PDA

View Full Version : Hair stick recommendations?

Messyhair
January 28th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Can anyone recommend any nice hairsticks? I tend to like simple ones - so far I have two sets of dymondwood. I have an indigo set of ketylos and a charcoal ruby set of PapaDonH's. I hope to boost my collection with some cool sticks.

By the way, does anyone know how to get in touch with PapaDonH? I got in touch with him through ebay to make my sticks, but I can't seem to find him now. I'm out of the long hair loop. :p

krissykins
January 29th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I cannot personally answer your question, but I will bump your thread in hopes that some brilliant member will come along and give you a fabulous recommendation!

Viechen
January 29th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Hi there,
I like simple sticks as well with a little color and I have gotten mine at PacificMerchantile (on Etsy). His sticks are amazing, fit my hair length and thickness perfectly and he is wonderful to talk to if you have any questions/concerns... I have never ordered frum Lady Idun (also on Etsy) but I hear so many wonderful things about her that I think I will ask for a custom made stick soon :)
Hope this helps...

emmebean
January 29th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I adore Lady Idun, I've got like 12 from them, and 3 customs. They're wonderful to work with. The sticks are super smooth and hold wonderfully!!!

ibleedlipstick
January 29th, 2011, 10:19 AM
From what I have heard, PapaDonH is no longer making hair sticks :( I heard rumor that it was because of illness, but I'm fairly new here and could be completely wrong. All I know is that the second a set of his sticks hit the swap board, they go fast!

GRU
January 29th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I adore Lady Idun, I've got like 12 from them, and 3 customs. They're wonderful to work with. The sticks are super smooth and hold wonderfully!!!

I only have two, but I can confirm this about the Lady Idun sticks! :cheese:

Messyhair
January 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I just ordered a pair from PacificMerchantile and I checked out Lady Idun's but they're a bit pricey for me right now. I'm sure I will end up with a custom pair in the near future, however. Gorgeous sticks!!

Keep the recommendations coming! I'm upset that Papadonh isn't making sticks any more, but at least I have a custom pair and I'm holding on to them!