PDA

View Full Version : Does not cutting off your damage affect your new healthy hair?

Kat Girl
January 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Like a lot of people, I have hair that was badly damaged from a bad dye job. Plus it doesn't help that my hair is super fine and delicate anyway. So I've sworn off chemicals and heat and am now taking much better care of my hair, and getting trims in an effort to gradually cut off all of the damaged hair so that one day I'll only have healthy virgin hair left.

But here's my question: As the new healthy/virgin hair grows in, if you keep the damaged part there, does that affect the new healthy hair? Like do the splits from the damage go up and split the healthy hair?

Currently my virgin hair is maybe to chin length by now, and my total length is BSL, with a good chunk at APL (due to a bad layer cut). I so want the length, but healthy and evened out is important to me too. Ahhh what to do what to do? :(

milagro
January 25th, 2011, 02:00 PM
It does. There's an article on damage in the Articles, very informative. But you can still live with your damage and grow, don't worry :)

Dragon
January 25th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Heres the link to the article on damage.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79

Kat Girl
January 25th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks. I was looking for the article. :)