PDA

View Full Version : I was at classic before I went to the hairdresser. OMG!

PseudoScot
January 27th, 2011, 07:37 PM
So I went to get my hair trimmed today at one of those walk-in places.

I haven't measured formally for awhile, but I'm at classic. All I wanted was a little trim.

The hairdreser, S, put me in the chair. She sectioned off my hair and proceeded to do the following:

- She spritzed down my hair with water as requested [it had been in a bun all day]
- I offered to stand but she had me sit, she constantly had to lean over
- She was pleasant
- She told me that layers would NOT look good in my hair
- She did NOT bring up Locks of Love
- She cut off exactly what I requested - somewhere between a half inch and 3/4.
- She mentioned one product to me and only that one because it was on sale.

I paid, tipped, and left. Still at classic.

The End

This post is based on actual events. No hairdressers, dignity, morals, animals, lawn signs or long hair sensibilities were harmed in the making of this trim.

Hotrox
January 27th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I was waiting for the horror story :p

I'm happy for you that is was so uneventful, congratulations on staying at classic!

enfys
January 27th, 2011, 07:42 PM
OMG. You should talk to the manager. She's obviously not doing her job right.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that :grouphug:

jasper
January 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Yay! Good to hear a good report.

buzzlegum
January 27th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Haha, nice. Definitely gives me hope.

Oz
January 27th, 2011, 07:53 PM
clap clap clap clap clap braaavooooo

PrincessTieflin
January 27th, 2011, 07:58 PM

:hifive:

Going to be laughing at that all night :D

Jessica Trapp
January 27th, 2011, 08:01 PM
LOL! I was waiting for some horror story. YAY on having a great cut and an awesome hairdresser!

Mesmerise
January 27th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Nice! Last time I was at the hairdresser for a trim I was specific... I said I want a trim, I indicated with my fingers a length of about an inch. She asked me about FIVE TIMES if I wanted layers... OMG I had just finished saying how THIN my hair is due to shedding... like I want to thin the ends out MORE by layering??

Next time I will find a hairdresser with long hair... at least they seem to get it :rolleyes: Every hairdresser at that salon had short chopped hair!

MaKenna90
January 27th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I went for a trim today too, and had a similiar experience, where she cut exactly what i asked. (granted my hair is slightly shorter:D ) I was really nervous that I would lose some serious length, just when it was starting to feel somewhat long. I was so happy.

JuneBride
January 27th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Yippie Congrats on finding a keeper!!!

LadyG
January 27th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Standing Ovation! I feel very happy for you that it was a great experience. Definitely tell her boss. Oh, and don't forget to keep going back to her - she's a precious gem.

rusika1
January 27th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Hee! I had a similar experience last week, (spraybottle, sectioning, no layers, and crouching down) although I lost about 3 inches. I'm still at tailbone, and my ends look SO MUCH BETTER. My buns are all off kilter now though, I have to readjust.

Went to the beauty college with my washed, slightly damp hair up in a bun. The student was so cute, she thanked me several times for trusting her with my hair, and asked if she could take a picture of it when she finished.

misstwist
January 27th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Went to the beauty college with my washed, slightly damp hair up in a bun. The student was so cute, she thanked me several times for trusting her with my hair, and asked if she could take a picture of it when she finished.

That is cute!

PrincessBob
January 27th, 2011, 10:51 PM

I think I'm going to die. I really needed that laugh, things are tough right now. Thank you.

christine1989
January 27th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Yay! Now that's a good hairdresser. Mine always does exactly what I want done wether its just taking off 1/4 of an inch or a whole foot with tons of layers. Its nice to find one who dosen't second guess you all the time. :)

SilverLocks
January 27th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Good one! I really had an "oh, no" moment when I read your title.

This post is based on actual events. No hairdressers, dignity, morals, animals, lawn signs or long hair sensibilities were harmed in the making of this trim.:rollin:

Druid of Alba
January 27th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Haha, you had me tricked, I too thought something horrible had happened!
I'm glad you've found a good stylist, you should stick with her, they're hard to come by!

fluffybunny
January 27th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Wow, that's great. Now I hope you'll report it was half-price because it was such an easy haircut to do.

