PDA

View Full Version : Not blowdrying is giving me an itchy scalp

stargrape
June 9th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I have noticed that when I let my hair dry naturally, by the end of the day I just want to rip my nails through my scalp (especially at the back of my head) - it itches SO much. BUT when I do a through blow dry, no itch. What is up with this? I have pretty fine hair and 2 days is the most I can go between washing.

Curlsgirl
June 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I would suggest if it really is that to just dry your roots. That way the length of your hair won't get dried out but you won't have the itch. You might try scritching also, could be the sebum. Also scalp massage is a good idea.

Leisha
June 9th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Hmm I have that too when my scalp stays wet too long after washing, like if I do a damp bun and leave it for hours without taking it down sometimes and sort of shaking my hair out a bit or leaving it loose for a while.

Curlsgirl's suggestion is good I think! Otherwise I wouldn't know anything that might help.
If you just blowdry the scalp/roots area carefully and on a low heat, I don't think it will hurt your hair too much...

kathyblack1
June 10th, 2008, 10:09 AM
why dont you just try blow drying on cool? It's essentially the same as air drying only faster. You can even try just blowing your scalp dry and leave the rest to air dry.

doodlesmart
June 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Depending on exactly how you blow dry, it may not be the blow dryer, but the brushing/combing/manipulation that occurs while you blow dry that your scalp misses. I would go with trying some scritching or a scalp massage as well. This is of course assuming based on your asking that you are wanting to cut back on the blow drying.