PDA

View Full Version : Comments by children

foerland
June 9th, 2008, 12:23 AM
On my way to work the other day I got a "hair comment". :)
Passing by a kindergarden on my bike I saw two boys standing inside the gate. As I passed I heard one of them say loadly: "HA HA! en damemann!!". Translated: "HA HA! a ladyman!!" :D.
Maybe I should take this as a hint to get my hair cut ;).

Kuchen
June 9th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Hahahaha! That's funny. Kids have a very simple way of viewing the world. We need more storybooks with longhaired men (or perhaps they could watch an edited version of LOTR? LOL). I can only think of a Babette Cole book but I'm sure there are more.

bte
June 9th, 2008, 02:04 AM
I too have found children very uninhibited in their comments. Some are obviously unused to seeing long haired men - I remember one who asked ker mother if I was allowed to wear a ponytail; others less so - one showed me her collection of hair toys, recognising me as a fellow longhair; and one boy said he wanted to have hair like mine when he was older (a lot older, probably!).

Saranne772
June 9th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I love the comments children make in respect of all things. They are so innocent and sweet and often extremely naive.

One child called me Cindarella :D Made my year!

Lixie
June 9th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Haha, that's kinda cute. Good for you for being able to laugh about it. :D

I remember walking along my street with my hair loose one day, when a pair of children of about five stage whispered "Wow, she has WITCH HAIR!" Teehee! I was immensely flattered. :lol:

DecafJane
June 9th, 2008, 04:43 AM
That is so cute! :D

Alun
June 9th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I remember once a little girl in a department store pointing me out to her mother and saying "That man has long hair"! I spoke to the girl and commented that she did too, and asked her if she liked having long hair, which she did, and she asked me the same question, so of course I told her I liked having long hair.

Her mother seemed embarassed, but kids just say whatever's on their mind.

Stagecoach
June 9th, 2008, 11:15 AM
haha, kids are very open a forth right with their opinon that's for sure! I just had my 7 year old nephew tell me I should cut my hair 'because it's too long'. And I'm honestly not sure where he got that idea cause his dad is one of my only siblings who encourages me to NOT cut... the others all think I'm just a 'little' loopy having it so long!

longhairedfairy
June 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Maybe I should take this as a hint to get my hair cut ;).

Oh, nonono! I like long hair on men, lol.:D

longhairedfairy
June 9th, 2008, 03:05 PM
haha, kids are very open a forth right with their opinon that's for sure! I just had my 7 year old nephew tell me I should cut my hair 'because it's too long'. And I'm honestly not sure where he got that idea cause his dad is one of my only siblings who encourages me to NOT cut... the others all think I'm just a 'little' loopy having it so long!

TOO LONG? But you have my dream hair!

joyful373
June 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Today I had a student's relative say "I remember seeing you back in april- you had a loooong pretty braid!" Woo Hoo! Such a sweet compliment :) I know they say whatever's on their mind.. often with little forethought. foerland, I'm glad you could laugh at their comment, and keep on growing that hair out!

Isilme
June 9th, 2008, 03:19 PM
this is still hair, but not on the head;) I sometimes work in a kindergarten and one day a child said "you have arm hair like my dad"... :rolleyes:
On the other hand, the kids go wooow (esp. the girls) when I take my hair down if it's relatively calm.

homeschoolmama
June 9th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I think that's what I like about kids the most... they always speak their mind :)

truepeacenik
June 10th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I've struck packs of kids silent by taking down classic length hair.
best comment I ever got was adult, but I discovered at my last community I was known as "the woman with long hair and long skirts."
My freakin' name was only on the front page of the free newspaper EVERY week.

Sidani
June 10th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Kids do have a way of saying just what's on their minds. lol Glad you could laugh at it, foerland, as you have beautiful red hair.