PDA

View Full Version : Today I realized that this whole long-hair thing might have gone too far.

ibleedlipstick
January 28th, 2011, 12:24 AM
I have always thought myself as being above certain behaviors, such as hair-typing other people or wanting to tell them how to make their hair healthier. My view was to do my own thing, and let others live in the way they wish. I was quite sure that I had far, far better self control than anyone else here. Frankly, I felt like I was an elite wanna-be longhair — a rare, self-actualized breed.

Until today, when I was at the dentist. I counted the split ends in my poor dentist's fringe. There were fourteen. I had scissors in my bag. It was all I could do not to offer my assistance. They were just so... big. And obvious — the light hit them perfectly, showcasing there eagerness to be removed. They wanted to be removed! Desperately. I could hear their cries for freedom. And her hair looked really good overall, and I wanted to help, and... yeah.

*this is to be read as sarcasm. I'm really not that in love with myself, nor do I hear split ends speaking. :p

sonng
January 28th, 2011, 12:37 AM
so u cut your dentist's splits? o. o???

Ishje
January 28th, 2011, 12:38 AM
maybe it is a virus :p

personally I think it is fine to have an opinion about everything, including other peoples hair or lifestyle.
everybody does it XD it won't really matter until you say something about it, or make someone feel bad about it.
so the trick is to keep it to yourself, and not make the other person feel bad.
I am not implying you did that of course! :) this is just a general thought.

ravenreed
January 28th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Um, yeah. I am content to let other people do whatever they want to their hair, including process it until it flat falls out. If they are happy, I am happy. But for some reason, splits are really, really noticeable to me. I would never say anything to anyone, but I do see them. :eye:

Debra83
January 28th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Sooooo funny!!!! I bet you didn't even notice the drilling going on!!!! lol :D

ibleedlipstick
January 28th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Sooooo funny!!!! I bet you didn't even notice the drilling going on!!!! lol :D

It was the best way to tune the drills out! I hate the grindy sensation, so it was a way to distract myself.

And no, I didn't say a word, nor did I cut the splits. I just loosely contemplated it.:D

fluffybunny
January 28th, 2011, 01:06 AM
You showed amazing self-restraint. Those ends were begging for :scissors:

Phalaenopsis
January 28th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Very funny post :D

PrincessBob
January 28th, 2011, 01:20 AM
I have splits all over my hem and since my hair is so thick, no search and destroy will ever truly rid me of them, but I think my hair looks much better, now. However my friend pointed out a split that I was contemplating snipping as soon as I was out of her car. It was a moment of uncomfortable awkwardness that I may take a long time getting over.

swivelhop
January 28th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Heck I used to trim the splits out of the person sitting in front of me's hair in this one.... BORING class. (with consent of course)

Mesmerise
January 28th, 2011, 05:06 AM
What gets me is... she had split hair in her fringe!!! Wow I always thought hair would have to be longer than that to split. I would have had the urge to trim too lol... everytime I have someone sitting in front of me with lots of splits I long to go S&D them! Drives me nuts!! If I see one in my own hair and I've got no scissors handy, I will grab hold of that hair...and go get some scissors immediately if possible for eradication! And if I am nowhere near scissors I try and memorise the spot the hair is so I can find it again :p.

Nae
January 28th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Oh my, that must have been terrible! In the dreaded dentist's seat AND being mocked by split ends? That sounds like a recipe for the worst day ever! You are too funny!

julliams
January 28th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I had a similar experience where I was standing behind this woman who clearly took great pride in her appearance but what I suspect she didn't know was that almost EVERY hair strand was split. She needed an overall trim and I bit my tongue to not tell her.

krissykins
January 28th, 2011, 09:10 AM
LOL! I applaud your strength in your restraint. That couldn't have ended well, especially if the drill was in your mouth! (Just imagine what a surprised dentist might do! Eep!)

ooo
January 28th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I'm sorry, that you had to find out, that you were just like us :p

Love your posting, it's hilarious! :D

Rocket22
January 28th, 2011, 10:02 AM
This was too funny. good thing you were not sitting in front of me, I probably wouldn't have any hair left.. :) I don't look for split ends and I certainly don't want to (on me) , but I have noticed I have become the silent hair police. :laugh:

lyria
January 28th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Hehehe, that's awesome! (I agree that I tend to just keep my thoughts to myself on other people's hair, but sometimes you see something sooo over bleached or straightened and I have a hard tie keeping my mouth shut!)

LaurelSpring
January 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I tell you what, when you are sitting in that dentist chair with your mouth open and nothing to do but stare at the head in front of you, you really notice things. My dentist has the most beautiful blue eyes and I really think he's cute anyway, and since I couldnt go anywhere or do anything I amused and allowed myself the luxury of staring into them which normally socially would have been inappropriate or uncomfortable. :oops:

BrightEyes7
January 28th, 2011, 11:28 AM
You have far more will power than I. :laugh:

Tressie
January 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
LOL!! Yep, you've got it bad!! Ha, ha, this proves my contention that you don't have to have long hair to have splits! (o:

Xandergrammy
January 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I have always thought myself as being above certain behaviors, such as hair-typing other people or wanting to tell them how to make their hair healthier. My view was to do my own thing, and let others live in the way they wish. I was quite sure that I had far, far better self control than anyone else here. Frankly, I felt like I was an elite wanna-be longhair — a rare, self-actualized breed.

Until today, when I was at the dentist. I counted the split ends in my poor dentist's fringe. There were fourteen. I had scissors in my bag. It was all I could do not to offer my assistance. They were just so... big. And obvious — the light hit them perfectly, showcasing there eagerness to be removed. They wanted to be removed! Desperately. I could hear their cries for freedom. And her hair looked really good overall, and I wanted to help, and... yeah.

*this is to be read as sarcasm. I'm really not that in love with myself, nor do I hear split ends speaking. :p

Thanks for the giggle. I would have been thinking the same thing! :gabigrin:

PineappleJello
January 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I wish there was a facebook style like button on here :D