View Full Version : I can do something with my crazy hair!!!

Kaelee
January 25th, 2011, 04:03 PM
It's kind of a cross between a peacock twist and a french twist I think. Held in with two bobby pins only, the slide is just for decoration and controlling escaping ends (it's too small to actually hold my hair)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/002-5.jpg

I am waiting to see how long this lasts. My hair is wet (I don't like to put it up wet but I did this time) so that is making it hold better I'm sure.

I can't believe I can actually DO something with this hair! I saw something at Rite Aid Sunday that is made my Scunci and looks kind of like a Ficarre (but not). I really wanted to get it but didn't know what to do with it...now I do! hehe

Shay0969
January 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Congrats! I know how you feel--my hair is just getting long enough to play with and consider hair toys. Let us know if it stayed in.

jojo
January 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Thats lovely like a waterfall! and I love your colour and shine!

Kaelee
January 25th, 2011, 05:11 PM
So far a few pieces are escaping but it's staying nicely. I pinned my fringe back on top with a clip like I always do when I need it to stay out of my face (for work or whatever). So when a piece escapes I just add it to the twist on top.

Not used to the feeling of an updo/having the weight that high on my head. I've not worn anything other than a ponytail in YEARS! (since I broke my last precious HUGE claw clip!)

Jojo- color and shine thanks to henna and coconut oil!

spidermom
January 25th, 2011, 05:37 PM
All right! Hooray! The door to up-dos has opened.

GuardGirl
January 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I absolutely LOVE it when I find a new way to wear my hair up. I can't stand to have it down in my face for more than enough time to let it airdry, so I know the joys of finding a new pretty way to get it out of the way. Congrats! Looks great! :)

Kathie
January 25th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Your ends look so healthy and blunt!

Anywhere
January 25th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Yay. :D
The slide is pretty and you do have some nice blunt ends there. :thumbsup:

tigr
January 25th, 2011, 07:40 PM
This is wonderful!

Kaelee
January 25th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks!! the ends are actually layered but now that I found two new ways to wear it, I'm not nearly so annoyed with my less than perfect layers! :-D

I took it down after I messed it up screwing with it, and put the slide in a half up. I swear I didn't think the slide could hold but it holds better than a ponytail holder!!!!

Dragon
January 25th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Looks great :)

Kaelee
January 26th, 2011, 02:02 PM
New hair toy! A knock off Ficarre ($4 at Rite Aid lol!)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/001-10.jpg

Lostsoule77
January 26th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Looks good. :)