling routines do you guys use? (or DID you use for those of you who have been growing for a long time!)

Saila_
January 28th, 2011, 09:20 PM
On damp hair, I put some leave in conditioner and scrunch. Then I leave it alone and let it air dry. This technique has helped some wavies as well.

You might find this thread (and website, possibly!) helpful:
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/112371-techniques-links-supersoaker-spritz-condish-plopping-frizz-clipping-icequeen-etc.html

in_technicolor
January 29th, 2011, 07:47 AM
There's a lot of good stuff on that site. My hair really refuses to curl at all though, since half of it was chemically straightened once. I guess I've got sort of a unique hair texture situation because of that.

jaine
January 29th, 2011, 09:57 AM
When I had short hair I parted and combed my wet hair with some hard-hold gel in it (this one (http://www.maxgreenalchemy.com/item--Scalp-Rescue-Sculpting-Gel--MGASCU.html)) and let it air dry in the car on the way to work (it took about half an hour to fully air dry .... SIGH!!!! I miss that). Then when I arrived at work I combed it again to remove the crunchy feeling and I had smooth shiny hair ... similar to the look of flat-ironed hair, but without heat.

Sigh...I miss how easy my styling routine was with short hair. I imagine it'll become easy again when I have long hair but shoulder length is a very awkward length for me and I have to spend a lot more time and effort to get it to dry in a good shape.

KittyLost
January 29th, 2011, 10:51 AM
When my hair was at chin instead of straightening I started Wrapping with wet hair. It gave me straight hair with volume and a natural curl at the ends and usually my hair dries naturally in all random curls and waves.

Wrapping is just wrapping the hair around your head and keeping it in place with bobby pins until it's dry and you can brush it out. If you youtube it there is lots of videos, mainly of people who wrap thier already straight hair to keep it straight but it works just the same on wet hair I found :)