PDA

View Full Version : Thinking About Cutting

kc
January 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Oh - I don't know what to do, but I am considering cutting. I am now at classic length and am thinking about cutting to bra strap length. I don't know if it is because of the super cold weather or what, but my hair just seems to be very unmanageable. It is on the thinner side and no what matter what I do, it just seems to want to lay completely flat with no volume or body whatsoever. Also, I can never, ever seem to where it down anymore. Maybe if it was a bit shorter, I could wear it down more. I have had it this length now for several years, so maybe I just need a change. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks so much!

krissykins
January 27th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Would trimming a little bit off the ends help? It might soothe the desire to cut and make your hair more manageable.

phylsgyrl
January 27th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Would trimming a little bit off the ends help? It might soothe the desire to cut and make your hair more manageable.

I completely agree with kirssykins; trim the ends and get rid of all the damage. Maybe wait until spring/summer to see if that helps before you make a drastic decision.

SummerSkye
January 27th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I'm very new to being active on this site so Im sure there is going to be many more experienced people who can give you much more advice. Would it be an option to cut it up to tb or waist length to start with rather than going for as drastic a change as up to bsl? Another option woul be maybe to see how your hair is behaving in a couple of months once the better weather comes in?

spidermom
January 27th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Whatever it is, it's contagious! My hair is the same length with different problems, and I want to cut it right now, THIS MINUTE!

jeanniet
January 27th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't cut all the way up to BSL (yet). Do you remember the last length where you felt your hair was manageable and you were really happy with it? If you're at classic now, you may be very happy with it at hip or even waist. I would cut back first to TB or hip and see how you feel about it. If it's not enough, then cut to waist. Making a series of less drastic cuts will help you to really decide what the best length is for you. Once you cut all the way to BSL, you won't be able to change your mind. :)

Rocket22
January 27th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Agree go slow so you know that is what you want and not just doing something you will regret.. but change is good!!! once a goal is reached then what? so I personally say cut away just do it slow as to not cut more than you should have :)

lyria
January 27th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Classic to BSL is a big cut, could you do a smaller one? I tend to choose healthy hair of length so I don't like to have long hair unless it's healthy long hair and I cut accordingly. But you are talking about a big cut, is that much of the length damaged?

xoxophelia
January 27th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I would suggest cutting back to the second to longest body marker like TB and then waiting two weeks and then cutting to hip if you still want to. You could also try cutting it back to TB and then just putting it up and forgetting about it.

I've also felt the urge to cut lately! I think it is the dry weather making my thick hair wrap around everything including my own neck :o

LHCMAN
January 27th, 2011, 12:38 PM
When in doubt, always go for a dusting. I tend to do dumb things when I'm indecisive.

LaurelSpring
January 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Whatever it is, it's contagious! My hair is the same length with different problems, and I want to cut it right now, THIS MINUTE!

Please step away from the scissors! :tmi:

UltraBella
January 27th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I totally understand how you feel. My appointment to cut mine is on Monday ! I really do think I will wear my hair down more if it is shorter and has more volume and shape. I am so excited !!!
Considering you are at classic, I think you should ease into the shorter style. Like cut halfway, say waist or TB and then decide from there. You can easily take more off but it takes a long time to grow it. Sometimes we really do need a change, for me it is definitely time.