PDA

View Full Version : Search & Destroy!

Rosepot
January 28th, 2011, 07:23 AM
So.. i'm at work right now, it has the perfect lighting to search and destroy - (I work in a huge glass building, so much lovely daylight!) i'm finding it so difficult not to get my scissors out my bag and start snipping! :scissors: - without looking crazy.

Do you think anyone would notice?? I work in an open plan office with about 400 people per floor.. my scissors are bright pink with flowers on them.. i love them :crush:

Cupofmilk
January 28th, 2011, 07:33 AM
That made me laugh! It's the sort of thing I would want to do at work - or anytime they catch my eye!

thisischristine
January 28th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Me too! I seem to see them so well when I don't have my scissors handy...

krissykins
January 28th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Oh, people will notice. And you will look crazy. Especially with scissors like that. But to each their own I guess...

Haha :p JUST KIDDING. I think you should do it ;) then just say "I saw Katherine Heigl doing it in 27 Dresses" if anyone questions you.

Dragon
January 28th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I agree that people will notice and they will probably think you are crazy. I did it a school once during my lunch brake, and people thought I was crazy :D

Cirafly24
January 28th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I do it all the time at work, and no one has commented!

FoxRain
January 28th, 2011, 08:58 PM
What's wrong with being crazy?

Go for it :D

vampodrama
January 29th, 2011, 03:53 AM
I do it all the time at work, and no one has commented!

Who would comment on a crazy lady who is holding scissors? :D

Just kidding. I do this at work too. But then again, I've never claimed to be even remotely normal so people don't pay that much attention to me any more...:)

Rosepot
January 29th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Haha, that's very true! They are sharp scissors! :scissors:

I actually managed to get away with it! I would love just an hour at work to search and destroy, it would be my dream. I'm one of those people that really enjoys it :D

spidermom
January 29th, 2011, 10:19 AM
At work? Inappropriate. You're supposed to be doing what they pay you to do, and since you're on site and anybody/everybody can see you, you could get into trouble.

My work station is at home where nobody can see me, and sometimes I find myself spending far too long S&Ding or getting lost on the Internet (especially here).

MaiCarInMtl
January 30th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I tend to have this problem at work too since I leave home when it's dark and come home when it's dark again. I usually have my scissors on my desk anyway so if I find it's a really bad hair, I just look around to make sure no one is watching and snip the one problem hair and get back to work. Another amazing place for S&D: the husband's car!!! He's driving, I'm bored, the lighting is always amazing... He's not keen on it though, even if I offer to vacuum the thing afterwards.

By the way, how often is too often for S&D? I sometimes wonder if I'm going a bit nutty with the number of hairs I feel should be snipped.

Cirafly24
February 1st, 2011, 08:42 PM
Who would comment on a crazy lady who is holding scissors? :D

Just kidding. I do this at work too. But then again, I've never claimed to be even remotely normal so people don't pay that much attention to me any more...:)

:laugh:

Funny coincidence, I was S&Ding at my desk this afternoon when my co-worker popped his head over my cubicle wall to ask me a question. He looked kind of confused, and said "what are you doing?" I just looked back at him and said "I'm cutting my split ends." He said "Oh ok" and just went on with his question. My answer seemed to make perfect sense to him!

ALYSSA
February 1st, 2011, 09:12 PM
hahahahahhahaha its nice to kno im not the only one who carries my scissors around with me haha.. i just hate split ends! i say go for it! healthy hair is happy hair
i always get dirty looks wen im in the middle of class sutting my splits. i like to jus tell my self their jelous i have that many fewer split ends then them lol

Cailie
February 1st, 2011, 09:24 PM
S & D is insanely addictive :rolleyes:

I actually have a love/hate relationship with damaged and split hair, because while I like my hair to be healthy I am so happy to find damage that I can cut off. Each time feels like a little victory :o