PDA

View Full Version : Self trim instructions...

Violeta
January 25th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Hello ladies :)

I did a self trim yesterday and although its not perfect :o i think i love it and i decided i want to try cutting my own hair from now on.
I remember seeing self trimming instruction here long ago... but i just can't find them now :(

If anyone can help me i'd appreciate it. TIA :)

LornaDoone
January 25th, 2011, 10:58 AM
A lot of people follow Feye's Method to self trim their hair.

http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim

I trim my hair using her straight across instructions and it works great. Just remember to take tiny amounts of hair at a time.

Happy trimming!!:)

Violeta
January 25th, 2011, 01:09 PM
thank you! that works great :D:D

LaurelSpring
January 25th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I use Feye's instructions also. I had almost given up on it because when I slid the pony band down I couldnt get an even cut. It was very frustrating. I was watching a youtube on cutting your own hair and in that video the person put the pony bands all down the length of the hair. When I started doing it this way I have had much better success. Pony banding all the way down made it more secure and it didnt move around so much.

pepperminttea
January 25th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I use Feye's instructions also. I had almost given up on it because when I slid the pony band down I couldnt get an even cut. It was very frustrating. I was watching a youtube on cutting your own hair and in that video the person put the pony bands all down the length of the hair. When I started doing it this way I have had much better success. Pony banding all the way down made it more secure and it didnt move around so much.

I read about a similar variation in the comments on the instructions, where you tie a low ponytail normally, then tie another band on the ponytail just next to the first one, and pull that second one down the length to where you want to trim. I find it's a lot easier to get an even trim that way. :)

SpinDance
January 25th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I use a variation of the U-hemline method, parting in half then pulling each half over the shoulder to the front. I then slide my fingers down the hairs to get them even and straight across, do the same on the other side then combine them across together and cut off the longest 1/4 inch (or about 5 mm). It doesn't really look at all U-shaped, more straight across, but there is a very slight U to it, enough that it looks nicer than when I used the down-the-back pony method.

wendy51
January 29th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Me too i'll trim a little! 0,6cm but this time by myself (that will feel strange but at least, i won't pay anything from hairdresser) i'll feel relieved :>

Violeta
February 7th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Thank you for all the help ladies :).

Just wanted to share... i found this vid, not sure if it was posted before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc

krissykins
February 7th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Feye's self-trim instructions are now in the Articles section too, if anyone's interested!

Violeta
February 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
oh nice! :)

katielocks
June 25th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I found I had more control trimming as you describe using 2nd pony tail holder.

Inozz
June 26th, 2012, 11:20 AM
That video was very helpful. Does anyone have any tips on trimming slightly layered hair?

secondrain
June 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
These instructions are amazing and will save me a ton of money. Gems like this are exactly why I love this place

spidermom
June 26th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I divide my hair into halves, then comb each half forward very carefully and smoothly, putting them together into one ponytail under my chin. Then I close a book over it and slide the book toward the ends.