PDA

View Full Version : Happy post :)

einna
January 28th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Hi! Just felt like sharing my hair related happiness! Had some good experiences lately :)

First of all: I just found a note with length measurements from 11 months ago, when I started caring about hair. I have been sacrificing lenght, to grow out dye and damage. Still, its about 4 inches longer now!

Secondly: After my last trim, I noticed that my ends got thicker! Due to less damage from dye, heat and harsh shampoo? Can that happen?

Third: As you can see in my profile pic - I`ve got shine!!

Fourth: Just cut SLS and silicones! And it works for my hair.

Last: I just had a shopping spree online, and bought a flexi8, satin pillowcase, a BBB, hairsticks and some scrunchies! Now I`m ready for my next mission: Learning updoes!

Please share your happies with me!
Hugs to all :D And a very good night :)

HairFaerie
January 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Cool! Nice to hear you had a happy hair day! :)

Congrats on your growth & shine!

lyria
January 28th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Yay for happy posts! Your hair really does look shiny! Congrats on the progress :)

Rocket22
January 28th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hi! Just felt like sharing my hair related happiness! Had some good experiences lately :)

First of all: I just found a note with length measurements from 11 months ago, when I started caring about hair. I have been sacrificing lenght, to grow out dye and damage. Still, its about 4 inches longer now!

Yay 4" is a lot!!!!

Secondly: After my last trim, I noticed that my ends got thicker! Due to less damage from dye, heat and harsh shampoo? Can that happen?

Oh yes it can!!! I have just discoved this through my own photos, better care = better ends

Third: As you can see in my profile pic - I`ve got shine!!

:cheese: shine is always the best

Fourth: Just cut SLS and silicones! And it works for my hair.

that is wonderful you have found what works for your hair type.

Last: I just had a shopping spree online, and bought a flexi8, satin pillowcase, a BBB, hairsticks and some scrunchies! Now I`m ready for my next mission: Learning updoes!

Im right with you on this one!!! I bought my first all of these this month! and my goal as well is to learn nice updoes! although I don't like my hair up very well, but just the last day or two I have been liking it???? hummm go figure

Please share your happies with me!
Hugs to all :D And a very good night :)

Yay to LHC and learning new things!

Milui Elenath
January 28th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Beautiful shine, colour and health!

Dragon
January 28th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Thats great news :)

ladycaladium
January 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Yea!!! (doing the happy dance)

And yea!!!! on the shopping spree too! Learning updos is more fun with hairtoys. (...opens up new web tab, starts googling hairtoy venders...)

rena
January 29th, 2011, 04:37 AM
*Hugs back* So happy for you! I know just how you feel too. I've been experiencing some nice change overs with my hair as well:)

in_technicolor
January 29th, 2011, 07:34 AM
That's awesome! Congrats :)

virgo75
January 29th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Congratulations on your happiness! :cheese:
Your hair looks very shiny and happy too. :agree:

My own hair happiness - I think I've finally found a leave-in I can stick with - Paul Mitchell The Conditioner. :) It does what I've always wanted a leave-in to do - condition my hair. lol

Shay0969
January 29th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Your hair is so pretty in your new picture. Like everyone has said--healthy and shiny.

I am growing out the old dye too. And having withdrawals about not dyeing my hair. It has always been short, and I varied the colors with my mood--It has been almost every "normal" color I can think of, and a few more "punky" colors.

I love to see hair like yours--it helps me resist the urge to dye. Not saying I never will again, but I should probably at least see how my natural hair looks:D

anodyne_ame
January 29th, 2011, 09:41 AM
That's awesome, congrats! :D
Yesterday my mom spontaneously commented that my hair looks shinier and is a lot softer to the touch than it was before (a few months back, hair treatment gone bad). I was so happy :)

irishlady
January 29th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Your hair looks great! Congrats :)

I am feeling good about my hair lately too, it looks thicker and has shine, and no split ends! I also bought a few things for it the other day, some scrunchies and small claw clips, and some u-shaped pins.

All thanks to LHC's good hair care tips :)

Anywhere
January 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Yay, progress! :D

the thicker ends are not nessicarily due to damage, hair grows at different rates and will taper/fairytale in time. I'm also growing out dye. I initially thought it would take 5 years to grow it out, but it's been a year and a half and it's already halfway grown out. Faster than expected. :D

einna
January 29th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks so much for all the sweet replies :) Makes my day! Good to hear about other peoples hair happies too :)

I really like TLHC, it`s such a nice place, espessially compared to other forums I have visited.
It also gives the Best hair advice and information. I had been searching the net for hair care tips for over 6 months before I found this site, and there is soo much contradicting info, and just plain BS out there.
So here`s to TLHC! :D

einna
January 29th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Your hair is so pretty in your new picture. Like everyone has said--healthy and shiny.

I am growing out the old dye too. And having withdrawals about not dyeing my hair. It has always been short, and I varied the colors with my mood--It has been almost every "normal" color I can think of, and a few more "punky" colors.

I love to see hair like yours--it helps me resist the urge to dye. Not saying I never will again, but I should probably at least see how my natural hair looks:D

Ooh, thank you so much! It was a hassle growing it out, but it really is worth it :)

krissykins
January 29th, 2011, 11:55 AM
This deserves some dancing cheese!

:cheese:

I'm super happy for you :) that sounds like great progess! And your hair in your signature is gorgeous

ancilla
January 29th, 2011, 12:05 PM
That's awesome! Enjoy your new goodies, I am planning on having a hair shopping spree soon too.