PDA

View Full Version : time to get a trim???

theAnimeway
June 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I was talking to my Mom.

she said I need a trim she said my ends were all "scuzzy"

I asked her how much needs to be cut

she said "2 inches"

what do you think?

my cameara is dead so no new recent pics

groque
June 8th, 2008, 11:24 PM
your hair in tha pix looks fine but maybe recent pix would be able to see if you do need a trim. if you do and when it gets a little longer you can trim your own hair to contol how much length is taken off. do SDs in the meantime.

Nat242
June 8th, 2008, 11:30 PM
What does she mean by "scuzzy"? Is it because they're split/dry/damaged? Or is your hair growing unevenly, causing the ends to look a bit thin?

It's up to you - if you feel you need a trim, just take off one quarter of an inch - it's not much, but it can make a big difference. If you feel like you need more trimmed off, just take it slow.

If you don't want to trim, just wear it up - or tell your mum that you'll trim in two months time, or something.

-- Natalie

Gumball
June 8th, 2008, 11:33 PM
It's true. Really getting a trim is up to you. If she feels you need to trim off two inches and you agree, well there's the possibility of trimming a half inch a month (if your average growth is that). You'll slowly trim the bad parts and really lose no length. You won't gain any, but the point's still there. :)

If you don't want to trim and feel you can go a good while longer without one (provided you still take great care of your hair as always) then simply keep treating it as best you can and it will enjoy it to the fullest. It's ultimately up to you which course you choose.

SweetPea88
June 8th, 2008, 11:44 PM
It's really up to you. :) How do the ends feel to you? If there is slight damage or dryness, would a S & D or moisture treatment clear it up? Like Nat said, a quarter of an inch trim can really make a lot of difference if you think a trim is needed.

eadwine
June 9th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I am thinking, is she a straighty?

If so, then all she is seeing is your curly ends ;)

JillieRose
June 9th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I am in need of a trim at the moment. My ends are pretty splitty, and all through the length too. That said, maybe a serious S&D session would do. I just want some sharper scissors...after all, I don't want to make it worse!

And, you know, your hair looks fine to me. If you think it's looking scraggly, start small, as has been suggested. And don't panic! Most people don't scrutinise our hair like our mothers do!

FrannyG
June 9th, 2008, 06:00 AM
JillieRose is right. Mothers do see things that no one else in the world sees. :)

I can't really give you any informed advice, because as you say, you haven't posted a recent photo, so I suggest that you look at your own hair and decide. If you decide on a trim, make sure it's a very small one, like a half an inch.

Good luck with it.