Lamb
January 28th, 2011, 12:08 AM
:laugh: :thumbsup:

leoninnu
January 28th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Haha, this is like fairytale with an happy ending :D (good trim is worth at least two princes on a white horse!)

Gumball
January 28th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I was completely expecting a bad turn of events, too. Whoohoo for your success!

Okay, I adored the footer, too. :laugh: Why won't other people think of the lawn signs?!

Dragon
January 28th, 2011, 12:27 AM
I was thinking it was another horrible story. I am glad it isn’t :) That’s great news :)

Phexlyn
January 28th, 2011, 01:45 AM
I was waiting for the horror story as well... but I'm glad you had such a pleasant experience! :)

I still get nervous at the thought of going to a salon again, so if I should feel the need to get a professional cut, I'll probably ask a friend to accompany me.

Lianna
January 28th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Very nice post. We need more of those. There are tons of nice hairdressers around. :)

Purdy Bear
January 28th, 2011, 03:19 AM
OMG you need to hold onto that hairdresser like metal to a magnet.

EvaSimone
January 28th, 2011, 03:34 AM
:lol: This sounds like 100% of my experiences with a hair dresser minus the classic length thing. haha.

Glad your trim turned out well!

Ishje
January 28th, 2011, 03:37 AM
hurray for the hairdresser :D
it is good to hear a positive story from time to time as well XD

Alvrodul
January 28th, 2011, 03:56 AM
So I went to get my hair trimmed today at one of those walk-in places.

I haven't measured formally for awhile, but I'm at classic. All I wanted was a little trim.

The hairdreser, S, put me in the chair. She sectioned off my hair and proceeded to do the following:

- She spritzed down my hair with water as requested
- I offered to stand but she had me sit, she constantly had to lean over
- She was pleasant
- She told me that layers would NOT look good in my hair
- She did NOT bring up Locks of Love
- She cut off exactly what I requested - somewhere between a half inch and 3/4.
- She mentioned one product to me and only that one because it was on sale.

I paid, tipped, and left. Still at classic.

The End

This post is based on actual events. No hairdressers, dignity, morals, animals, lawn signs or long hair sensibilities were harmed in the making of this trim.

You sure had me fooled! :D
Great story! :D

I went for a trim today too, and had a similiar experience, where she cut exactly what i asked. (granted my hair is [I]slightly shorter:D ) I was really nervous that I would lose some serious length, just when it was starting to feel somewhat long. I was so happy.

Understandable. We get somewhat inured to the horror stories here on the board - it is wonderful to hear some happies, too!:D

Hee! I had a similar experience last week, (spraybottle, sectioning, no layers, and crouching down) although I lost about 3 inches. I'm still at tailbone, and my ends look SO MUCH BETTER. My buns are all off kilter now though, I have to readjust.

Another happy ending! :D Did she get to take a picture?

dropinthebucket
January 28th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Awesome!

(and then some because it has to be at least 10 characters, apparently!)

rosek
January 28th, 2011, 05:40 AM
I'm so glad you had such a positive experience at the hairdressers. I've started cutting my own, because I want to lose as little length as possible (and don't mind if my hemline is a little uneven).

WaitingSoLong
January 28th, 2011, 07:11 AM
What a great post! Maybe I should just stop reasding LHC today and leave on that note :O) Thanks for brightening my morning! I LOVE the footer.

Muse
January 28th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Hurray for your hairdresser! :cheese:

GRU
January 28th, 2011, 07:48 AM
And *this*, boys and girls, is why I love LHC.

Fun people with a great sense of humor who are willing to share their personal life experiences.

And I can sleep easier knowing that yard signs are safe from harm, too! :lol:

spidermom
January 28th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I was actually holding my breath!

Bravo on the successful trim.

Pixna
January 28th, 2011, 08:32 AM
WHEW!!!!!!! Like everyone else, I was bracing for the worst. It's wonderful to have a happy story with a happy outcome. :applause

lapushka
January 28th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I'm really happy for you!

