PDA

View Full Version : Who knew I could like my curly hair?!

AerithMoon
January 25th, 2011, 08:11 PM
So my hair has always been a thick mane of tight curls and extreme waves and I've always hated it. Curls are beautiful, but NOT when your hair is frizzy and uncontrollable along with it.

This is my first official week at LHC and I've done a LOT of reading. Thanks to all of you guys I've done a couple of treatments and am already sorting out what my hair likes and doesn't like.

Saturday night I did my first castor oil and coconut oil application, MAN that stuff was greasy. I didn't get it all out on the first wash but I wanted to see what this stuff did to my hair. I'm working on toning this down but I can see it working really well if I get the amounts down.

Tonight I added cinnamon, honey, and olive oil to some left over conditioner and my hair actually dried looking better than it normally does when I gel it after a shower!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D

I...didn't have to use gel... I'M SO HAPPY. :cheese:Of course it's still a little frizzy but I'm so happy to not be filling my hair with product just to go out the door and look decent.

This probably sounds like a weird thing to celebrate, but it is SO awesome to not have to depend on gel. I thought my hair was hopeless. I can officially toss that out of my hair care routine. RIP stiff, flaky, gelled hair.

THANK YOU ALL.

julliams
January 25th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Brilliant! I don't have tight curls myself but the biggest tip I can give you for getting rid if frizz is to keep your hands OUT of your hair. Just don't touch it whilst it is drying and even after that. As soon as I get my hands in there, frizz is certain.

Let us know when you come up with a routine that works well.

Hotrox
January 25th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I hear you :D

I used to tame my curls with gel, mousse, various curl creams and now I can just lightly oil and go - my hair just needed moisture and now I've changed my washing routine they are so much happier.

Henna also helped me a lot to tame the frizz I think.

GRU
January 25th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Oh honey, we curlies know EXACTLY what you're talking about!

Welcome to the land of not hating your hair anymore!

McFearless
January 25th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Oh honey, we curlies know EXACTLY what you're talking about!

Preach girl!

Lol welcome to the forum AerithMoon, it only gets better from here.:)

You should check out the CO Washing Method thread, it is curly girl heaven!

ScarlettAdelle
January 25th, 2011, 08:58 PM
That's a GREAT thing to celebrate!! :toast:

I'm currently growing out a bunch of color services & texture services that have made my curls just go frizzy & in some places, straight. When I get to the point where I can wear my hair down curly (or down at all w/out having to blowdry & flat iron it into kingdom come) I'm going to be ecstatic!

Getting away from having to paste it down with gel is amazing!! Go you! and go your hair! XD

... oh, and a resounding WELCOME TO LHC!!!

Copasetic
January 25th, 2011, 10:46 PM
The LHC helped me to love my curls too! I used to flat iron pretty much every day. I am so glad I finally learned how to take care of my hair.

milagro
January 25th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Great news :flower:
I too feel it's so liberating to be on good terms with your hair :D

Siava
January 26th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Yep yep. LHC opens the eyes of many curlies. I'm so happy you're starting to embrace yours, too! :D