PDA

View Full Version : An unusual compliment

WaitingSoLong
January 26th, 2011, 11:58 AM
SO I am wearing my hair up until April, mostly to protect the ends. For some reason my hair snags much more on stuff in the winter (like the zipper on my coat) and it is always windy, it seem, too. I dislike taking my hair down in public (letting it loose) because I know it can be...weird for some people and draw unwanted attention. Well, I made it through Wal-Mart and by the time I was pushing my cart to my car I could feel my hair spitting out my stick. So I tried to keep my head still long enough to get to my car where I could re-do the bun.

It is pretty cold out today, and somewhat windy.

So I get to my car, look around (no one watching) and I take out the stick, re-do the bun in less than 15 seconds. It was probably more like 10. I then proceeded to load my car with my groceries.

When I was done, I went to take my cart to the cart return and I saw an older man (I think early 70's) walking towards me with a smile on his face. He said "I saw you put up your hair just now". It was not creepy or anything at all, I wasn't getting any bad vibes. He imediately began to say how he never knew how women did that kind of stuff and " I thought to myself, she has some long hair!" and how AMAZING it was to watch. LOL. He was really in AWE. I told him I learned by watching videos on the Internet and that there are all kinds of buns you can do like that (I had done the infinity bun). I was not embarassed at all. He said he would take my empty cart and wished me a good day. I think he thought women spend hours or something putting their hair up!

Just thought I would share! Who else am I gonna tell?

Rocket22
January 26th, 2011, 12:03 PM
That is sooo nice.. I think I would have thought the same thing :) I still get amazed with healthy hair and the beauty of it and I'm a girl that has had every length (with extensions though)

Rabya-Khadija
January 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Aww that's sweet :)

Malibu Barbie
January 26th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I love it when the older guys, stop and give a nice comment most of the time they mean it and can be very sweet!

breezefaerie
January 26th, 2011, 01:06 PM
What a nice compliment!

einna
January 26th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Oh, thats so sweet :)

Jessica Trapp
January 26th, 2011, 05:39 PM
awwwww, that's very sweet. :)

Xi
January 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM
That is a lovely story! I once had an elderly man tell me my hair was "a treasure" -- it is nice to have such a sweet and disinterested compliment. :)

Dragon
January 26th, 2011, 06:37 PM
great compliment :)

embee
January 26th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Very nice! I think you made his day. ;)

AnnaJamila
January 26th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Hehe, my husband has that same putting-up-hair obsession! I don't know if he realizes it or not, but he always stops what he's doing to watch me put it up!

Although how you get all that hair up in 10 seconds is mind boggeling!!!

Fufu
January 26th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Wonderful compliment :) Makes your day happy.

Lostsoule77
January 26th, 2011, 07:18 PM
That is so nice! Would've made my day. :)

vanity_acefake
January 26th, 2011, 08:31 PM
That is lovely. What a nice old man.

irishlady
January 26th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Aww things like that make me smile :)

MaggieJoh
January 26th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I've got my own unusual compliment to add. We have a male friend who comes over once a week or so and plays Xbox with my hubby. Well we started him on his own game of Fable 3 (for those that don't know Fable it's well adventure but you play a person who can do whatever marry, have kids etc). Anyways our friend decided to get married in the game to one of the characters guess which one he picked.....

The girl with the longest hair in the game, and he even said he married her for that reason! I am the only woman he knows with long hair, talk about making game time awkward! LOL

Love your share! Older men seems to appreciate the more simple, natural beauty a woman has rather then the plastic and silicone many of the younger men seem to fancy.

Milo
January 27th, 2011, 01:35 AM
Cute! very sweet story.

Ishje
January 27th, 2011, 01:42 AM
those type of compliments are the best ^^

Phalaenopsis
January 27th, 2011, 01:46 AM
A boy I used to know also wanted to see how I put it up, it's funny how mesmerized they can be by something like a bun.

Great compliment!

maria_asa
January 27th, 2011, 01:50 AM
That's so sweat!

arc691
January 27th, 2011, 04:12 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/fantastic-2.gif

What a nice thing to say! Thanks so much for sharing!

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/Smilies/thFrogPrince.gif(This smiley is so cute, I just have to share it!)

Theobroma
January 27th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Reading this just made my day. What a lovely story, and what a charming gentleman. :)

Fabulosity
January 27th, 2011, 05:39 AM
What a sweet story! I bet you made that old man's day. :)

turquoisebud
January 27th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Ah! How nice of him! :o BTW, your hair is beautiful!

craftybunn
January 27th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Super cute! What a nice man.

WaitingSoLong
January 27th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Very nice! I think you made his day. ;)

What a sweet story! I bet you made that old man's day. :)

Actually, as he was walking away he said "that was the highlight of my day!" I was stunned how something so simple can make someone's day. He made mine! And it was only about 10 am.

Ah! How nice of him! :o BTW, your hair is beautiful!

starlights
January 27th, 2011, 07:34 AM
what a lovely old man. At least you brightened up his day!

WynneWear
January 27th, 2011, 07:54 AM
What a kind and truly charming compliment! It sounds like you each made each other's days. :)

Oz
January 27th, 2011, 08:10 AM
yay! lovely.

eezepeeze
January 27th, 2011, 10:31 AM
What a sweet comment! I bet that made your day :-)

Gumball
January 27th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Aww what a sweet compliment. I'm happy for you! If he was totally unaware of how fast it could be done, I can definitely understand the awe. Hair is down, and ten seconds later it's up and fancy. What?! That's magic!

rose.grace
January 27th, 2011, 03:40 PM
How cute! This reminds me of the 80's. The guys I hung out with were completely mesmerized with this girl's hair because, "She can make it curly just by getting it wet!" (She had a perm). :p

eternallyverdan
January 27th, 2011, 09:28 PM
That's adorable! What a nice guy.

I have a friend who calls me "Hair Ninja" because I can do buns in a couple seconds, and braid it in less than a minute. People (especially guys) always seem to think that updos are so mysterious!

faeriewings
January 27th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Aw. I love compliments like that.

The other day a friend told me "your hair smells like fruit loops..."