PseudoScot
January 28th, 2011, 06:20 PM
:D I am glad y'all took it in the right spirit. I've actually used her before but feel bad for the drama around 'bad' hairdressers so thought I'd post about my experience, albeit a bit tongue-in-cheek. The haircut was not half price but it was still a deal. ;) In my adult life I've pretty much had 100% success with hairdressers. Communication is key!

kwaniesiam
January 28th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Communication is key!

This x10000000

Glad it went well, there aren't enough stories like this around here.

BrightEyes7
January 28th, 2011, 06:31 PM

I'm happy for you that is was so uneventful, congratulations on staying at classic!

Me too... I was starting to think to myself 'CLASSIC...and it got butchered!!!'

Glad to know that non-scissor happy stylists exist!

Thanks for giving us hope :laugh:

squiggyflop
January 28th, 2011, 06:34 PM
oh she is a keeper.. ive never had a good experience really at a salon..

ladycaladium
January 28th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Oh wow, I thought this was going to end with "and I left with [insert different, not requested length here] hair!"

And as others have mentioned, the footer was great.

Beatnik Guy
January 28th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Phew. :D

Hmmm, though, I think pix-or-it-didn't-happen is probably overdue. I promise to :thud:.

x0h_bother
January 28th, 2011, 07:25 PM

:lol: Hahahaha!

GlassWidow
January 28th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Great post! :)

Anywhere
January 28th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Lol. Best thing I read all day. Yay for you!

Jenn of Pence
January 29th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Lol, whew. Thanks for this post. :) I need a trim this weekend, so thank you for a boost of confidence that my hair probably won't get hacked on or butchered, especially if I am clear about how much I want off.

Besides lawn signs, I would add hairbrushes, because those tend to become projectiles of fury after my bad haircuts! :laugh:

princessp
January 29th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Lol, that was great! :)

Speedbump
January 29th, 2011, 08:47 AM
OMG, you're not allowed to make me worry like that! :lol:

And then next thought: NEED PICS!!! :twisted:

CrisDee
January 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
:spitting: SNORT!!!:spitting: LOVE the disclaimer! So glad you had a positive experience :)

akuamoonmaui
January 29th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Hahahahahaha! I was actually holding my breath waiting for the "oh no!!!". Too funny!

pepperminttea
January 29th, 2011, 01:45 PM
:lol: That's brilliant! So nice to read a positive experience with a good hairdresser.

jeanniet
January 29th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I'm with Beatnik Guy--I wanna see pics!

marzipanthecat
January 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Well, that didn't have the ending I was expecting.

Hurrah for happy endings!

Luminescence
January 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I was at hip length or more...then I went for a trim. She didn't cut off much, but then I started complaining that the hemline was uneven and whatnot...Now I'm at waistlength. :( Silly, silly me...

jessie58
January 29th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I don't believe one word of it.

I will require photos as proof. :D

Neoma
January 29th, 2011, 05:43 PM
If there aren't pics, it didn't happen... :drama:

Nae
January 29th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks for making my day! That was awesome. So glad you had a great experience!

dreamsofthewind
January 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM
you are so lucky! I've been to countless hairdressers since I started growing my hair out 4 years ago, and EVERY SINGLE ONE has cut off way more than I asked for.

Tookii
January 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Ha, I was expecting something horrible when I first read your title!
But thats fab you got a decent hairdresser to cut your hair, shes a keeper.
BTW, I love that post from enfys - I needed that laugh :D

PseudoScot
February 6th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks all for your positive comments. I will aim for pics soon. ;)

varintalonguard
February 17th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Every time I get a good hairdresser they move like 5 hours away. I've been trimming my own hair for over a year for this very reason. I feel like my very presence gets people offers for wonderful jobs far away from me...its weird.:rolleyes:

curlymarcia
February 17th, 2011, 08:55 AM
It is so good to hear a nice story about hair salons. Thanks for sharing!

pariate
February 17th, 2011, 12:39 PM

Lol. Me too! Glad it went well.

Delila
February 17th, 2011, 01:43 PM

Hilarious!

Glad you had a good experience. :cheese:

Zefyra
February 17th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Fantastic to hear a good story! The only hair dresser I trust is my Aunt and even she has pokey finger nails and wants to "tease the crown a bit for volume"... :rolleyes: